The emperor doesn't believe the peasants are upset at him.

So, the BEE has 'comedians' and the NOT THE BEE has caustic jackasses who regurgitate every single conspiracy theory and carry water for every 'conservative' cause? Wonder if they all get together for cookouts where they practice being 'funny' and 'wise' about politics. 

• LOL! 1
  • SMH 1

6 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

So, the BEE has 'comedians' and the NOT THE BEE has caustic jackasses who regurgitate every single conspiracy theory and carry water for every 'conservative' cause? Wonder if they all get together for cookouts where they practice being 'funny' and 'wise' about politics. 

Did I hit a nerve or something?

And you've put laughing emojis on some of those Bee articles. I've seen you do it.

7 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Did I hit a nerve or something?

And you've put laughing emojis on some of those Bee articles. I've seen you do it.

Yeah, I stopped that a long time ago, once they showed their overwhelming bias. 

Just now, BarryLaverty said:

Yet you post biased news stories a lot yourself. You say you're open to other opinions, but then your posts on here say otherwise. Interesting.

Aside from that (and apparently you didn't LEARN this), the article to the story that they're talking about is within the Not The Bee article itself. You just chose not to look.

So here, from left-center Axios:

https://www.axios.com/2024/05/14/biden-polls-denial-trump-2024-election

image.png

Class dismissed, Barry.

12 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Just because you’re triggered doesn’t necessarily mean they’re not funny. I know your TDS is bad but reality is way worse than your perception. 

12 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

You just described all of media as Democrat propaganda. 

4 hours ago, Lion7000 said:

Just because you’re triggered doesn’t necessarily mean they’re not funny. I know your TDS is bad but reality is way worse than your perception. 

I'm not quite sure he understands what satire is or what it can be used for.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

I'm not quite sure he understands what satire is or what it can be used for.

They've no sense of humor whatsoever where politics is concerned.  They take everything literally.  It's quite boring and sad, really.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

They've no sense of humor whatsoever where politics is concerned.  They take everything literally.  It's quite boring and sad, really.

Sometimes it's almost a little too easy with politics, though. I mean, that's why I've used the "train wreck" gif and "Yackety Sax" for debates and the State of the Union for so long.

And made comparisons (that they don't also seem to understand) with wrestling and card tricks.

Edited by Monte1076
  • LOL! 1

56 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Sometimes it's almost a little too easy with politics, though. I mean, that's why I've used the "train wreck" gif and "Yackety Sax" for debates and the State of the Union for so long.

And made comparisons (that they don't also seem to understand) with wrestling and card tricks.

Yes, yes, you are sooooooooooooooooooooo wise and inscrutable. Give me a break. :rofl:

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Yes, yes, you are sooooooooooooooooooooo wise and inscrutable. Give me a break. :rofl:

I can't help it you can't see it. And I can't believe I have to teach you yet again.

Since you're so pro education and pro listening to the opinions of others (unless you didn't actually mean it), Perhaps you should read up on what Kayfabe is (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayfabe), read up a little on your wrestling jargon (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_professional_wrestling_terms) and read this:

https://www.bbc.com/news/education-56352500

And THEN try to refute what I'm saying.

Shoot...I'll even help you...here's some wrestling terms...

angle
A fictional storyline. An angle usually begins when one wrestler attacks another (physically or verbally), which results in revenge.[3] An angle may be as small as a single match or a vendetta that lasts for years. It is not uncommon to see an angle become retconned due to it not getting over with the fans, or if one of the wrestlers currently involved in the angle is fired.

burial
Also bury and buried.

The worked lowering (relegation) of a wrestler's status in the eyes of the fans. The opposite of a push, it is the act of a promoter or booker causing a wrestler to lose popularity, momentum and/or credibility, or damaging their gimmick through means such as forcing them to lose in squash matches, losing continuously, allowing opponents to no-sell or kick out of said wrestler's finisher, or forcing them to participate in unentertaining or degrading storylines, or not using them at all. A burial is often used a form of punishment due to real-life backstage disagreements between the wrestler and the booker, the wrestler falling out of favor with the company, or sometimes to demote an unpopular performer or gimmick.

carry
The act of one wrestler guiding a typically less experienced or skilled performer through a match. A "carry job" refers to a match or angle in which a particularly skilled performer is able to make an inferior wrestler look good or is perceived to be doing all the work.

cheap heat
The incitement of a negative crowd reaction by insulting the crowd en-masse, typically by bringing up something unrelated to the wrestling business (such as mocking a local town or sports team), usually used in a negative light. Foreign heel wrestlers, like Iron Sheik, often get this by insulting whatever country they're performing in.

cheap pop
The incitement of a positive crowd reaction by "kissing up" to the crowd. Mick Foley would often do this by saying "It's great to be here in (insert name of city and state)!" While The Rock would begin many promos by saying “Finally, The Rock has come back to (insert name of city or state)!”, heels often follow the same principle, but in reverse to get booed.

face
Also babyface, or técnico (Mexico).

