Beloved Kids Content Creator Ms. Rachel Scorned and Attacked for Being Inclusive

3 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

You have had the Village People on YOUR Main Street? Wow, what a moment that must have been. Did you do the YMCA???? 😏

And, having a parade is still a celebration for those in that community after having to hide, in most cases, all of their lives. Nobody needs to see any dingly danglys, for sure, but it's only 'in your face' if you are there on the front row in San Francisco or NYC. 

Let me ask you this...

When these events are done 'on Main Street', they are open to the public. That means, there are many people who take their kids to these events. So my question for you is this, do you believe that is okay? Is it okay for children to be exposed to all of this?

23 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

You have had the Village People on YOUR Main Street? Wow, what a moment that must have been. Did you do the YMCA???? 😏

And, having a parade is still a celebration for those in that community after having to hide, in most cases, all of their lives. Nobody needs to see any dingly danglys, for sure, but it's only 'in your face' if you are there on the front row in San Francisco or NYC. 

Lol. You lost me at dingly dangly. 😂

26 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Let me ask you this...

When these events are done 'on Main Street', they are open to the public. That means, there are many people who take their kids to these events. So my question for you is this, do you believe that is okay? Is it okay for children to be exposed to all of this?

And to further that, if this were essentially any other group parading down the street acting and dressing the way the "Pride Parade" participants do, there would likely be arrests made. But because it's a "Pride" thing, they aren't. THAT is the truth.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Let me ask you this...

Are you for taking away the right of parents to make that decision? I am not for public obscenity in any form, but wearing rainbow clothes and being in drag isn't illegal, whatever you believe about it.  Being gay in public isn't a crime. 

13 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

And to further that, if this were essentially any other group parading down the street acting and dressing the way the "Pride Parade" participants do, there would likely be arrests made. But because it's a "Pride" thing, they aren't. THAT is the truth.

How many PRIDE parades have you been to? I can honestly say zip. Again, I will say that public displays of nudity should be unlawful, too. 

I can also say that I haven't been to a white supremacist tiki torch parade, but if they apply for a permit, and they aren't violent, should we stop them from marching? 

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

How many PRIDE parades have you been to? I can honestly say zip. Again, I will say that public displays of nudity should be unlawful, too. 

I can also say that I haven't been to a white supremacist tiki torch parade, but if they apply for a permit, and they aren't violent, should we stop them from marching? 

False equivalency, and you know it. You KNOW as well as I do that there's obscenity and in some cases public displays of nudity and simulated sex acts at these parades.

And no, I've never been to one. Have you?

2 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

And no, I've never been to one. Have you?

Nope. Although I did watch the Eureka Springs, Arkansas parade online. There were no public displays of nudity or simulated sex acts there to horrify anyone's sensibilities. 

8 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Are you for taking away the right of parents to make that decision? I am not for public obscenity in any form, but wearing rainbow clothes and being in drag isn't illegal, whatever you believe about it.  Being gay in public isn't a crime. 

That's not what I asked. 

My question was, do you think it's okay for children to be exposed to all of this. 

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

That's not what I asked. 

My question was, do you think it's okay for children to be exposed to all of this. 

You imply that no one should take children to a Pride parade. I said that it is certainly up to the parents to make their own decision. There were no PRIDE parades in my town, ever, and I didn't drive and seek one out, but I can tell you that my children grew up around members of the LBGTQ community in our town and in their school and when they went out into the world. None are a member of that community, but all are allies of that community. So, your question has been answered as relevantly as I could. Now, tell me how I am not a Christian again. 

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

You imply that no one should take children to a Pride parade. I said that it is certainly up to the parents to make their own decision. There were no PRIDE parades in my town, ever, and I didn't drive and seek one out, but I can tell you that my children grew up around members of the LBGTQ community in our town and in their school and when they went out into the world. None are a member of that community, but all are allies of that community. So, your question has been answered as relevantly as I could. Now, tell me how I am not a Christian again. 

