STATE BASEBALL TOURNAMENT

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Franklin 5 Orangefield 6 final/8

With 2 outs and bases loaded Orangefield steals home and was clearly out but called safe. Franklin should have never been in that spot to begin with but base on balls will hurt you everytime.

It happens. That's how we won our SC a couple of years ago it was from a walk off. 

31 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Celina flexed in game two vs LE.  8-0 final.  Celina starter gave up 1 hit and had 9 K’s.  I think Celina had 4-5 triples.  Game three tomorrow at 2pm.  WT Jones will take the mound for LE.

Congrats to SH.   Good luck to LE tomorrow.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Yeah. Looked out from that angle. Throw got there right when the runner was starting to slide. 

Yeah but we should have never been that spot in the first place. Was up 5-1 but then started to walk everyone.

Posted (edited)

I thought it was games won first then games lost second. Calallen just won so they might be the number one seed if not Celina if they win. Just watched the Calallen series and the loser got robbed of a SC appearance. Both teams are absolutely LOADED! If any other region Boerne would have been in IMO.

Edited by Sportsfanatic1

All I can say is the umpire crew from the Shelbyville/Centerville match-up should be banned! 

I'm not a conspiracy person, but those calls were awful! 

A homerun that was clearly foul. I mean CMON man! 

And then reversing the fair ball and calling it foul and taking away 2 runs? 

This will be talked about a lot. It was awful. 

The officials or umpires should never be that involved in an outcome. 

2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Are you sure about that?  The bracket sets up for Region 1 vs 3 and Region 2 vs 4 in the semi-final.

The top two records are split into separate semifinals and they flip a coin between the other two to see who they will face

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Celina flexed in game two vs LE.  8-0 final.  Celina starter gave up 1 hit and had 9 K’s.  I think Celina had 4-5 triples.  Game three tomorrow at 2pm.  WT Jones will take the mound for LE.

Winny is the place to be today

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chevyman said:

Winny is the place to be today

Love this matchup. Team full of kids thats had years of travel ball and who knows how much money spent on batting and pitching lessons versus kids with just God given athletic ability. Rooting for LE. 

17 minutes ago, SmokedOut said:

Love this matchup. Team full of kids thats had years of travel ball and who knows how much money spent on batting and pitching lessons versus kids with just God given athletic ability. Rooting for LE. 

Let’s not embellish the story too much.  I’m sure there are plenty of LE kids that have been playing travel ball every summer for years given their recent success. I hope the LE team from Thurs shows up because they looked flat and uninspired yesterday.  Celina, on the other hand, looked good Thurs and looked even better yesterday.  I’ll be watching either way and pulling for LE to punch their ticket.

9 hours ago, SmokedOut said:

Just ready for this to be over so we are officially on football time lol. 

Hush your mouth!  Let us Panther fans enjoy the ride one more week.  Feels good for once not to be looking up at the likes of Gilmer, Carthage, PG, etc. in a sport.  😁

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Hush your mouth!  Let us Panther fans enjoy the ride one more week.  Feels good for once not to be looking up at the likes of Gilmer, Carthage, PG, etc. in a sport.  😁

Go get’em panthers!