What Researchers Discovered When They Sent 80,000 Fake Resumes to U.S. Jobs

On 4/9/2024 at 5:58 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Never heard of him .... 

the ultimate World of Warcraft player.

The slayer of all dragons.

Leeeeeeeeroooooooooyyyyyyyyy Jenkinssssss!

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, Coach Rab said:

the ultimate World of Warcraft player.

The slayer of all dragons.

Leeeeeeeeroooooooooyyyyyyyyy Jenkinssssss!

He's not in my wheelhouse  ....  never heard of him  .....

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

He's not in my wheelhouse  ....  never heard of him  .....

I have never played World of Warcraft, but this video made me laugh.  It’s stupid, but really funny.

19 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

The racist determine what a black name is and what a white name is then say everyone else is racist. Go figure

So you mean to tell that if you heard the name Tyrone Jenkins, you would bet a million dollars on that person being white?

26 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

So you mean to tell that if you heard the name Tyrone Jenkins, you would bet a million dollars on that person being white?

Several persons of the white race are named Tyrone Jenkins….how racist of you to co-opt that name for only black persons

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Several persons of the white race are named Tyrone Jenkins….how racist of you to co-opt that name for only black persons

So the same thing I said to the other guy. If one million dollars was on the line and you heard that name, you would guess white? 

32 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Do a Google image search for Tyrone Jenkins and get back with us with what you find. 

30 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrone_(name)

ctown81 you need to accept your racism and get on a knee and wash the feet of a person named Tyrone of the white persuasion….

I stand corrected according to the 2010 census. Well at least with newborns. Where the hell are all of all of the white tyrones. I've gone down a hold rabbit trail 

5 minutes ago, Olduy said:

What no one seems to be pointing out is what they call research is actually wasting the time of business people having to wade through the fake resumes!

Dude, I was told, to my face, by a technical recruiter that they sometimes put up fake job postings just to get resumes.

8 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

'Numerous'! Spotted 5 out of 80, and they went by Ty. :rofl:

I worked with a black guy named Thomas, and a mixed race guy named Lewis. I went to high School with a black guy named Robert and another named Reggie.

What was your point again?

8 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I worked with a black guy named Thomas, and a mixed race guy named Lewis. I went to high School with a black guy named Robert and another named Reggie.

Was responding to the glib denial of racism prevalent out there. Did you miss that for the 789th time or do you have an anecdote to share trying to deflect it? 

5 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Was responding to the glib denial of racism prevalent out there. Did you miss that for the 789th time or do you have an anecdote to share trying to deflect it? 

If I'm deflecting, I'm just doing what you do.

My broader point, since I have to apparently spell it out, is that you cannot necessarily tell the ethnicity or race of someone by their name.

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Now those Universal names. how about a white Jamal?