Paris High Men’s basketball open

8 hours ago, FootballKrazy10 said:

Not sure if Coach Steed is retiring or going somewhere but the job has been posted. 

Coach Steed retired a year ago.  This guy looks like 1 and done.  

8 minutes ago, darktower said:

Messed up when you have a Coach of that quality and You lose him because his program is more successful than the football program

Coach Steed is a great man and coach but I think at this point he was just ready to retire and enjoy his family. These past couple of seasons there hasn’t been that much of difference between the football program and basketball programs which were early exits from the playoffs. 

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, FootballKrazy10 said:

Coach Steed is a great man and coach but I think at this point he was just ready to retire and enjoy his family. These past couple of seasons there hasn’t been that much of difference between the football program and basketball programs which were early exits from the playoffs. 

Early exit??? Lost in 3rd round this season,, 3rd round previous season, 4th round season before that...all 3 times to Dallas Carter. During those seasons football lost in 1st round, didn't make playoffs, lost in 2nd round. Not quite the same

Edited by harry7

20 minutes ago, harry7 said:

Early exit??? Lost in 3rd round this season,, 3rd round previous season, 4th round season before that...all 3 times to Dallas Carter. During those seasons football lost in 1st round, didn't make playoffs, lost in 2nd round. Not quite the same

To us Paris people that’s early for us because we can never get over that hump and I’m pretty sure some of those years we lost to faith family. 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, FootballKrazy10 said:

To us Paris people that’s early for us because we can never get over that hump and I’m pretty sure some of those years we lost to faith family. 

early for paris people? how many state tournaments have you paris people made? btw the loss to faith was in regional finals in 2020

• LOL! 3

5 hours ago, FootballKrazy10 said:

Thats not early for yall 🤣

On 5/1/2024 at 8:30 AM, FootballKrazy10 said:

I don't think he was ready to retire but I do think he was tired of dealing with the AD. Also the death of his long time assistant coach last year probably made it even harder. 

They could get a decent basketball coach but I'm sure they'll just let some football coach run the program down.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, fiapoly said:

Until something is done about Faith Family, only Faith Family will make the State Tournament from this region.

i believe they are 5a starting next year

20 minutes ago, fiapoly said:

Well that's a good thing

As long as  they let the Dallas kids move from school to school nothing will change.  A team that can't do that has no chance against a Carter that's in the Regionals every year for this district.

4 hours ago, PeanutKing74 said:

I do not understand why Faith Family plays in the UIL. They play a national schedule prior to starting district and then play in one of the weakest districts, it is insane. 

Have you ever saw the boundaries that they draw from?  Reaches 50-75 miles easily

On 5/2/2024 at 11:33 AM, fiapoly said:

Until something is done about Faith Family, only Faith Family will make the State Tournament from this region.

Nothing will be done and with the voucher system coming soon it’s going to get worse.   

• 1 month later...

Word is that Paris hired the coach at Pine Tree.  Hope he has a thick skin and knows what he's getting into.  Any info on the new coach, record, playoffs and such?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2024 at 9:56 AM, PeanutKing74 said:

I do not understand why Faith Family plays in the UIL. They play a national schedule prior to starting district and then play in one of the weakest districts, it is insane. 

The ball got rolling on this a long time ago, allowing charter schools to take hold, allowing districts to be open enrollment, vouchers etc...we have statewide elections and the politicians who were voted in to thank for this

• Like 1