Longview High School looking for Outreach Athletic Trainer through Christus Good Shepherd Health System...

Smoaky

Longview High School is looking for an outreach athletic trainer through the Christus Good Shepherd Health System, Longview, TX. Longview ISD currently has four athletic trainers, looking to add a 5th, and will be competing at the 6A level next year.  Questions can be directed to Deirdre Scotter [email protected]

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Coach Rab said:

The pay sucks.  I make $80k where I am at now.  It would be hard to raise 5 kids on east Texas salaries 

Would be something if you did . Marshall/ Lobo haha . Completely understand your sentiment though.

3 hours ago, Lion7000 said:

Would be something if you did . Marshall/ Lobo haha . Completely understand your sentiment though.

I would have left Marshall High School when I worked there for Longview.  It was not a great place to work when I was at Marshall.  I hold no sentiment for Marshall ISD.  It sucked to work there. 

I care about the success at Marshall HS, but I would have no problem or remorse working for a school that kicked their ### on the regular if it was a better work environment.  

The town, for the most part, sucks outside of ETBU.  The people there are great, but I went to visit Marshall a few months ago to see my mother and sister, and I thought I would see some improvements.  Basically, the only improvements to the town have happened at Marshall High School and East Texas Baptist University.  Every other business looked like a swift 40 MPH wind could take down their building.  I honestly wish my mom would just move.

***All the statements above are my personal opinions and feelings about the town itself.  I don't doubt that people have tried to make an improvement to the town, but it doesn't show on the outside.  I understand that this statement may disqualify me from ever working at Marshall ISD in the future, but if it does, that would just be a testament of the current administration trying to defend the actions of a really bad previous administration dating back almost 15 years ago.***

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

17 minutes ago, Coach Rab said:

I would have left Marshall High School when I worked there for Longview.  It was not a great place to work when I was at Marshall.  I hold no sentiment for Marshall ISD.  It sucked to work there. 

I care about the success at Marshall HS, but I would have no problem or remorse working for a school that kicked their ### on the regular if it was a better work environment.  

The town, for the most part, sucks outside of ETBU.  The people there are great, but I went to visit Marshall a few months ago to see my mother and sister, and I thought I would see some improvements.  Basically, the only improvements to the town have happened at Marshall High School and East Texas Baptist University.  Every other business looked like a swift 40 MPH wind could take down their building.  I honestly wish my mom would just move.

***All the statements above are my personal opinions and feelings about the town itself.  I don't doubt that people have tried to make an improvement to the town, but it doesn't show on the outside.  I understand that this statement may disqualify me from ever working at Marshall ISD in the future, but if it does, that would just be a testament of the current administration trying to defend the actions of a really bad previous administration dating back almost 15 years ago.***

Pretty much my opinion of the town/school as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coach Rab said:

Marshall has some brand new apartments on 80 East a new Quik Trip.

7 hours ago, Coach Rab said:

The pay sucks.  I make $80k where I am at now.  It would be hard to raise 5 kids on east Texas salaries 

Nah man, I know you're fine where you're at, I mean your network...   surely you know a lotta folks in your field who may be looking. That's all.  ;) 

50 minutes ago, VonG said:

Marshall has some brand new apartments on 80 East a new Quik Trip.

I saw the QT by the interstate.  Went in there to pee and a homeless man was pissing all over the floor in one of the stalls.

• LOL! 1

51 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

My nephew Jay R is a trainer at Tyler High, used to work at Whitehouse for a long time ..... wonder it he knows about the job in Longview ....

If he works for the ISD in Tyler, it will probably pay more than the hospital.  But if he wants a state championship....

On 3/27/2024 at 10:26 AM, Coach Rab said:

Hard for the town when the population peaked 60 years ago. Hasn't gone down much since then in terms of raw numbers, but the lack of growth is noticeable in the amount of abandoned structures/houses scattered across town. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 5:16 PM, CreateMyAccount said:

Hard for the town when the population peaked 60 years ago. Hasn't gone down much since then in terms of raw numbers, but the lack of growth is noticeable in the amount of abandoned structures/houses scattered across town. 

There are *numerous* houses in Marshall that my wife and I have wanted to buy, but there's just no way we can live there...  not unless ETBU wants to money-whip me for a cushy admin gig. 
:rofl:

On 3/27/2024 at 2:09 PM, Coach Rab said:

I saw the QT by the interstate.  Went in there to pee and a homeless man was pissing all over the floor in one of the stalls.

It was nice for like a week.

• Like 1