OLLU won the NAIA championship 

McClennan was the JUCO runner up 

UT starts their series with OU tonight for the D1 title 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Oklahoma is really good at softball. 
Texas is really good at softball too. Texas will get their championship eventually. .

Yep.  Texas had an outstanding team this year, their misfortune is named O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A...S-O-O-N-E-R-S, a team for the ages!

And, yeah, with the senior class that OU graduates this year, they will take a significant dropoff.  Texas may possibly be the team to beat next year - maybe.  With everything that OU is losing, though, don't count them out.  They have an amazing crop of talent on the way and some underclassmen who've just been waiting their chance to shine.

BOOMER SOONER!!!  Can you say FOUR-PEAT?!?!?

Edited by BudaSooner

2 minutes ago, BudaSooner said:

Yep.  Texas had an outstanding team this year, their misfortune is named O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A...S-O-O-N-E-R-S, a team for the ages!

And, yeah, with the senior class that OU graduates this year, they will take a significant dropoff.  Texas may possibly be the team to beat next year - maybe.  With everything that OU is losing, though, don't count them out.  They have an amazing crop of talent on the way and some underclassmen who've just been waiting their chance to shine.

Oklahoma will reload. They will be right back in the mix next year. 

4 minutes ago, BudaSooner said:

BOOMER SOONER!!!  Can you say FOUR-PEAT?!?!?

There is free agency now. They won’t be completely rebuilding. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I read an item on the internet that stated that NiJaree Canady is contemplating a transfer to Norman.  Let me hasten to say I don't believe a word of it.  But after Kelly Maxwell swapped Poke Orange for the Beloved Crimson & Cream, I guess anything is possible...

Edited by BudaSooner

I wonder if Mike White will accuse Patty Gasso (again) of shady, questionable methods of building her dynasty?  Or maybe he might flip off the crowd at the USA Softball Hall of Fame Complex in OKC?  LOL

Posted (edited)

Congrats to the ladies at OU. The SEC is about to be schooled in softball.

Mike White will have the Lady Longhorns back in the WCWS next year.

Edited by Baron

On 6/7/2024 at 12:09 PM, Bclove05 said:

I’m so sick of all these fans complaining about the location of the WCWS. It ain’t OU’s fault.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with where the game is played. Oklahoma softball has an incredible program and their success has created a huge home field advantage at the WCWS for them. If you don’t like it then beat them. 

One thing I wouldn’t allow if I was the NCAA, I wouldn’t allow the stadium to be used by DI teams in any capacity before the WCWS. If your WS is going to be played at the same place every year that place should hold a bit of mystic and awe when the players reach the WS. It should be hollowed grounds and not used for nonconference tournaments or conference championship tournaments.