Jump to content

GIRLS STATE BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT


RETIREDFAN1

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Which one would not be a surprise?

Duncanville #5

Timberview #1

LaVega #2

Huntington #22 - Never been to the state tournament

Nacona #9 - Last rip to state tournament was 1953

Neches #16 - 8 trips in 16 seasons - 3 titles

 

I guess you could say Huntington and Nacona would both be surprises based on pedigree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

1A - Neches

2A - Nocona

3A- Huntington

4A - La Vega

5A - Mansfield Timberview

6A - Duncanville

Huntington ain't beating Columbus.

 

1A - Neches

2A - Martin Mills

3A- Rains

4A - La Vega

5A - Mansfield Timberview

6A - Duncanville

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Huntington ain't beating Columbus.

 

1A - Neches

2A - Martin Mills

3A- Rains

4A - La Vega

5A - Mansfield Timberview

6A - Duncanville

I like this scenario the best but not sure Newcastle won't take 1A

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Huntington ain't beating Columbus.

 

1A - Neches

2A - Martin Mills

3A- Rains

4A - La Vega

5A - Mansfield Timberview

6A - Duncanville

Why not? Huntington beat Fairfield. If they can beat them then they can beat anyone at the 3a level

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

Duncanville #5

Timberview #1

LaVega #2

Huntington #22 - Never been to the state tournament

Nacona #9 - Last rip to state tournament was 1953

Neches #16 - 8 trips in 16 seasons - 3 titles

 

I guess you could say Huntington and Nacona would both be surprises based on pedigree.

Tbh I didn't even know the rankings or have kept up with much outside of 3a

Link to comment
Share on other sites

idk if i would say they could beat anyone at the 3a level just because they beat ffield. I wasn't overly impressed with ffield but they had some fight in them. But like you, i dont really keep up with the 3a so my comments are solely my opinion and possibly a poor one. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Not sure Huntington beats Rains, but Columbus???

Didn't they just beat Fairfield?

shouldnt of beat fairfield. There was no defense or offense Hunington rain at Fairfield that caused Fairfield to lose...it was literally Fairfield missed every shot but 5 shots in second half...Fairfield scored 11 points total in the second half...They missed wide wide wide open shots.

 

Fairfield gave up 22 points first half and 20 points second half...If Fairfield makes 1/4 of the wide open shots at the elbow that brackens missed in second half it is a run away. 

 

The lay ups missed by fairfield...it was crazy to watch

 

Huntington will get blown out by Columbus you can take it to the bank

 

Columbus will win 64-42

Edited by Allheartnoquit
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

shouldnt of beat fairfield. There was no defense or offense Hunington rain at Fairfield that caused Fairfield to lose...it was literally Fairfield missed every shot but 5 shots in second half...Fairfield scored 11 points total in the second half...They missed wide wide wide open shots.

 

Fairfield gave up 22 points first half and 20 points second half...If Fairfield makes 1/4 of the wide open shots at the elbow that brackens missed in second half it is a run away. 

 

The lay ups missed by fairfield...it was crazy to watch

 

Huntington will get blown out by Columbus you can take it to the bank

 

Columbus will win 64-42

You giving me Huntington and 22 points?

How much you want to bet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Why not? Huntington beat Fairfield. If they can beat them then they can beat anyone at the 3a level

If Huntington meets up with Rains, depth is going to be the difference maker.  Rains is going to play 10 and press full court until the whistle blows.  They winded Winnsboro, who presses full court themselves and also rotates 8-10 players.  I’m excited for Huntington and pulling for the under dog, but Rains is the real deal this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huntington big girl was nightmare mismatch for Fairfield. FF missed a lot of those shots because of her presence in the middle. I really think if the two teams played again that FF would win but Huntington won on that particular night and deserved to win. IMO FF was the best overall team in the Region but the best team doesn’t always win or advance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

If Huntington meets up with Rains, depth is going to be the difference maker.  Rains is going to play 10 and press full court until the whistle blows.  They winded Winnsboro, who presses full court themselves and also rotates 8-10 players.  I’m excited for Huntington and pulling for the under dog, but Rains is the real deal this year.

We only rotated 7 sometimes 6 throughout the playoffs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I said it last week i believe that this year was the most parity i have seen in a long time. Yes Rains has been ranked high all year and probably not a huge surprise to be in SA but certainly the others werent exactly "expected". In my personal opinion, if Rains plays remotely close to how they played Saturday against us they will win it all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do love the interface on UIL website this year. Very clear and detailed. Also love how it is showing the little asterisks by the years teams win state. Noticed this is Canyons 29th trip and they have won 20 titles spanning 3A, 4A, and 5A and possibly smaller than that in the late 60s-70s

Edited by chevyman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...