Beloved Kids Content Creator Ms. Rachel Scorned and Attacked for Being Inclusive

Another proud moment for the bigots to crow over, sneering at an inclusive lady who dared to be welcoming. Beginning to think that Matt Walsh should declare himself the winner of the world's biggest jackass contest. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ms-rachel-reacts-backlash-posting-071735103.htmlMs. Rachel reacts to backlash after posting video celebrating Pride Month

Ariana Brockington
Updated ·3 min read

Kids content creator Ms. Rachel is speaking out after she received some criticism for her post celebrating Pride Month.

The social media star, whose real name is Rachel Griffin Accurso, has amassed a following on YouTube and other platforms over the years thanks to her catchy songs that kids love and educational videos.

In honor of Pride Month, which began June 1, Ms. Rachel, a former preschool teacher, shared a video wishing all her viewers a happy Pride.

“Happy pride to all our wonderful families and friends. This month and every month I celebrate you. I’m so glad you’re here. I’m so glad you’re exactly who you are,” Accurso said on Instagram.

She continued, “To those who are going to comment they can’t watch the show anymore because of this support, no worries and much love your way. God bless. I am not chasing fame or views. I’m standing strong in love.”

In the caption, Accurso wrote, “Love you!” and included a rainbow emoji. She also uploaded the same clip to her TikTok page.

Many fans applauded the former teacher for her inclusive message.

“Ms. Rachel took a risk posting this, and I’m so glad she did,” one said.

Another wrote, “How rare to see someone who actually stands behind their brand when it’s not easy.”

But some users filled the comments with critical messages and said they no longer supported her.

“Unfollow. Super shameful,” one Instagram user said.

“Goodbye! Never will you be on my TV again,” another commented.

A few conservative pundits also chimed in on the backlash, including Daily Wire host Matt Walsh.

He shared Accurso’s post on X and said, “Ms. Rachel is an extremely popular YouTuber who makes content for babies and toddlers. She just posted a video celebrating Pride Month. This is a message to conservatives parents. She doesn’t want your business. You should respond accordingly.”

Ms. Rachel fans pushed back and defended her.

“Ms. Rachel is awesome,” one tweeted in response to Walsh. “She creates great content. Y’all are nuts.”

Despite the negative reaction from some viewers, Accurso continued to spread her message of love and acceptance on her social media pages.

On June 3, she posted a follow-up video explaining her beliefs.

“I’ve shared prayers on here before and said, ‘God bless,’ and that’s because my faith is really important to me. And it’s also one reason why I love every neighbor,” she began.

She went on to sum up Matthew 22 in the Bible, the parable of the wedding feast in which Jesus is asked about the great commandment.

“I believe it’s mentioned eight times — ‘love your neighbor,’” Accurso said. “So yes, everyone belongs. Everyone’s welcome. Everyone is treated with empathy and respect. It doesn’t say, ‘Love every neighbor except.’”

The social media star added, “There are so many reasons I stand strong in love. I stand with everyone. That’s who I am and the love back and the ‘God bless’ if you disagree is genuine.”

She also stood firm in her message in a statement sent to NBC News. Accurso revealed that she has received emails from former fans claiming they “couldn’t watch anymore due to (her) support of the LGBTQ+ community.”

The content creator said she “responded to that with love which was genuine.”

“We have met so many wonderful families who watch the show, all with different beliefs, religions and political views,” she told NBC News in an email on June 3. “We treat everyone with empathy and respect. I think it’s important to find common ground, and we all want what’s best for our little ones. I believe there should be less division and more dialogue.”

This is the second time in recent weeks Accurso has found herself embroiled in controversy. In mid-May, Accurso said she’d been the target of online “bullying” after launching a fundraiser to help kids in war-torn areas, including the Gaza Strip.

This article was originally published on TODAY.com

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Another proud moment for the bigots to crow over, sneering at an inclusive lady who dared to be welcoming. Beginning to think that Matt Walsh should declare himself the winner of the world's biggest jackass contest. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ms-rachel-reacts-backlash-posting-071735103.htmlMs. Rachel reacts to backlash after posting video celebrating Pride Month

Ariana Brockington
Updated ·3 min read

Kids content creator Ms. Rachel is speaking out after she received some criticism for her post celebrating Pride Month.

The social media star, whose real name is Rachel Griffin Accurso, has amassed a following on YouTube and other platforms over the years thanks to her catchy songs that kids love and educational videos.

In honor of Pride Month, which began June 1, Ms. Rachel, a former preschool teacher, shared a video wishing all her viewers a happy Pride.

“Happy pride to all our wonderful families and friends. This month and every month I celebrate you. I’m so glad you’re here. I’m so glad you’re exactly who you are,” Accurso said on Instagram.