No, it has not. 

As usual, you've blabbed on about everything EXCEPT the answer to the question asked. 

As for your last comment, all I can say is, you would only feel the need to say that if you knew what you are supporting is wrong. 

My kids have been exposed to people who drink alcohol. That doesn't mean I should take them to a bar. 

My kids have been exposed to girls wearing swimsuits at water parks that barely cover anything up. That doesn't mean I should take them to a strip club. 

My kids have been exposed to people who smoke. That doesn't mean I'm going to buy them a pack of cigarettes. 

Parents have a right to homeschool their kids. That doesn't mean you agree.

As Chris Rock once said, "You can drive a car with your feet if you want to, that doesn't make it a good idea.". 

Years ago, people talked about the ramifications of kids playing violent video games, listening to music full of vulgar language and violence, one parent households, eating processed foods along with an abundance of meals served in a bag, etc. Today, those same people don't want to act like any of those things have had anything to do with lack of obedience in kids, kid violence (this one is all the guns fault), obesity, etc. The fact is, kids ARE impressionable. 

If you raise a child from birth believing that one race is superior to the rest, guess what that child is going to believe when they grow up...that they are superior to everyone else, while serving as the head of their local KKK group. 

If you raise a child to believe they can be whatever sex/gender (SAME thing!) they want, guess what they're going to believe when they grow up...that they can get pregnant even though they were born with a penis. Guess what's that's going to lead to when they realize some sicko lied to them all their life...depression. Guess what that depression is going to eventually lead to...suicide. 

Now, que the eye roll reaction in 3, 2, 1......

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

f you raise a child to believe they can be whatever sex/gender (SAME thing!) they want, guess what they're going to believe when they grow up

I don't believe I raised my children to be anything other than kind, and they all happened to turn out to like people of the opposite sex. I think people who are gay are born that way. The rest of that is starter set 'conservative' dogma. So, no eyeroll from me. I just disagree with you on most of that. Which means I can't be a Christian.  I mean, you told me I wasn't one, so who I am to disagree with St. Lobo of Longview? 

Edited by BarryLaverty

23 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I don't believe I raised my children to be anything other than kind, and they all happened to turn out to like people of the opposite sex. I think people who are gay are born that way. The rest of that is starter set 'conservative' dogma. So, no eyeroll from me. I just disagree with you on most of that. Which means I can't be a Christian.  I mean, you told me I wasn't one, so who I am to disagree with St. Lobo of Longview? 

This is what I mean when I say, liberals can't tell the difference between disliking the sin, not the person.

It's great that your kids like people of the opposite sex. We should all love everyone. I've never said otherwise. You generally respond, however, that by speaking out against the sin, that we, I, hate the person. That's far from accurate. Take the story of the Samaritan woman at the well (someone else shared it the other day). In that time, that woman was considered an inferior based on her sex, where she was from, and her past (sinful life). Jesus still sought her out. What he did not do, however, was tell her in the end to go keep living in sin. As Christians, we ARE commanded to share the gospel, the truth. Romans 10:14 says, 'How are they to believe in him whom they have not heard?'.

Whether a person wants to accept the message or not is up to them, but we as Christians are commanded to share it. So when someone says, 'Keep your religion to yourself', 'you have a right to believe what you want, but don't put it on me', etc, no, that's not the way it works. 

We had a series with the youth group last summer titled, 'How to love the LGBTQ Community'. Jesus himself said he did not come for the righteous, but for the sinner. We ARE to love our neighbor, but we ARE also supposed to share the truth with them as well. 

As for as the Christian thing, I was also pretty clear when I said, you can't be a Christian if you support living in sin. That's not debatable, it's biblical. I did also say that I made that claim about you specifically, because all of your arguments are that you support living in sin. If I've misinterpreted any of that, then by all means, accept my apology. But again, the bible is very clear on what is required to have a relationship with Christ. So with that, I would simply encourage you to better understand the bibles teachings on it, as you were 100% right last night that it is not my place to judge you personally. That responsibility is God's, and God's alone. So for that, I apologize. 

