Godley

Is this AD/Hd F’ball job open? I read several days ago on Texas Football that Coach left, but haven’t seen it advertised on “normal” websites.

I believe this is a really good job with lots of upside! Anyone hear anything?

8 hours ago, bradbankman said:

I was wondering the same. Only open on their website so I imagine an internal hire.

I think it'll be an external hire but its a "don't call us, we'll call you kinda deal"

Posted (edited)

I'd be wary of this one...

Lowery was a really good one and there's a reason he left.  I'm being told it's not because of Godley itself.

I WILL point out that, typically, former band directors as administrators can be difficult to work with.

Edited by nationalpastime

In my conversations with Lowery and others who are familiar with the situation this move had very little to do w/anyone or anything in Godley...I never once got the vibe he was pushed out, I think w/o getting into too much personally a decision made solely for the betterment of Coach Lowery's family 

Posted (edited)

The job’s posted on the website and supposedly they’ve gotten 8 applicants. I hope they do the right thing and at least put an interim tag on the DC. 

Its awful late in the game to be looking for a staff.

27 minutes ago, nationalpastime said:

The job’s posted on the website and supposedly they’ve gotten 8 applicants. I hope they do the right thing and at least put an interim tag on the DC. 

Its awful late in the game to be looking for a staff.

Interviews are starting this week to my understanding

• Like 1

On 5/8/2024 at 12:45 PM, oldasdirt said:

Is this AD/Hd F’ball job open? I read several days ago on Texas Football that Coach left, but haven’t seen it advertised on “normal” websites.

I believe this is a really good job with lots of upside! Anyone hear anything?

The facilities there are fantastic.

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 2:46 PM, playactionpass39 said:

Did they have a guy and he back out?

Job is posted on THSCA.

Also posted are multiple assistant jobs and Head Baseball job. 

This should be a great job with the Camp Gladiator discount that’s offered. 

On a serious note, though, there’s a higher up that is a firm pageantry guy who loves the dog and pony show. I don’t know of a lot of people that are established that would take a swing at this one with school essentially being out. It’ll probably go to a younger coordinator who’ll struggle filling the staff. That’s why I still think the DC should at least get a shot but I’m nowhere near involved with Godley. 

A lot of those other positions posted were people who wouldn’t get certified in their designated areas (Godley is a DOI) despite the district giving them multiple years to get it done. 

Sounds like the job was offered to a "big fish" who did check it out and turned the job down....

There was an internal candidate who interviewed and I've heard about 4 current HC's interviewed all with West TX ties....

This thing seems to have turned in the past two weeks, just talking to people close to the situation I can see a scenario where the supt promotes an internal candidate (I'd imagine the DC) as an interim for 2024....then re-evaluate things after the season....it's a win/win situation because 1) its super late 2) you dont shake things up at this point so you appease the riled up parents 3) If things go great you promote the DC, if they dont go well, post the job in Dec and you get a TON of interest and you set the new guy up with a full off-season 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

This thing seems to have turned in the past two weeks, just talking to people close to the situation I can see a scenario where the supt promotes an internal candidate (I'd imagine the DC) as an interim for 2024....then re-evaluate things after the season....it's a win/win situation because 1) its super late 2) you dont shake things up at this point so you appease the riled up parents 3) If things go great you promote the DC, if they dont go well, post the job in Dec and you get a TON of interest and you set the new guy up with a full off-season 

Logic?

You bringing logic and intelligence to this conversation?

Makes way too much sense.

• LOL! 1

58 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

District 4

Ft Worth Benbrook

Ft Worth Dunbar

Glen Rose

Godley

Hillsboro

Venus

District Championship a possibility?

I would imagine Glen Rose will have something to say about that, but I’m not sure what they bring back.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 8:32 AM, Jack Reacher said:

I would imagine Glen Rose will have something to say about that, but I’m not sure what they bring back.

its definitely glen rose's to lose

Edited by dogs3505
I suck at spelling

glen rose has been pretty dominant for a while, godley kept it close with them last year, glen rose will be favored to win district,  benbrook, hillsboro and dunbar probably fight for 3rd and 4th, venus will struggle

• Thanks 1