She continued, “To those who are going to comment they can’t watch the show anymore because of this support, no worries and much love your way. God bless. I am not chasing fame or views. I’m standing strong in love.”

In the caption, Accurso wrote, “Love you!” and included a rainbow emoji. She also uploaded the same clip to her TikTok page.

Many fans applauded the former teacher for her inclusive message.

“Ms. Rachel took a risk posting this, and I’m so glad she did,” one said.

Another wrote, “How rare to see someone who actually stands behind their brand when it’s not easy.”

But some users filled the comments with critical messages and said they no longer supported her.

“Unfollow. Super shameful,” one Instagram user said.

“Goodbye! Never will you be on my TV again,” another commented.

A few conservative pundits also chimed in on the backlash, including Daily Wire host Matt Walsh.

He shared Accurso’s post on X and said, “Ms. Rachel is an extremely popular YouTuber who makes content for babies and toddlers. She just posted a video celebrating Pride Month. This is a message to conservatives parents. She doesn’t want your business. You should respond accordingly.”

Ms. Rachel fans pushed back and defended her.

“Ms. Rachel is awesome,” one tweeted in response to Walsh. “She creates great content. Y’all are nuts.”

Despite the negative reaction from some viewers, Accurso continued to spread her message of love and acceptance on her social media pages.

On June 3, she posted a follow-up video explaining her beliefs.

“I’ve shared prayers on here before and said, ‘God bless,’ and that’s because my faith is really important to me. And it’s also one reason why I love every neighbor,” she began.

She went on to sum up Matthew 22 in the Bible, the parable of the wedding feast in which Jesus is asked about the great commandment.

“I believe it’s mentioned eight times — ‘love your neighbor,’” Accurso said. “So yes, everyone belongs. Everyone’s welcome. Everyone is treated with empathy and respect. It doesn’t say, ‘Love every neighbor except.’”

The social media star added, “There are so many reasons I stand strong in love. I stand with everyone. That’s who I am and the love back and the ‘God bless’ if you disagree is genuine.”

She also stood firm in her message in a statement sent to NBC News. Accurso revealed that she has received emails from former fans claiming they “couldn’t watch anymore due to (her) support of the LGBTQ+ community.”

The content creator said she “responded to that with love which was genuine.”

“We have met so many wonderful families who watch the show, all with different beliefs, religions and political views,” she told NBC News in an email on June 3. “We treat everyone with empathy and respect. I think it’s important to find common ground, and we all want what’s best for our little ones. I believe there should be less division and more dialogue.”

This is the second time in recent weeks Accurso has found herself embroiled in controversy. In mid-May, Accurso said she’d been the target of online “bullying” after launching a fundraiser to help kids in war-torn areas, including the Gaza Strip.

This article was originally published on TODAY.com

You are supposed to treat your neighbor well, but I love how some cherry pick the Bible. When Jesus spoke to the woman at the well, he showed mercy and love. He knew she was living in sin. She had several husbands in her life. She was shown mercy and love by the Son of God. When she left, did He say “you do you girl”? No. He told her to sin no more. Now we know that’s impossible but you can try. I’m not picking on homosexuals. They’re never mentioned alone. They’re followed by adulterers and fornicators. We don’t have a Cheaters Pride Parade or a Cheaters Pride Month. There’s still shame associated with it. Only reason I brought Jesus up was because she did. 

Edited by SmokedOut
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SmokedOut said:

You are supposed to treat your neighbor well, but I love how some cherry pick the Bible. When Jesus spoke to the woman at the well, he showed mercy and love. He knew she was living in sin. She had several husbands in her life. She was shown mercy and love by the Son of God. When she left, did He say “you do you girl”? No. He told her to sin no more. Now we know that’s impossible but you can try. I’m not picking homosexuals. They’re never mentioned alone. They’re followed by adulterers and fornicators. We don’t have a Cheaters Pride Parade or a Cheaters Pride Month. There’s still shame associated with it. Only reason I brought Jesus up was because she did. 

And you know Barry would lose his mind if there were "Straight Pride" parades and a "Straight Pride" month.

Not to mention, I don't think he believes that Democrats or the left can be bigots against anyone else.

That's why I asked the question in the thread the other day, "If two protected classes have a conflict, who wins?" And he never gave an answer.

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

And you know Barry would lose his mind if there were "Straight Pride" parades and a "Straight Pride" month.

Not to mention, I don't think he believes that Democrats or the left can be bigots against anyone else.

That's why I asked the question in the thread the other day, "If two protected classes have a conflict, who wins?" And he never gave an answer.

I believe their should be no pride month for any sexual orientation. Keep what you do in bed to yourself. I’m not gonna bend my wife over and show her the 50 states on some float at a straight pride parade. Horrible Bosses reference there fellas lol. 

