2. Commerce

3. Winnsboro

4. Mount Vernon

District 8

1. LE

2. Jefferson

3. Sabine

4. Tatum

I think you are right in the top half of district 5. 

GV should be able to win that district and possibly make the regional finals in the top bracket. 3-5 will be any order with GB, Mexia, and Whitney. If GB gets some toughness to them and stays healthy, they could be a team to look out for. 

GV

West

GB/Mexia

Mexia/GB

District 6 I'd put Pottsboro in the 3-5 spot. They really didn't have much after losing McBride. I'm not saying Maypearl is gonna be world beaters here but Maypearl seemed to be better last season and had some toughness to them when we played them in the first round last season. Again I think 3-5 spots will be up for grabs in district

Whitesboro

PP

Palmer 

Maypearl

District 7 2-4 spots could be anyone's to take. I did have MV at the 2 spot until I heard the qb transfer to another school. I think it could be winny, commerce/MV in either spot

Koff

Winny

Commerce/MV

MV/Commerce 

District 8

This is up for any spot but if I had to pick

It would be 

LE/Jeffy

Jeffy/LE

GW

Tatum 

Could see Sabine get the 4th spot

There is no way in heck that Pilot Point will be ahead of Pottsboro.   The Cardinals lost a good senior class but have plenty enough to even challenge Whitesboro for the top spot.   Pilot Point has nothing to work with right now. 

5 hours ago, GraysonFan said:

There is no way in heck that Pilot Point will be ahead of Pottsboro.   The Cardinals lost a good senior class but have plenty enough to even challenge Whitesboro for the top spot.   Pilot Point has nothing to work with right now. 

Time will tell but Potts doesn't have much on offense. Return both qbs they switched back and forth from. Main receivers are gone and main rb is gone. They'll be in a rebuild year as I didn't see anyone that would take over for Potts.

Jefferson was the undefeated district champion just 2 seasons ago and return a lot of good players.  It depends on how the new coaching staff works out as to the playoff positioning, but I can't see them missing out.  Sabine has to beat Tatum before I believe they are a top 3 team.  LE is an unknown entity to me.  I hear about the talent, but haven't seen them play in person.  I assume they are going to be the odds on favorites, but I don't see much change in the placement of the rest of the teams.

6 hours ago, neveragain said:

Jefferson was the undefeated district champion just 2 seasons ago and return a lot of good players.  It depends on how the new coaching staff works out as to the playoff positioning, but I can't see them missing out.  Sabine has to beat Tatum before I believe they are a top 3 team.  LE is an unknown entity to me.  I hear about the talent, but haven't seen them play in person.  I assume they are going to be the odds on favorites, but I don't see much change in the placement of the rest of the teams.

Not sure anyone realizes how young GW was last year. The majority of the team was comprised of sophomores. We also had a very good JV team. Brighter days ahead for the Bears. 

2 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Not sure anyone realizes how young GW was last year. The majority of the team was comprised of sophomores. We also had a very good JV team. Brighter days ahead for the Bears. 

You would think, but defending 90% dives shouldn’t be difficult. 😂

On 5/30/2024 at 8:25 AM, neveragain said:

Wasn’t that long ago that Sabine beat Tatum in back to back seasons. 

On 5/30/2024 at 3:32 PM, Valhalla said:

I guess Atlanta is going to be down next year?

I dont think it would be because of talent, they should have some outstanding players returning

4 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Note: Tatum fans didn’t say we would be young. 

😂😂😂

4 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Note: Tatum fans didn’t say we would be young. 

😂😂😂

It’s just assumed at this point. Tatum doesn’t even let seniors play football anymore so they can be forever young. 

On 6/1/2024 at 4:19 PM, RunTheRock said:

Gonna be young and graduating QB is a major loss. 

We gonna be cupcakes. Just turrible. Heard we can't even put our pads on right. Linemen weigh a buck 40. FBs about the same. Tallest WR is 5'6. Just turrible. 

On 6/1/2024 at 8:32 AM, SmokedOut said:

Why’s everyone down on Tatum? Did they lose everyone? 

Errrybody.....Lil dude that runs out to grab the T after kickoffs is even gone. 

16 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Errrybody.....Lil dude that runs out to grab the T after kickoffs is even gone. 

Did the coach schedule accordingly. No need for a gauntlet if you’re rebuilding. Go into district with some confidence. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, SmokedOut said:

Did the coach schedule accordingly. No need for a gauntlet if you’re rebuilding. Go into district with some confidence. 

Accordingly? Well let’s see, from what I’ve been told our pre District is …

Winnsboro 

Daingerfield

Newton

West Rusk

Edited by Tatum_DirtyBird