Kinda boring out there, let’s talk about some great matchups next season!

2 hours ago, CashCrossIsTheFuture4 said:

Football scene has been stagnant (as expected) but what are some exciting matchups that we see coming in this season? 

Off rip i’m gonna say Longview vs SOC and Carthage vs CH 

Add Carthage and the 6A team. That one should be interesting also. 

• Like 1

Longview has 4 consecutive weeks of HUGE matchups this fall.

Week 3 - vs South Oak Cliff (the big one that everyone is talking about)

Week 4 - vs Ruston, LA (this game, not enough people are talking about it. Ruston won the Louisiana 5A state championship last year and was in the state title game a year before. HC Jerrod Baugh use to be OC under King at Longview). 

Week 6 - vs Rockwall (11-2 last year)

Week 7- @ Forney (13-2 last year)

That's a tough 4 game stretch. Thank goodness for the BYE in Week 5.

A tricky Week 1 game down in Lufkin, so should be a fun schedule. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Week 4 - vs Ruston, LA (this game, not enough people are talking about it. Ruston won the Louisiana 5A state championship last year and was in the state title game a year before. HC Jerrod Baugh use to be OC under King at Longview). 

Ruston returns quite a bit too

21 hours ago, ANTI said:

you never truly know how a lufkin longview game will turn out so that does intrigue me.

i plan on being there when the lobos take on SOC. 

im sorry no disrespect to Ruston but i don't feel anything from this game. i believe Longview will win this one and i wouldn't be shocked if it was a blowout.

On 4/11/2024 at 4:02 PM, CashCrossIsTheFuture4 said:

Football scene has been stagnant (as expected) but what are some exciting matchups that we see coming in this season? 

Off rip i’m gonna say Longview vs SOC and Carthage vs CH 

It would be pretty cool to have these games on Saturday. I bet it would pack the house to capacity. 

On 4/20/2024 at 9:29 AM, cowboyandchrist said:

Belleville versus Celina should be a good game to watch. Celina always has a big athletic offensive line. 

Yeah I’m looking forward to it! Bellville will have some holes to fill on defense but brings back 8 starters on offense including the entire O line and 2 of the 3 RBs who all had over 1500 yards rushing a season ago… A lot of talk was made about how weak Bellville’s schedule was last year… can’t really say that this year

Tatum starts the season off with....

1. Winnsboro

2. Newton

3. Daingerfield

With the graduation of Watson at QB, Bradley will get thrown into the fire immediately his first year as the starter. Will be interesting to see how we handle this 3 game stretch to start the season. If we can stay competitive and gain from it, I'll be happy with it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I saw Ruston (LA) @ Longview was mentioned here, Ruston actually has 3 games in Texas this year:

Ruston (LA) @ Longview

Ruston (LA) vs Midland Legacy (@ Choctaw Stadium AKA the former Globe Life Field) (Saturday)

Ruston (LA) vs Stephenville (@ Longview) (Saturday)

Ruston's in a 6-team district and the only other 5A district above the I-10 corridor has 9 teams, and I'm sure it's hard to find opponents as the defending state champs anyway, so they had to get creative with the scheduling. They also have another out-of-state game (this one at home at least) vs Cabot (AR), with their only in-state non-district opponent being Acadiana out of the Lafayette area.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 9:35 AM, ANTI said:

The SOC matchup is interesting, I read coach Todd state they needed to get “outside” the Dallas area vs teams with highly active fan bases..knowing the playoffs will send them south, and southeast. Favorable match up for the Lobos..the golden bears will struggle against the Lobos strong defense, grind it out offense style.

3 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Carthage plays a 6A team out of Houston. 
Carthage versus Kilgore (number 1 defense in 4A up against the number 2 defense in 4A) per Dave Campbell. 
Carthage versus Chapel Hill another good match up. 

The 6A team is not from Houston.  Much further south.  San Benito is between Harlingen & Brownsville.  Houston is the neutral field.

Edited by PantherNation2015
  • Like 2