2 minutes ago, SmokedOut said:

I believe their should be no pride month for any sexual orientation. Keep what you do in bed to yourself. I’m not gonna bend my wife over and show her the 50 states on some float at a straight pride parade. Horrible Bosses reference there fellas lol. 

And think about it...those parades are the "decency" that the Democrats talk about.

If the rest of us did that, we'd have cops waiting for us.

Just like with the whole thing over those books that they're all upset about that Republicans/Conservatives want removed from schools. Go to a park with a bunch of children and read that book out loud and see what happens.

11 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Of course not. They don't believe they can be racists either. The irony of it all, is they are the biggest bigots and racists of anyone. 

16 minutes ago, SmokedOut said:

You are supposed to treat your neighbor well, but I love how some cherry pick the Bible. When Jesus spoke to the woman at the well, he showed mercy and love. He knew she was living in sin. She had several husbands in her life. She was shown mercy and love by the Son of God. When she left, did He say “you do you girl”? No. He told her to sin no more. Now we know that’s impossible but you can try. I’m not picking on homosexuals. They’re never mentioned alone. They’re followed by adulterers and fornicators. We don’t have a Cheaters Pride Parade or a Cheaters Pride Month. There’s still shame associated with it. Only reason I brought Jesus up was because she did. 

Exactly. 

Let me add to this with this...

Sex is a good thing (in the confines of marriage). It is a natural thing, between a MAN and a WOMAN. There is an entire book of the bible based on the joys and pleasures of sex, Song of Solomon. HOWEVER, that does not mean I want my kids watching a movie full of sex. Does that make me a 'bigot' against sex? Of course not. It makes me a good and responsible parent. 

Me not wanting sin shoved down my throat, or my kids throats, does not make me a bigot. It makes me a man of God, and a good and responsible parent. 

Someone who cannot accept my beliefs because they think the bible is a farce, and constantly throws out insults because of my beliefs, in fact makes THEM a bigot. 

• Like 1

What is wrong with this creator is she is influencing children that it's okay to be gay or whatever.  Children are very impressionable.  There wasn't a reason to do this, because children aren't even concerned with sexual matters.  Sure they wonder where babies come from, and they're curious about the differences between boys and girls, but that's it.  Unless an adult was involved or had molested a child you won't read of children molesting other children.  This woman is opening a door for them to wonder what Pride is and the lifestyle of people that celebrate pride.  By doing this she is sexualizing children, when they should just be kids.  Of course Barry thinks she is doing an honorable thing, but she is causing harm with this announcement to her own fan base.  Shame on her.   

4 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Exactly. 

Let me add to this with this...

Sex is a good thing (in the confines of marriage). It is a natural thing, between a MAN and a WOMAN. There is an entire book of the bible based on the joys and pleasures of sex, Song of Solomon. HOWEVER, that does not mean I want my kids watching a movie full of sex. Does that make me a 'bigot' against sex? Of course not. It makes me a good and responsible parent. 

Me not wanting sin shoved down my throat, or my kids throats, does not make me a bigot. It makes me a man of God, and a good and responsible parent. 

Someone who cannot accept my beliefs because they think the bible is a farce, and constantly throws out insults because of my beliefs, in fact makes THEM a bigot. 

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

What is wrong with this creator is she is influencing children that it's okay to be gay or whatever.  Children are very impressionable.  There wasn't a reason to do this, because children aren't even concerned with sexual matters.  Sure they wonder where babies come from, and they're curious about the differences between boys and girls, but that's it.  Unless an adult was involved or had molested a child you won't read of children molesting other children.  This woman is opening a door for them to wonder what Pride is and the lifestyle of people that celebrate pride.  By doing this she is sexualizing children, when they should just be kids.  Of course Barry thinks she is doing an honorable thing, but she is causing harm with this announcement to her own fan base.  Shame on her.   

A two fer: the deeply cynical tactic of calling others bigots for your own bigotry AND the inference that teaching love and acceptance of others is about sex, which is a twisted and narrow gauge of the intended meaning. 

18 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

A two fer: the deeply cynical tactic of calling others bigots for your own bigotry AND the inference that teaching love and acceptance of others is about sex, which is a twisted and narrow gauge of the intended meaning. 

A two fer right back at you....

It was you that first called someone a bigot, in this post, so great job playing the game, 'what goes around comes around'. 

Secondly, I didn't say anything of the sort, that love and acceptance is about sex. No, THAT would be the message of the liberals...which, btw, I agree with you; it IS twisted. 

What I did, was use an everyday example to show that us not wanting all the alphabet nonsense forced onto us and our kids is for the very same reason we don't want something that IS natural shoved onto them either. Because it's inappropriate and goes against the very thing God stands for. 

Just because you aren't a Christian doesn't mean those of us that are, are meant to pander to your irrational way of thinking.  

