UPDATE: Linden-Kildare hires Jason Ferguson AD/HC

2 hours ago, Destry said:

Next years team doesn’t like black uniforms so buy new ones again?

Wear the blue ones that aren’t that old…. If you’re worth your weight in salt as a HFC/AD you know how to care for and cycle uniforms and have options. 

17 hours ago, JackReacher said:

What other colors might be affecting him?

i legit think he doesn't know what he is doing when it comes to overall athletic program stability and creating a culture.  It's the same both places he's been in charge. There's a reason things fall apart wherever he is, including the staff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WyattEarp said:

i legit think he doesn't know what he is doing when it comes to overall athletic program stability and creating a culture.  It's the same both places he's been in charge. There's a reason things fall apart wherever he is, including the staff.

What do you think it will take to help LK out? 

5 hours ago, WyattEarp said:

Clarksville and LK have been models of consistency before Farmer ruined them both for sure. 

• Love 1
  • LOL! 1

15 hours ago, JackReacher said:

What do you think it will take to help LK out? 

A great coach with 4 or 5 sons all college football prospects and a coaching staff with sons the same caliber as the head coaches. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 4

16 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

LK won't be good until there is an economic boon in Cass county. It's a dying town without athletes. They need more Jimmy's and Joe's. Doesn't matter about the Xs and Os.

And the Jimmy's and Joe's that they do have decide to quit and walk off the field when things get tough.  It's a culture thing too.  It's been allowed.  During the football playoffs when they were getting railed the "stud" athlete they had walked off and left.  Came back in street clothes i think i heard.  Did the same thing in basketball, just quit.  Might be a Jimmy on the field but if something gets bad he turns into a Kimmy and leaves his teammates.  But like i said that makes my point, its been allowed by the AD and most importantly the parents.  LK is rough all the way around.

• Wow 1

What kind of accountability was set in place for this kids that quit when the going gets tough? I can’t see an AD just letting that happen and not do anything about it unless his hands were tied behind his back with admin or school board. 

12 hours ago, JackReacher said:

What kind of accountability was set in place for this kids that quit when the going gets tough? I can’t see an AD just letting that happen and not do anything about it unless his hands were tied behind his back with admin or school board. 

Well it happened. Wether his hands were tied or not, I don't see what it matters. It happened In the first round of the football playoffs this year and it happened during basketball so much that they didn't even have enough to play some nights. That embarrassing for the entire place. But it was allowed and who knows if it was ever addressed. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 11:02 AM, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

LK won't be good until there is an economic boon in Cass county. It's a dying town without athletes. They need more Jimmy's and Joe's. Doesn't matter about the Xs and Os.

good point and can be said about alot of small etx towns

• Like 1

Everyone saying that LK has NO talent didn’t go to a game. The talent has dropped in the last 30 years, sure. But they had the talent to compete at their level of football. Culture issues are extreme, and have gotten worse the last couple of years. Still should have gone .500 and pushed for 3rd in district. It won’t get fixed till it gets fixed. 

3 minutes ago, DogEatDog said:

Everyone saying that LK has NO talent didn’t go to a game. The talent has dropped in the last 30 years, sure. But they had the talent to compete at their level of football. Culture issues are extreme, and have gotten worse the last couple of years. Still should have gone .500 and pushed for 3rd in district. It won’t get fixed till it gets fixed. 

I would say its the worst football district in the state. 

• Like 3
  • Stinks 1

be great to have a well versed AD, but being a good girls coach doesn't equate to good football. correct me if i'm wrong, just thought it was AD/HFC, needs to be good football coach. well versed in other sports is always a plus too

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ronnyham said:

be great to have a well versed AD, but being a good girls coach doesn't equate to good football. correct me if i'm wrong, just thought it was AD/HFC, needs to be good football coach. well versed in other sports is always a plus too

I was just clarifying.  I've seen AD's that were good football coaches and also had experience in other sports.  They were usually good for the whole program.  I've seen some that were football only.  Sometimes they had good football programs and sometimes not.  But, the entire athletic program never grew under guys like that.

• Like 1