Jump to content

Paris and Paris North Lamar. Revolving door of coaches.


Recommended Posts

Does anyone have any insight on what is going on at Paris and Paris North Lamar?

Paris has had coaches who have been there for years leave in the last few weeks. I’ve heard many others want out. They have posted quite a few coaching jobs in the last few months.

Paris North Lamar has the head football, OC, and DC leave and they have posted atleast 3 or 4 more jobs just relating to football. They have also posted a few jobs on the girls side.

It can’t just be a money thing. Paris Chisum pays state minimum and their stipends can’t be more than Paris and NL. There is rarely any turnover there and when there is the jobs get filled relatively quick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve heard that the teaching side of things isn’t very good at NL. A lot of micromanagement. It’s a shame too that we are running off coaches when we have had some minor success by NL standards. I have heard that we are running a spread offense and kids are excited and coming out, so hopefully we can get a full staff and take advantage of the young athletes we have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As an outside observer that's saw both teams last few years here's my take.  Unless things have changed recently, the problem at North Lamar is that the football coach is not the AD.  The problem at Paris is that the football coach is the AD. No problem at chewing coaches out on sideline during the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, flanker said:

As an outside observer that's saw both teams last few years here's my take.  Unless things have changed recently, the problem at North Lamar is that the football coach is not the AD.  The problem at Paris is that the football coach is the AD. No problem at chewing coaches out on sideline during the game.

Things haven’t changed. AD isn’t head football at NL. The AD doesn’t coach

Edited by LamarCounty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coaches don’t want to stay at Paris because it’s no fun getting cussed out in front of the kids. Also, when you have 3rd or 4th seed talent, but schedule a non district schedule of a team who is gearing up for a state run, you lose more than you win… Why try to play North Lamar or Bonham and build some confidence when you can play PG and Gilmer and lose

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, LamarCounty said:

Offensive Coordinator at Pittsburg

Dang. It’s a dumpster fire over there. Must be real bad at NL then. Poor guy. Thought he was doing a great job there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DogEatDog said:

I CAN’T imagine why a coach would ever leave North Lamar…..

I’m proud to be a North Lamar graduate, but if athletics keep getting looked down on by upper admin we’re going to lose more and more kids. Why go to North Lamar where the people in power show no support to athletics when you can go to Prairieland, Chisum, or Paris where they invest in their athletic facilities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WillieDaWildcat said:

Coaches don’t want to stay at Paris because it’s no fun getting cussed out in front of the kids. Also, when you have 3rd or 4th seed talent, but schedule a non district schedule of a team who is gearing up for a state run, you lose more than you win… Why try to play North Lamar or Bonham and build some confidence when you can play PG and Gilmer and lose

Usually it is the other way around, kids cussing the coaches out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, LamarCounty said:

Does anyone have any insight on what is going on at Paris and Paris North Lamar?

Paris has had coaches who have been there for years leave in the last few weeks. I’ve heard many others want out. They have posted quite a few coaching jobs in the last few months.

Paris North Lamar has the head football, OC, and DC leave and they have posted atleast 3 or 4 more jobs just relating to football. They have also posted a few jobs on the girls side.

It can’t just be a money thing. Paris Chisum pays state minimum and their stipends can’t be more than Paris and NL. There is rarely any turnover there and when there is the jobs get filled relatively quick.

Money is definitely a factor. Paris schools are among the lowest pay in the state. If the pay is terrible everything else will be amplified. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NL_Panther69 said:

I’m proud to be a North Lamar graduate, but if athletics keep getting looked down on by upper admin we’re going to lose more and more kids. Why go to North Lamar where the people in power show no support to athletics when you can go to Prairieland, Chisum, or Paris where they invest in their athletic facilities.

Must be bad. All 3 of those choices are terrible. Especially the first 2. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, NL_Panther69 said:

Not true

Come on man. There’s a little bit of truth to that. That program is terrible. I can see accepting less pay if you were going to be apart of a winning program, to to make less money and know you’re going to stink makes me believe you can’t really coach elsewhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SmokedOut said:

Come on man. There’s a little bit of truth to that. That program is terrible. I can see accepting less pay if you were going to be apart of a winning program, to to make less money and know you’re going to stink makes me believe you can’t really coach elsewhere. 

That’s a bad argument. Say you are a coach who is from this area or moved to this area for family purposes. What would be the “good” school to work for? Paris, NL, Prairiland, and Chisum are your options. You could go east a bit and work at Detroit or Clarksville. West and work at Bonham or Honey Grove who is having some success now but isn’t a powerhouse. Where would the “good” coaches work at in your opinion?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, WillieDaWildcat said:

They don’t have coaches who are good enough to get jobs at better schools

There is a teacher and coach shortage in Texas. Any coach who is half decent can find a good job if they are willing to uproot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, LamarCounty said:

That’s a bad argument. Say you are a coach who is from this area or moved to this area for family purposes. What would be the “good” school to work for? Paris, NL, Prairiland, and Chisum are your options. You could go east a bit and work at Detroit or Clarksville. West and work at Bonham or Honey Grove who is having some success now but isn’t a powerhouse. Where would the “good” coaches work at in your opinion?

You’re right. Since you pointed it out. The state of football is in bad shape in this area of Texas. I see no good exceptions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...