Jump to content

California superintendent fired after allegedly threatening to punish students who didn’t clap for her daughter


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Read that last week. She definitely abused her power and should have been gone, as she made threats. 

Do you think the civil suit that the student has brought against her has merit? The Superintendent claims she never threatened anyone. The school board obviously thought otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

Do you think the civil suit that the student has brought against her has merit? The Superintendent claims she never threatened anyone. The school board obviously thought otherwise.

From what I read, she basically stripped one girl of all ability to participate in anything, and that to me could bring the need for compensation. That could be impactful on that girl's whole future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

From what I read, she basically stripped one girl of all ability to participate in anything, and that to me could bring the need for compensation. That could be impactful on that girl's whole future. 

My question is why the superintendent did this in the first place. Was she just a Karen? The other pitcher seemed to think that there was no rivalry between her and the Superintendent's daughter. The complaint states that apparently the Superintendent thought that there was (at least in her mind).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

My question is why the superintendent did this in the first place. Was she just a Karen? The other pitcher seemed to think that there was no rivalry between her and the Superintendent's daughter. The complaint states that apparently the Superintendent thought that there was (at least in her mind).

What it sounded like to me. Trust me on this, 'dance moms' and 'cheerleading moms' have nothing on 'softball moms' when it comes to overprotectiveness and overbearing nature. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

What it sounded like to me. Trust me on this, 'dance moms' and 'cheerleading moms' have nothing on 'softball moms' when it comes to overprotectiveness and overbearing nature. 

Hopefully not in a "someone hiding behind the bushes with a crowbar trying to whack a player's knee" kind of way...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

Hopefully not in a "someone hiding behind the bushes with a crowbar trying to whack a player's knee" kind of way...

Maybe not...more like 'I'm going to sue you and get your job and my daughter is the best in the world you idiot' kind of way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

What it sounded like to me. Trust me on this, 'dance moms' and 'cheerleading moms' have nothing on 'softball moms' when it comes to overprotectiveness and overbearing nature. 

Tell me about it.  The select baseball moms are scary crazy.  They are like Bridezilla meets Karen x100

  • LOL! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Read that last week. She definitely abused her power and should have been gone, as she made threats. 

Agreed had to have some validity if the board recommended termination. I imagine hundreds ( have no idea the #) of witnesses. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

My question is why the superintendent did this in the first place. Was she just a Karen? The other pitcher seemed to think that there was no rivalry between her and the Superintendent's daughter. The complaint states that apparently the Superintendent thought that there was (at least in her mind).

Some folks think they can’t be touched. Superiority complex even if it real or in their head, of course there is always I am stupid factor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...