⚾⚾⚾ 2024 ASTROS THREAD ⚾⚾⚾

2 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Henley not ready for the big time gave up 5 runs and got one out. 

He definitely did not look like he belonged at the Major League level.  That was as bad a debut as I've seen in a long time.

21 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

He definitely did not look like he belonged at the Major League level.  That was as bad a debut as I've seen in a long time.

Good thing all the relief pitching looked great tonight and the hitting was timely

• Like 1

Abreu still has this year and next how can you cut the losses on this guy, he is beyond pitiful. He has been moved down to 8th in the batting order now. Trade for Moldy he can at least hit around .150 and can play a little first base....lol

2 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Time to bring Joey Loperfido up from Sugar Land he is raking right now

Exactly !!     If he comes up and hits .200 that is over double the production we can expect from Abreau or Singleton.

• Like 1

I wish I could be positive and I might be again one day, but today is not the day, this team is pathetic, we know almost the whole starting pitching is out but what is the excuse for those high paid players like Bregman who wants millions more along with Tucker, seems like all we do is pay Verlander to be on the DL. Abreu is a failure of epic proportions and Singleton shouldn't even be on a triple A team. Rant over....🤣

I only scratched the surface in my worry about the SP this year.  Atrocious is the only word that comes to mind.  We keep hearing Verlander and Framber will be back soon.   JV wasn't that good last year and Framber is hit and miss.   This is a loaded team MINUS starting and middle relievers.

How can you not panic.........and I know how early it is.   We are NOT going to win this division and I'm putting this in writing as of 4/12/2024.   

But it was one heck of a run 

Edited by THSfanatic

59 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

A completely battered Astros pitching staff and still only 2.5 games back after today’s big win. 

Some people here still acting like they’re 10 out in August.....

Lucky we are in a sorry division not a team over .500

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Major League hits leaders:
Astros 166
Dodgers 163
Padres 156

Major League hits leaders:
Altuve 26
Betts 25
Kwan 25
Ohtani 25

Major League batting average leaders:
Turner .386
Altuve .382
Volpe .382

(Per-Brian McTaggart/X)

Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

C.J. Stroud is throwing out tonight's ceremonial first pitch at Minute Maid Park.

And the comments.....lol

Might as well let him start the damn game. Spaghetti gonna blow have a batting practice session for the other team.

Leave him in for a few innings

Can he pitch in relief?

1 hour ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

And the comments.....lol

Might as well let him start the damn game. Spaghetti gonna blow have a batting practice session for the other team.

Leave him in for a few innings

Can he pitch in relief?

Game will be over by the second inning with subs playing by the 6th inning 

• Grumpy 1