Billionaires And Abbott Setting Out To Destroy Public Schools

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

He said he wanted no taxes.  Vouchers gives their tax money back to them to spend on either a public, private, or charter school.  I don't believe in charters after the 5th grade since I found out that a "teacher" there doesn't have to be certified and can teach with only an Associates Degree.  I actually don't have a problem with that if they are teaching 5th grade level or lower, because even a high school graduate could teach those classes.  Above that I think they need more knowledge on the subject matter they are teaching.  

Vouchers DO NOT give you your tax dollars back. You might think so, but every private school in Texas is raising their prices by the amount that Abbott wants to give away, and then he'll give more to purchase more votes. 

Vouchers are a worthless social program, and It will do NOTHING to help our property taxes, that will continue to rise at the maximum rate because public schools will have to make up for lost dollars because of vouchers, and do nothing state legislature that has had over 30 years to fix the broken system. 

And all you conservative marxists continue to follow like sheep on this subject, when it has been posted time and again it is worthless. Plus, how many people really pay $8K in taxes each year. My property taxes are around $4k, and unless I make a huge purchase during the year, like a car or boat, you'd have to spend just at $5K to make it to $8K......

And since Gas has a separate tax, that is a lot of taxable stuff you are purchasing to get YOUR tax money back......So continue to believe the conservative marxists.........Because they want the same power as Uncle Joe and the demos...

Just now, DannyZuco said:

And By the Way......I have been called a lot worse, by a lot better........:neener:

Son, you are so far out in right field on this you couldn't find your way back to the dugout .... :woot:

12 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Son, you are so far out in right field on this you couldn't find your way back to the dugout .... :woot:

At least I am young enough to know there is still a dugout........:rofl:

15 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

That is my philosophy 👍

Our government is proof of that as well. Not only do they frequently argue about things of which they know nothing, they pass legislation based on that same knowledge.

22 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

You're so clueless. I mean, that's jaw dropping dumb. 🙄

Those classes are so easy that anyone could teach them.  The only class they couldn't teach is music, but if they had at least 4 years of piano music they could.  In the 5th grade my Math teacher allowed us to learn at our own pace.  Susan Skelton, Grant Holliday, and I finished three months before the school year ended, and we tutored our classmates to finish.  Once the entire class was finished we took the year end test.  All of us passed, and our class was basically a home room for the last three weeks of school.  I could even name the teacher, but I would assume she's dead now, being that she was in her 60's in 1979.  I wouldn't say for anything higher than 7th grade though.  Heck in Houston they were having students self teach themselves in Physics, because they couldn't find qualified teachers.  It's another reason that Mike Miles was brought in not just because of one school.    Houston ISD students left to teach their classmates amid hiring freeze (houstonchronicle.com)

• SMH 1

On 5/23/2024 at 8:15 PM, DannyZuco said:

Vouchers DO NOT give you your tax dollars back. You might think so, but every private school in Texas is raising their prices by the amount that Abbott wants to give away, and then he'll give more to purchase more votes. 

Vouchers are a worthless social program, and It will do NOTHING to help our property taxes, that will continue to rise at the maximum rate because public schools will have to make up for lost dollars because of vouchers, and do nothing state legislature that has had over 30 years to fix the broken system. 

And all you conservative marxists continue to follow like sheep on this subject, when it has been posted time and again it is worthless. Plus, how many people really pay $8K in taxes each year. My property taxes are around $4k, and unless I make a huge purchase during the year, like a car or boat, you'd have to spend just at $5K to make it to $8K......

And since Gas has a separate tax, that is a lot of taxable stuff you are purchasing to get YOUR tax money back......So continue to believe the conservative marxists.........Because they want the same power as Uncle Joe and the demos...

Nothing gives those with no children their property taxes back, and many other additional costs that many counties have added to the property tax including Junior Colleges and hospitals.  It only offers people a choice to where they want to educate their children.  The system is broken within and by the Government itself.  You, Barry, and Pepe may think you're all doing a fabulous job at teaching, but there are millions of other teachers that aren't doing so.  That has been proven.  I saw it even when I was in school with numerous teachers throughout my years in school that wanted to turn the classroom into a happy fun time, just so they could get through their day.  

• Roll Eyes 1

On 5/22/2024 at 5:13 PM, DAWG91 said:

my mother in law is retired teacher and I could swear she was in union, but hey, apparently I'm mistaken.  It happens.😃

It's aka the Texas Teachers Association.  While it's not a union per se, it does somewhat act as one.  Anyone that says that they don't is wrong.  

9 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

It's aka the Texas Teachers Association.  While it's not a union per se, it does somewhat act as one.  Anyone that says that they don't is wrong.  

You are wrong again.....there are NUMEROUS organizations that lobby in Austin and provide legal aid and professional insurance.....I was a member of ATPE.....there is no teacher's union in Texas.....

10 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Nothing gives those with no children their property taxes back, and many other additional costs that many counties have added to the property tax including Junior Colleges and hospitals.  It only offers people a choice to where they want to educate their children.  The system is broken within and by the Government itself.  You, Barry, and Pepe may think you're all doing a fabulous job at teaching, but there are millions of other teachers that aren't doing so.  That has been proven.  I saw it even when I was in school with numerous teachers throughout my years in school that wanted to turn the classroom into a happy fun time, just so they could get through their day.  

Such a pompous bunch of nonsense, Colin Robinson. How is it you aren't working at NASA? 

wwdits_205_0066r.jpg

10 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

It only offers people a choice to where they want to educate their children.  

What student in Texas does NOT have a choice in where they are educated? Please, like the many others, enlighten me about this. I'd love to know. 

4 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Such a pompous bunch of nonsense, Colin Robinson. How is it you aren't working at NASA? 

wwdits_205_0066r.jpg

Why would anyone do that now that SpaceX exists?  NASA is more preoccupied with DEI than actual space exploration.  They do good to just get a rocket off the launch pad these days.

• Roll Eyes 1

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

Huh, I was a part of a union? What am I missing? 

Not in Texas.....there are associations that provide legal aid and professional insurance that also lobby for education.....you can be in one or not........I was in ATPE.....which one were you in??

2 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Not in Texas.....there are associations that provide legal aid and professional insurance that also lobby for education.....you can be in one or not........I was in ATPE.....which one were you in??

OH ok. I thought they were a Texas union. I was with AFT. 

• Like 1