Jump to content

UG AND OC jobs?


Destry

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, fiapoly said:

Lol you must be from Diana because I had a friend that coached there and loved it.  Loved the kids and the Parents. Never had a issues with either.

Like you said "coached" not currently coaching.  And no, not from Diana.  Trust me, it's not the same group of kids and parents if there were good ones before lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, WyattEarp said:

Like you said "coached" not currently coaching.  And no, not from Diana.  Trust me, it's not the same group of kids and parents if there were good ones before lol.

You could say the same about a lot of places.

Kids and parents have changed post-covid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great hire. Absolutely hate to see him go but he's a hell of a coach and a hell of a guy. I knew it was coming just was hoping it wouldn't be this soon. Wish him nothing but the best. He'll have that flex rolling in no time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, VerumDixit said:

I hope he enjoyed it. It's probably over now.

You'd be surprised. I bet he competes fairly quick. 4th down ain't 4th down.....its just the second 3rd down. He ain't punting. Just when you thought you had him stopped. One more play for teenagers to try to decide where the hell the ball is going and defend it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

You'd be surprised. I bet he competes fairly quick. 4th down ain't 4th down.....its just the second 3rd down. He ain't punting. Just when you thought you had him stopped. One more play for teenagers to try to decide where the hell the ball is going and defend it. 

I don't think it has anything to do with him honestly. It has to do with genetics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, VerumDixit said:

I don't think it has anything to do with him honestly. It has to do with genetics.

That offense was created to bridge the gap between lesser teams and athletic teams. Army, Air Force, Navy run it to bridge the gap between lesser athletes/smaller linemen with everyone else to be able to compete. If the OC kids will buy in and soak up everything he teaches them......they're gonna score....and score often. Defense? Well.....he's gonna have to hire a damn good DC. 

Edited by Eagle8
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats to him. He posts on here frequently. He has waited his turn and is ready. I was hoping EF would have tried to get him a few years ago. But he probably wasn't interested anyway but I would have reached out to him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

That offense was created to bridge the gap between lesser teams and athletic teams. Army, Air Force, Navy run it to bridge the gap between lesser athletes/smaller linemen with everyone else to be able to compete. If the OC kids will buy in and soak up everything he teaches them......they're gonna score....and score often. Defense? Well.....he's gonna have to hire a damn good DC. 

Love watching the flex bone, would not want to be the dc trying to stop it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Ore City came out on the better side of this deal. 
 

Jeremy Kubiak is an improvement over Kyle Adams in every way you could measure. 

Can't say much for Adams, don't know anything about him, but Kubiak is gonna bring life and intensity to that program. It'll be a culture shock to the kids at first. He's gonna teach and demand them to do all the little things right. But once all the little things start adding up, big things happen. Excited for him and looking forward to see where his career goes. OC absolutely didn't get it wrong with the hire. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Destry said:

Love watching the flex bone, would not want to be the dc trying to stop it. 

I won't lie.....when he and Keeling brought the flexbone to Tatum, I wasn't extremely excited about the thought of it but they were winners and a great staff and i was ok with it. I have always been a spread it out and sling it type fan. Game 1 instantly changed my mind. I expected the boring ole 3 yards and a cloud of dust and that most certainly was incorrect. Explosive plays all over the place. It has the ability to drag out a drive for 17 or 18 plays if that's what you need but it can also score in 1 or 2. So many moving parts, so many possibilities. I would not wanna be the DC across from it for sure. We had 695 total yards one game. It's a machine. 

Edited by Eagle8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean no offense by this statement, I figured he could get a better HFC job than this. ORE CITY, you got a steal on this one. You better roll out the red carpet and treat him like royalty. The next one won’t be of this caliber. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/26/2024 at 10:39 AM, VerumDixit said:

I hope he enjoyed it. It's probably over now.

Ore City made the playoffs last year and won 1st round game.  You sound like a OC hater hiding behind a keyboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fiapoly said:

Ore City made the playoffs last year and won 1st round game.  You sound like a OC hater hiding behind a keyboard.

Does Ore City return a lot? Legit question because I don't know. Not trying to relate the question to your comment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...