Jump to content

⚾⚾⚾ 2024 ASTROS THREAD ⚾⚾⚾


Recommended Posts

Blanco and Javier are the only two starting pitchers that are healthy the rest of the starters are triple A it is like playing in the majors with a JV pitching staff and just think Blanco is a big surprise he came out of nowhere to be a shut down pitcher, at least for three games

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

And the comments.....lol

Might as well let him start the damn game. Spaghetti gonna blow have a batting practice session for the other team.

 

Leave him in for a few innings

 

Can he pitch in relief?

Actually Spaghetti wasn't half bad last night all the low paid relievers did alright but the overpaid reliever Hader did not, he was lit up big time. Of course it didn't matter we couldn't score either

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Abreu committed a error that let the tying run score. Houston will have to let him go and eat that salary. Batting .080 will not get you many good accolades but plenty of bad ones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Abreu committed a error that let the tying run score. Houston will have to let him go and eat that salary. Batting .080 will not get you many good accolades but plenty of bad ones

I doubt it.  They endured it last year & looks like they will again.  Bagwell was evidently BIG in bringing him here and now I'm reading where he is "pesonally working with him" on his hitting.  Good Lord.  Bagwell was a shell of himself the last 3 years he played and Abreu is a carbon copy.  Great career for both but once you go over the cliff you can't reverse gravity.

ANYBODY at 1st should be able to top batting .078.     But Crane & Bagwell are besties so we get to watch the results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Astros should send Texas some pizza for giving them 2 wins and padding the standings...🤣

 

Just kidding, this team will be fine and be in the hunt, maybe another postseason showdown between Astros and Rangers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Justin Verlander allowed two runs and four his over six innings in the three-time Cy Young Award winner’s season debut for the Houston Astros against the Washington Nationals on Friday night.

The 41-year-old right-hander, who began the season on the injured list because of right should inflammation, struck out four and walked none, throwing 59 of 78 pitches for strikes. Verlander averaged 94.3 mph with 35 four-seam fastballs and induced five groundouts. The nine-time All-Star retired the side in order four times. Houston Astros #JustinVerlander #vivahoustonpodcast #vivahouston

FB_IMG_1713579478458.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Justin Verlander allowed two runs and four his over six innings in the three-time Cy Young Award winner’s season debut for the Houston Astros against the Washington Nationals on Friday night.

The 41-year-old right-hander, who began the season on the injured list because of right should inflammation, struck out four and walked none, throwing 59 of 78 pitches for strikes. Verlander averaged 94.3 mph with 35 four-seam fastballs and induced five groundouts. The nine-time All-Star retired the side in order four times. Houston Astros #JustinVerlander #vivahoustonpodcast #vivahouston

FB_IMG_1713579478458.jpg

And the three closing pitchers Abreu, Pressly & Hader closed as they are suppose to, but not without a little sweating

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Former Astros minor league reliever Ronny Garcia, along with his father, passed away yesterday after being involved in a car accident in the Dominican Republic. Our prayers and condolences go out for the Garcia family. 🙏

FB_IMG_1713639143456.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What can I say, Houston makes up ways to lose a ballgame. You know it is bad when they say Bregman is a good fielding third baseman, his bat will not demand a big salary increase at least not in the month of April. Extra innings is a automatic loss. Diaz may have cost them the game with that catcher interference. Pressly don't start pitching until the game is tied up.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Espada gotta go ........horrible managing......

I haven't been a fan of his moves or his line-up order.   But it is the players who are out there. Not putting any blame on him except continuing to trot Abreau out there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

I haven't been a fan of his moves or his line-up order.   But it is the players who are out there. Not putting any blame on him except continuing to trot Abreau out there.

He's one of those guys who is good behind the scenes, but can't handle being the head honcho.......he gotta go......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Houston Astros right-hander Cristian Javier has been scratched from Sunday’s start against the host Washington Nationals due to neck discomfort.

My goodness have we got the biggest babies in the world on this staff, I have no ideal how Nolan Ryan pitched all those years

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Abreau update.   Continues to start    0-21 streak.   Now batting .065 with a slugging average of .081.  The next lowest slugging average of a starter is 4x what that is (.266)      

I'm really interested to see how low his average can go.   It looks like we will get to see....... I'm guessing a "mysterious" injury will sideline him in the next month or so.

 

Edited by THSfanatic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, THSfanatic said:

Abreau update.   Continues to start    0-21 streak.   Now batting .065 with a slugging average of .081.  The next lowest slugging average of a starter is 4x what that is (.266)      

I'm really interested to see how low his average can go.   It looks like we will get to see....... I'm guessing a "mysterious" injury will sideline him in the next month or so.

 

Bregman keeps up his bad hitting and his free agency year will cost him millions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jose Altuve’s hot start has continued. Through 25 games he leads the American League in hits (36), doubles (8) and batting average (.350)

Overall he is slashing .350/.412/.602 with 8 doubles, 6 homers, 3 stolen bases and a 195 OPS+ #Relentless

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...