Florida Will Allow HS Student/Athletes To Have NIL

5 hours ago, MattStepp said:

The UIL can't follow suit even if they wanted to right now

Too quick to do it for this season I’m sure, but I was speaking more to the future. In my opinion NIL is a terrible idea for high school athletes and one that should never be entertained/considered.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Too quick to do it for this season I’m sure, but I was speaking more to the future. In my opinion NIL is a terrible idea for high school athletes and one that should never be entertained/considered.

Well the main reason the UIL can't do it is because its against the law in TX, the state legislature would have to change the laws and then the UIL would have to consider allowing it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Well the main reason the UIL can't do it is because its against the law in TX, the state legislature would have to change the laws and then the UIL would have to consider allowing it

Good info. Thanks for sharing!

So I guess what I should say is that I hope the legislature does not change the laws to allow the UIL to implement NIL in Texas! 😂

They (Florida HS Athletic Assoc.) changed the “bylaws” in Florida which I’m sure was a huge deal, but if it didn’t involve the Florida legislature then not as big a hurdle for them to make happen. To each his own, but I had just rather see high school kids being that….KIDS playing and enjoying the game of football without the interference and distraction of who is making what for advertising this and such product. At this level it’s definitely A GAME. Let’s not muddy the proverbial waters with that added headache/diversion.