• Like 1
  • SMH 1

All the LGBTQ is, is an umbrella for pedaphiles and molesters to hide under. We have literally legalized pedaphilia, without saying as much. And every liberal that supports it is either a part of it, or simply to stupid to recognize it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Just because you aren't a Christian doesn't mean those of us that are, are meant to pander to your irrational way of thinking.  

Your insight is very wrong about me. Your opinion is faulty as is your assertion that teaching our children to accept others is wrong and sad. 

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

Your insight is very wrong about me. Your opinion is faulty as is your assertion that teaching our children to accept others is wrong and sad. 

Which part is wrong? That you aren’t a Christian? No, that’s pretty clear. 

Teaching our children that they live in a sinful world, that Jesus died for those sins, and that the only way to have eternal life is by turning from that sin, and living for God is exactly what we are called to do, and how we are instructed to raise our children.

The problem with liberals, is you think that just because we teach against the sin, that we are hating the sinner. You are wrong. If that were true, it would make Jesus’ resurrection pointless. 

9 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Which part is wrong? That you aren’t a Christian? No, that’s pretty clear. 

Teaching our children that they live in a sinful world, that Jesus died for those sins, and that the only way to have eternal life is by turning from that sin, and living for God is exactly what we are called to do, and how we are instructed to raise our children.

The problem with liberals, is you think that just because we teach against the sin, that we are hating the sinner. You are wrong. If that were true, it would make Jesus’ resurrection pointless. 

This may shock you, but I see little difference in your words that would make you a better Christian than anyone else, including me. Now say something humble while coming across as arrogant instead. Your 'witness' is not convincing but is condescending. 

24 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

This may shock you, but I see little difference in your words that would make you a better Christian than anyone else, including me. Now say something humble while coming across as arrogant instead. Your 'witness' is not convincing but is condescending. 

I’m confused what words you saw that said I was better than anyone, including you. All I said is that you aren’t a Christian. This may come as a shock, but when a person chooses to remain in sin, and support a life of sin, that’s a generally a clear indication they aren’t a Christian. 

The Bible says in Matthew, ‘Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven, but those that do the will of my father…I will declare to them, away from me you evil doer, I never knew you.’

25 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I’m confused what words you saw that said I was better than anyone, including you. All I said is that you aren’t a Christian. This may come as a shock, but when a person chooses to remain in sin, and support a life of sin, that’s a generally a clear indication they aren’t a Christian. 

The Bible says in Matthew, ‘Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven, but those that do the will of my father…I will declare to them, away from me you evil doer, I never knew you.’

So, you on a message board can make that judgment? More revealing about you than anyone else, including me. Your self righteousness and then doubling down on that would be nauseating and off putting if, again, it wasn't some guy on a message board trying to point to his holiness while showing his own hypocrisy by judging others. Remove that colossal board out of your own eye first. 

Well, let me say, what ever you believe, what ever you want to happen, when you are throwing your beliefs at others, you are wrong. Yes, you have a right to free speech, but there are rules on this website, I know, I have been cut off before......doesn't matter which side of the spectrum you are on.....forcing others into your beliefs is wrong. Period!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

So, you on a message board can make that judgment? More revealing about you than anyone else, including me. Your self righteousness and then doubling down on that would be nauseating and off putting if, again, it wasn't some guy on a message board trying to point to his holiness while showing his own hypocrisy by judging others. Remove that colossal board out of your own eye first. 

When you make it clear to everyone on said message board, yes, I can draw that conclusion. 

I can 100% admit that I can be condescending at times, out of pure annoyance and frustration. Drawing the conclusion that you aren’t a Christian, is not that. 

There is a difference between being a sinner, and living in sin. I don’t need to pass judgement on you when you openly admit to everyone on this board that you support living in sin. 

All I did was point out the obvious. It was you, not I, that passed judgement. You passed judgment on every Christian, as liberals generally do, when you called us bigots and claim we pass hate simply for being against sin being praised. 

Calling out sin is not the same thing as passing judgement. We are all sinners. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

The lady shouldn’t have thrown in a Bible verse Barry. Can’t get mad at people invoking their religious beliefs when she inserted into her post.  I don’t think the gay community should be shoved into a closet again but I also don’t think it’s necessary to have the Village People hit Main Street every June. 

6 minutes ago, SmokedOut said:

The lady shouldn’t have thrown in a Bible verse Barry. Can’t get mad at people invoking their religious beliefs when she inserted into her post.  I don’t think the gay community should be shoved into a closet again but I also don’t think it’s necessary to have the Village People hit Main Street every June. 

You have had the Village People on YOUR Main Street? Wow, what a moment that must have been. Did you do the YMCA???? 😏

And, having a parade is still a celebration for those in that community after having to hide, in most cases, all of their lives. Nobody needs to see any dingly danglys, for sure, but it's only 'in your face' if you are there on the front row in San Francisco or NYC.