Kinda boring out there, let’s talk about some great matchups next season!

Bellville will play pre season 4A D1 #4 Celina, Stafford, Hitchcock, and Columbus… I imagine Hitchcock and Columbus will be top 10 in 3A D1 once the rankings are released 

20 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

The 6A team is not from Houston.  Much further south.  San Benito is between Harlingen & Brownsville.  Houston is the neutral field.

Carthage has more athletes, depth is question  though.  Be interesting

3 hours ago, steelhammer said:

Carthage has more athletes, depth is question  though.  Be interesting

Carthage will beat them by 21+.  Carthage has a lot more than just athletes this year.  I still think when it’s all said and done y’all will be comparing this year’s Carthage team to the 2017 & 2020 Dawg teams.  Doomer says true story!

Tyler Vs. Marshall-   This game was a 5-OT thriller last season.  Both teams are going to be improved this year.  Should be another good one.

Marshall Vs. Texas High-  Either Marshall or Texas High has won (or shared) every district championship in this district since 2015.  Seems this game decides the #1 and #2 seeds every season.

Marshall Vs. Whitehouse-  This has grown into one of the best rivalries in the district.  In spite of the fact that the Mavs have won 5 of the last 6 games..... they are generally barn-burners.

There's always the Longview game..... will be another packed house.... the distant hope for an upset...and reality setting in by halftime.  But there's always that "what if" before the despair.

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

What why is Columbus #2?... that shocks me when they didn't even make the region final.

I'd say they return some key pieces and the region 3 will be down some from last season. It's also preseason as well, I wouldn't put to much into it. The ones that follow 3A ball usually know where each team is at. 

DAVE CAMPBELL'S TEXAS FOOTBALL 

CLASS 3A, DIVISION 1 TOP 10

Malakoff (16-0)

Columbus (12-1)

Franklin (14-2)

Hitchcock (9-2)

Edna (11-3)

Bushland (11-2)

Paradise (12-2)

Grandview (11-2)

Goliad (10-3) 

Sweetwater (7-5)

(2023 Season Records in Parenthesis)

Edited by blackngoldtiger

19 minutes ago, blackngoldtiger said:

I'd say they return some key pieces and the region 3 will be down some from last season.

DAVE CAMPBELL'S TEXAS FOOTBALL 

CLASS 3A, DIVISION 1 TOP 10

Malakoff (16-0)

Columbus (12-1)

Franklin (14-2)

Hitchcock (9-2)

Edna (11-3)

Bushland (11-2)

Paradise (12-2)

Grandview (11-2)

Goliad (10-3) 

Sweetwater (7-5)

(2023 Season Records in Parenthesis)

Region 3 will be "down" some but they have 3 in the top 4. I guess if that is down then region 3 will be okay. Until Hitchcock can show me how good the line play is then they should not be even in the top 10. They got knocked out in the first round. Columbus i could see them being in the top 3 for sure.

Edited by lionpride08

1 minute ago, lionpride08 said:

Region 3 will be "down" some but they have 3 in the top 4. I guess if that is down then region 3 will be okay.

You know what I mean. Region 3 still has teams that'll be there but there were some really good teams last season to what there will be this season, some of those teams will be down a little bit is what I meant.

3 minutes ago, blackngoldtiger said:

You know what I mean. Region 3 still has teams that'll be there but there were some really good teams last season to what there will be this season, some of those teams will be down a little bit is what I meant.

Yeah I know what you mean but you never know. Koff is the favorite no doubt. Columbus could not stop Lorena's run game and it lost them the game. Malakoff vs Franklin in the state game again.

Edited by lionpride08

9 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Yeah I know what you mean but you never know. Koff is the favorite no doubt. Columbus could not stop Lorena's run game and it lost them the game. Malakoff vs Franklin in the state game again.

I know. I saw that game. Lorena got on a hot streak too during that time period. As you know, it's all about match ups.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the kids take to coach Wilson taking over on Defense for Koff.

• Like 1