A wrestler who is heroic, who is booked to be cheered by fans.[1] Heels are the opposite of faces and faces commonly perform against heels.

gimmick
Also persona.

1.  The character portrayed by a wrestler. Can be used to refer specifically to the motif or theme evoked by a character, as indicated by their name, costume or other paraphernalia, or to refer to any aspect of the worked presentation, sometimes negatively.

going into business for him/herself
When a wrestler starts working for their own benefit rather than the mutual benefit of themselves and their opponents or partners, typically by refusing to sell or by saying something not agreed to in a promo. A type of shoot.

heel
Also rudo (Mexico).

A wrestler who is villainous, who is booked to be booed by fans.[1] Faces are the opposite of heels, and heels commonly perform against faces.

kayfabe
The presentation of professional wrestling as being entirely legitimate or unscripted. Prior to the mid-1980s, this was universally maintained across all wrestling territories and promotions.

mark
1.  A wrestling fan who enthusiastically believes or behaves as though they believe professional wrestling is not staged, or loses sight of the staged nature of the business while supporting their favorite wrestlers. The term is often used pejoratively, for example to refer to people who have little or no knowledge about the business, which to an insider can refer to all wrestling fans.
2.  Used by some industry insiders to describe a participant in the wrestling industry whom they think believes that any worked aspect of the industry is more important than the money they can earn; for example, being preoccupied with holding a title belt rather than being paid more will often see a wrestler described as a "mark for him/herself."

over
Achieving the desired crowd reaction, with the audience buying into a performer or gimmick.[1] Faces who are over will be cheered, and heels who are over will be booed. Sometimes particular aspects of a performer's presentation may be over (such as a specific chant, a move they perform or their ring entrance) without the performer themselves being considered over. Building a rapport with the audience is described as "getting over".

plant
A wrestler, stagehand, or paid actor who poses as a fan, usually seated in the front row of an event. Plants are often victimized or attacked by heel wrestlers in order to gain heat, or are used to participate in matches or storylines after being "randomly selected" from the crowd. Notable examples of plants were the WWE debut of Santino Marella, who won the Intercontinental Championship after being picked out of the crowd, or at WrestleMania 34 when Braun Strowman picked a 10-year-old boy named Nicholas (the son of referee John Cone) out of the crowd to be his tag team partner. (They would defeat Cesaro and Sheamus to win the Raw Tag Team Championship).

pop
A cheer or positive reaction from the crowd.

promo

An in-character interview or monologue. Often includes either an in-ring or backstage interview or some other type of skit by wrestlers and other performers to advance a storyline or feud. The act of performing a promo is referred to as "cutting", as in "cutting a promo". When the promo is aimed at a specific opponent (which can be an individual, tag team, stable, or faction), it is said to be cut "on" the target. A promo is an essential part of any wrestling show and is named as such as it is meant to "promote" an upcoming show or a future segment on the current show.

push
The worked rising of a wrestler's status in the eyes of the fans.

put over
The act of one wrestler helping to boost the status of another, most often by losing a match or by selling their opponent as a credible threat.

sell
To react to something in a way which makes it appear believable and legitimate to the audience. Typically refers to the physical action by a wrestler of making an opponent's moves look impactful, but it can be used to refer to any aspect of the worked presentation, notably including commentator reactions. Compare no-sell and over-sell.

tweener
A morally ambiguous wrestler who is neither a face nor heel (an in-betweener), also sometimes describes a heel who is usually cheered or a face who is usually jeered, especially when two faces or two heels face each other. 

work
1.  (noun): Anything planned to happen, or a "rationalized lie". The opposite of shoot.
2.  (verb): To methodically attack a single body part over the course of a match or an entire angle, setting up an appropriate finisher.
3.  (verb): To deceive or manipulate an audience in order to elicit a desired response.

worked shoot
The phenomenon of a wrestler seemingly going "off script", often revealing elements of out-of-universe reality, but actually doing so as a fully planned part of the show. A notable example of a worked shoot is CM Punk's pipebomb promo on the June 27, 2011, episode of Monday Night Raw.

Edited by Monte1076