If two "protected classes" have a conflict, who "wins"?

8 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

.....and an African-American conservative........

A ton African Americans are conservative. They just differ on race relations and yall think that means 100% liberal for some odd reason. I dislike black conservatives who know dang well there's an issue but they pander to white conservatives. There are also a lot of scammers out there because white conservatives are the easiest group to manipulate. Just look at American history. 

15 minutes ago, SmokedOut said:

Nope. Not going to argue the fact that probably in the past you could say that, but not into days world. The most hated person is a heterosexual white male. 

Most hated and most protected are 2 different things. You can be protected and hated. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

There are also a lot of scammers out there because white conservatives are the easiest group to manipulate.

Maybe. But I'd say White Liberals are fairly easy to manipulate, too. Just ask "Reverend" Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

Edited by Monte1076

29 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

A ton African Americans are conservative. They just differ on race relations and yall think that means 100% liberal for some odd reason. I dislike black conservatives who know dang well there's an issue but they pander to white conservatives. There are also a lot of scammers out there because white conservatives are the easiest group to manipulate. Just look at American history. 

Malcolm X once said the most dangerous individual in the Western Hemisphere was the white liberal. 

11 minutes ago, SmokedOut said:

Malcolm X once said the most dangerous individual in the Western Hemisphere was the white liberal. 

Have you looked at the whole quote? Here's some additional info.

“The white conservatives aren't friends of the Negro either, but they at least don't try to hide it. "

21 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Maybe. But I'd say White Liberals are fairly easy to manipulate, too. Just ask "Reverend" Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

Name one thing that either of these two have changed. What white liberals have they manipulated? Has any black person you've ever known said, "i'm a follower of Jesse and Al"?

16 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Name one thing that either of these two have changed. What white liberals have they manipulated? Has any black person you've ever known said, "i'm a follower of Jesse and Al"?

Beats me. They certainly act like they have pull though, don't they?

35 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Have you looked at the whole quote? Here's some additional info.

“The white conservatives aren't friends of the Negro either, but they at least don't try to hide it. "

But he didn’t call them the most dangerous thing in the Western Hemisphere either. 

The black community are more conservative on social issues. I’ve never understood how Democrats have that group in a chokehold. 

3 minutes ago, SmokedOut said:

But he didn’t call them the most dangerous thing in the Western Hemisphere either. 

The black community are more conservative on social issues. I’ve never understood how Democrats have that group in a chokehold. 

Maybe 'conservatives' would do better if they cared more about funding public schools, addressing health care and health insurance needs, focusing on working conditions and salaries and benefits that are livable, and not have overt and subtle racists among them who seek to diminish the study of African American history and didn't endlessly attack initiatives that were put into place to help with continued inequities in our society and culture and economy. Just my take on it...

22 minutes ago, SmokedOut said:

This is basically the skinniest fat girl argument. Also, one black person doesn't speak for the whole. I do agree with him about racist. I like my loud and proud. I'm curious about the strangle hold conservatives have in poor whites. Conservatives don't even like them. They're just a tool. Just like the other side to black people. Seems to me, nobody has a side. I have zero political affiliation. You will never see me saying u should follow ANY politician.  WE THE PEOPLE AND BY PEOPLE, I MEAN ALL!

15 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

This is basically the skinniest fat girl argument. Also, one black person doesn't speak for the whole. I do agree with him about racist. I like my loud and proud. I'm curious about the strangle hold conservatives have in poor whites. Conservatives don't even like them. They're just a tool. Just like the other side to black people. Seems to me, nobody has a side. I have zero political affiliation. You will never see me saying u should follow ANY politician.  WE THE PEOPLE AND BY PEOPLE, I MEAN ALL!

Safe to say you’re a libertarian then? Both parties take advantage of the middle class/poor. Dems have gotten so far into left field I just can’t take them seriously on anything. 

24 minutes ago, SmokedOut said:

Safe to say you’re a libertarian then? Both parties take advantage of the middle class/poor. Dems have gotten so far into left field I just can’t take them seriously on anything. 

Both are in left field. As for the libertarian party. Don't believe in all they believe in. 

On 5/17/2024 at 2:26 PM, BarryLaverty said:

Maybe 'conservatives' would do better if they cared more about funding public schools, addressing health care and health insurance needs, focusing on working conditions and salaries and benefits that are livable, and not have overt and subtle racists among them who seek to diminish the study of African American history and didn't endlessly attack initiatives that were put into place to help with continued inequities in our society and culture and economy. Just my take on it...

Underfunded schools only affect the black community?  Around here we go to the same school.  

Health care and health insurance is only a black issue?

What working conditions do you speak of?

Does the government set salaries?  Oh you mean inflation causing minimum wage increases.

Diminish the study of African American history?  That's a bold faced lie.  There's a lot of history of all kinds that is left out.  There's only so many days of school.  I'm sure there's more that could be taught, but it also has to be historically accurate and factual, not some made up BS that is really about denigrating others.

Please name the continued inequities in our society and culture and economy....especially the culture part.