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Doesn’t make it right! Condoning this behavior is just as bad as participating. Bad parenting!

43 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Absolutely no one would call you a Christian.  No one is born gay.  This is a learned sin.

6 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Nope. Although I did watch the Eureka Springs, Arkansas parade online. There were no public displays of nudity or simulated sex acts there to horrify anyone's sensibilities. 

Ok. So it didn't happen in one parade. Doesn't mean that it doesn't, or hasn't, happened in others. And you know this. Why deny it?

6 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Are you for taking away the right of parents to make that decision?

In some instances the right of parents to make decisions for their kids are already being taken away. You're aware of that story where a child was taken away from parents because the parents didn't "go along" with the kid being transgender, right? If you don't believe me, I can find the story for you.

But you're OK with that, right?

23 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

A two fer: the deeply cynical tactic of calling others bigots for your own bigotry AND the inference that teaching love and acceptance of others is about sex, which is a twisted and narrow gauge of the intended meaning. 

That's exactly what this is about with young children on the adult level.  Leave the kids out of it.  They'll find out about it without it being crammed down their throats.  The alphabet community is the one's that are sexually twisted in their brains.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

The alphabet community is the one's that are sexually twisted in their brains.  

And some of them are openly talking about purposefully influencing kids.

Case in point:

https://notthebee.com/article/drag-queen-your-children-will-see-us-your-children-will-love-us-and-your-children-will-join-us-

Liberals: “Conservatives are crazy, no one is going after your children.”

Also Liberals: "Your children will see us. Your children will love us. And you children will JOIN US!"

Edited by Monte1076

7 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Or the White House lawn.  

7 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Your kids sound like they are good kind human beings. Of coarse, you’re supposed to be kind of fellow citizens of the town you live in and classmates you go to school with. That’s just life. No different than coexisting with other faiths. I don’t think that is considered being shoved down someone’s throat. You gotta admit Barry, some of this we see is just out right nonsense. One could argue it hurts the LGBT community. I have a first cousin that’s lesbian and she feels that the more flamboyant things get the more their community suffers. She’s as “Modern Family” as you can get. Married to another lovely woman and adopted a black son. Cute little guy. A real joy to be around. She’s my blood and I love her dearly, as I do my cousin in law and their son.  We don’t talk about our faiths. She knows what I believe but I’m no ones judge. I’ll have plenty to answer for when my time comes to worry about someone else’s shortcomings. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2024 at 7:25 PM, SmokedOut said:

Your kids sound like they are good kind human beings. Of coarse, you’re supposed to be kind of fellow citizens of the town you live in and classmates you go to school with. That’s just life. No different than coexisting with other faiths. I don’t think that is considered being shoved down someone’s throat. You gotta admit Barry, some of this we see is just out right nonsense. One could argue it hurts the LGBT community. I have a first cousin that’s lesbian and she feels that the more flamboyant things get the more their community suffers. She’s as “Modern Family” as you can get. Married to another lovely woman and adopted a black son. Cute little guy. A real joy to be around. She’s my blood and I love her dearly, as I do my cousin in law and their son.  We don’t talk about our faiths. She knows what I believe but I’m no ones judge. I’ll have plenty to answer for when my time comes to worry about someone else’s shortcomings. 

That’s actually a well thought out post that is a rarity around here. Maybe we will all learn from it and grow to be more civil on this forum. Naw, who am I kidding, we won’t. Just kidding, kudos on the post though. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PepeSilvia said:

That’s actually a well thought out post that is a rarity around here. Maybe we will all learn from it and grow to be more civil on this forum. Naw, who am I kidding, we won’t. Just kidding, kudos on the post though. 

Thank you. Don’t wuss out. Keep those memes a rolling. They’re hilarious. It would be boring not to have someone to argue with. 

Edited by SmokedOut