THE OFFICIAL 2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD

6 minutes ago, Baron said:

I agree 100%, but will he drop to 24?

I hope. If so, he's my pick. 

If Brooks is gone, I'd focus on one of these three positions tonight...Center, LB, DT, and here's who I like for each:

C - Tanor Bortolini - Wisc

LB - Trevin Wallace - Kentucky, or Payton Wilson - NC State 

DT - Braden Fiske - FSU

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

I hope. If so, he's my pick. 

If Brooks is gone, I'd focus on one of these three positions tonight...Center, LB, DT, and here's who I like for each:

C - Tanor Bortolini - Wisc

LB - Trevin Wallace - Kentucky, or Payton Wilson - NC State 

DT - Braden Fiske - FSU

Center or LB? Dallas needs both. Dallas has been good at drafting best available while considering need.

Just now, Baron said:

Center or LB? Dallas needs both. Dallas has been good at drafting best available while considering need.

I don't understand what you're asking me, lol. 

29 minutes ago, Baron said:

There is a major need at both positions. I guess I was asking what position was the greater priority in your mind.

I gotcha now. 

It all depends on how things fall tonight. Let's say, hypothetically, that Jackson Powers-Johnson falls to Dallas; they have to take him. If not, then go either LB or DT, depending on who's there. I think you could argue that LB and DT are equal needs. I believe Bortolini will be there in the 3rd. 

I did some research and it looks like if Dallas wants to play to the strengths of the draft, the order of their picks should be LB 1A, RB 1B, IOL and DB.

11 minutes ago, Baron said:

I did some research and it looks like if Dallas wants to play to the strengths of the draft, the order of their picks should be LB 1A, RB 1B, IOL and DB.

If we see a run on defense in the second round like we did with offense in rd 1, then I could certainly see going in that order. Getting the 73rd pick is going to help tremendously. We may not get Brooks with that pick, but Benson or Shipley could still be there. 

Also, I'd replace the DB pick with a DT. DB would be lower on my list of needs. 

10 hours ago, Valhalla said:

That guy isn't a project. He would have been a top 10 pick at tackle in next year's draft. 

They guy sounds like he could be dominant at 6'8" 322.  I'm not even going to compare him to Larry Allen who when he was drafted in the 2nd round nobody had heard of the guy.  He didn't even graduate from H.S., but went on to play at a J.C. and then a Division II program.  The only thing bad about this guy I see is he played at OU.

15 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

They guy sounds like he could be dominant at 6'8" 322.  I'm not even going to compare him to Larry Allen who when he was drafted in the 2nd round nobody had heard of the guy.  He didn't even graduate from H.S., but went on to play at a J.C. and then a Division II program.  The only thing bad about this guy I see is he played at OU.

And that isn’t a real issue. Oklahoma has the best OL coach in football.

Wasn't 100% excited about the Philly eagles taking CB Cooper Dejean with the 40th pick. Not only the Boyz don't get him, they gotta play him at least a couple times. I know the Cowboyz inc. has got a reason to what they doing but it ain't always jus crystal clear earlyon.

Edited by Doomer
Booyah

5 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I mean, who is left for the cowboys to pick, running back from Texas is gone....LB from A&M is gone.....Is AD Mitchell still out there? 

Just went to the Colts....My bad....

21 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Did the Cowboys just take a "knee" for the season......:rofl:

Someone above said, don't take a DL from Michigan....Does this count? 

No, this doesn’t count, lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

2 Offensive Linemen--Both Big 12

A Michigan D Lineman

A Notre Dame LB

Anymore picks tonight

The LB choice was an odd one. 

That’s their last pick until the 5th round 

• Like 1

We don't have a 4th rd pick, so we're probably not likely to get any of these guys, but here's my wishlist for today...

RB:
Jaylen Wright 
Braelon Allen
Audric Estime

WR:
Johnny Wilson 
Devontez Walker
Troy Franklin

C
Tanor Bortolini 

LB:
Cedric Gray
Jaylan Ford

3 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

We don't have a 4th rd pick, so we're probably not likely to get any of these guys, but here's my wishlist for today...

RB:
Jaylen Wright 
Braelon Allen
Audric Estime

WR:
Johnny Wilson 
Devontez Walker
Troy Franklin

C
Tanor Bortolini 

LB:
Cedric Gray
Jaylan Ford

Ray Davis in the 5th and Jaylon Ford in the 6th.

4 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

RB:
Jaylen Wright 
Braelon Allen
Audric Estime

WR:
Johnny Wilson 
Devontez Walker
Troy Franklin

C
Tanor Bortolini 

LB:
Cedric Gray
Jaylan Ford

Most of those are gone by the time Jerruh gets to pick .....