STATE BASEBALL TOURNAMENT

19 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

I hate the one game format.  Teams can one-pitcher their way to Austin but it takes 2 back to back wins to win state.

Tatum looks to be much improved vs 2023.

I’m right there with you.  Not sure what Tatum has, but Gunter’s pitching staff is very good and pretty deep.  With Tatum winning the flip for Wednesday, that eliminates the Gunter pitcher who shut out Edgewood on Saturday.  Safe travels for both teams, that’s not a fun drive for either group

1 hour ago, blueflu said:

I thought you said he would pitch......your like my wife.  Constantly changing your mind.

What are you talking about Blu?  The pitcher who threw the shutout Saturday against Edgewood won’t have enough rest time before Wednesday to pitch.  Don’t know what you mean by changing my mind like your wife.  Gunter will have their #1 ready and the freshman lefty

On 5/20/2024 at 10:56 PM, GTAlumnus said:

I hate the one game format.  Teams can one-pitcher their way to Austin but it takes 2 back to back wins to win state.

Tatum looks to be much improved vs 2023.

Every other sport has to do it. They will be okay.

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

Every other sport has to do it. They will be okay.

What other sport has a pitch count limit and plays twice on the same day or on consecutive day? ....

17 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

What other sport has a pitch count limit and plays twice on the same day or on consecutive day? ....

I'm talking about a single elimination tournament.

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I'm talking about a single elimination tournament.

That's the point, Jethro  .....   That's why teams with only one good pitcher want to play a one game single elimination .....

• Like 2

Region 3 FINALS

Chester vs. Neches

Game 1: Saturday May 25 at 7pm at Rusk

Game 2: Tuesday May 28 at 6pm at Hudson

Game 3: If needed Wednesday May 29 at 6pm at Hudson

On 5/19/2024 at 12:53 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Big time series here.

W11 Celina (34-5) vs. W15 Texarkana Pleasant Grove (25-8-1)
Game 1: Wednesday, May 22 @ East Texas Baptist University, 7:00 PM
Game 2: Thursday, May 23 @ Denton Guyer HS, 7:00 PM
Game 3: Saturday, May 25 @ TBD (If Needed)

games 1 & 2 are being rescheduled. 

• Thanks 1

Spring Hill took game one over Salado 5-0 in Corsicana today.  They moved up the start time to 2:45pm and got it in before the rain.  Game two & three (if needed) are back in Corsicana on Sat (due to graduation ceremonies).

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Did Tatum only have 2 pitchers? The Gunter starter was lights out after the delay. 

Tatum only had 1 really good pitcher and their coach decided to pull him after the delay at only 50 pitches and winning 2-1 turned out to be a bad decision as Gunter only had 2 hits off of him.  The only reason to flip for 1 game was so he could pitch so not sure why they pulled him unless he just couldn’t get warmed back up to pitch but lost the whole advantage of the 1 game series as soon as they pulled him. Russell is a great coach but I am sure some the fans are wondering what he was thinking. Great season Eagles. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Tatum only had 1 really good pitcher and their coach decided to pull him after the delay at only 50 pitches and winning 2-1 turned out to be a bad decision as Gunter only had 2 hits off of him.  The only reason to flip for 1 game was so he could pitch so not sure why they pulled him unless he just couldn’t get warmed back up to pitch but lost the whole advantage of the 1 game series as soon as they pulled him. Russell is a great coach but I am sure some the fans are wondering what he was thinking. Great season Eagles. 

My bet is he was thinking about the kid’s future.  Gunter had most of the cards in their favor.  Tatum just needed to be good enough for one game.  It would have been interesting to see how it played out had the weather held off.  But it didn’t.  All you can do is tip your cap and celebrate a great season.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wingtmafia said:

Harmony getting crushed game 1 vs Boyd

Top of 5th 8-1 Boyd

Harmony’s #1 pitcher Tittle pitched out in 4th inning. 

Boyd took game one 11-1.

Tittle pitched well early in counts but too often couldn’t finish off the hitter. Hats off to the Boyd hitters, they were very tough even with 2 strikes and didn’t expand the zone.

Game 2 is at 11am today. 

42 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Boyd took game one 11-1.

Tittle pitched well early in counts but too often couldn’t finish off the hitter. Hats off to the Boyd hitters, they were very tough even with 2 strikes and didn’t expand the zone.

Game 2 is at 11am today. 

They are the defending state champs right?