This is how the rich stay rich.

2 hours ago, SmokedOut said:

I tell my kids you could buy the entire menu at Taco Bell for what one meal cost now. They don’t believe me. 

I went to a local Chick-Fil-A the other day for some food for the family...3 of us...close to $35.

Last time I went to Whataburger, same thing. $35-ish for three of us.

4 hours ago, SmokedOut said:

I tell my kids you could buy the entire menu at Taco Bell for what one meal cost now. They don’t believe me. 

Show them this. My kids have never had Taco Bell. One of the four fast food spots in town. 

5 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

IMG_8796.jpeg

This was the only reason to eat at Taco Bell.  Now, it's $7 - 10 for a meal, but they've added the word Cantina to make it sound like they're a restaurant.  They don't even serve Margaritas like Taco Cabana used to do.  Most of the Taco Cabana's in my area have closed thanks to Biden.  

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

I went to a local Chick-Fil-A the other day for some food for the family...3 of us...close to $35.

At least at Whataburger you can sometimes score a survey on your receipt.  If you buy a medium fry and drink you get a free Whataburger if you take the survey.  I always get gravy to dip my fries in and what would be a number 1 combo is $6.42 after tax.  I do the same when they sell the donations for $1 for either the Houston Food Bank or for Military families.  

Think how bad it is for college students in California where they just jacked up fast food prices because of the $20 an hour wage.  They are double what they are in Texas.  Most college students exist on fast food especially if they live in dorms.  I hate slide shows, but this shows what Democrats do.  https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/california-s-20-minimum-wage-hike-is-worsening-college-food-insecurity-report/ss-BB1nU9q9

1 minute ago, BlahBlah said:

OK, why we are on fast food.  How does Sonic get a way with paying their employees less than minimum wage.? I consider them fast food employees not servers.  

When did they start doing that ?  I used to go to Sonic on a daily basis for a bag of ice, and I was told they make minimum wage $7.50 an hour plus tips.  They do get a 50 cent an hour raise if they wear roller skates.  

4 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

OK, why we are on fast food.  How does Sonic get a way with paying their employees less than minimum wage.? I consider them fast food employees not servers.  

I think it's because you can tip them.

9 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

When did they start doing that ?  I used to go to Sonic on a daily basis for a bag of ice, and I was told they make minimum wage $7.50 an hour plus tips.  They do get a 50 cent an hour raise if they wear roller skates.  

The ones in small towns west of Waco on Highway 6.  That is my work area.  They get paid 4-5 dollars and hour plus tips.  

1 minute ago, BlahBlah said:

The ones in small towns west of Waco on Highway 6.  That is my work area.  They get paid 4-5 dollars and hour plus tips.  

That's not the norm for the company.  I know in Longview, Tyler, and Houston they're all paid minimum wage plus tips for carhops.  I suppose they think they can get away with it in small towns.  If they're not making minimum they'd go somewhere else if there was somewhere else to work at.  I know Trump is going after the tipped employees vote.   Trump Vows To Eliminate Taxes For ‘People Making Tips’ At Vegas Rally (forbes.com) .  Tipped employees don't even see a paycheck, because it all goes to taxes.  This would only be for income taxes though.  

33 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

That's not the norm for the company.  I know in Longview, Tyler, and Houston they're all paid minimum wage plus tips for carhops.  I suppose they think they can get away with it in small towns.  If they're not making minimum they'd go somewhere else if there was somewhere else to work at.  I know Trump is going after the tipped employees vote.   Trump Vows To Eliminate Taxes For ‘People Making Tips’ At Vegas Rally (forbes.com) .  Tipped employees don't even see a paycheck, because it all goes to taxes.  This would only be for income taxes though.  

Trump's eliminate taxes on tips gets my full support. People who work for tips tend to be the poorest of America.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlahBlah said:

Really? I feel terrible. I’ve never left them a tip. I will from here on out. 

When my teenage daughter worked at the old (now closed) Sonic in Henderson she was paid a little over $5 an hour + tips. She quit right after a grown woman got out of her car and threw a drink at her because supposedly there was something wrong with her order.

Edited by EnjoyLife

27 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

When my teenage daughter worked at the old (now closed) Sonic in Henderson she was paid a little over $5 an hour + tips. She quit right after a grown woman got out of her car and threw a drink at her because supposedly there was something wrong with her order.

Ah, foodservice...the stories I could tell...

16 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

I used to be able to get a #1 meal at CFA for just over $6. Now, same meal costs me over $10. 

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

5 dollars an hour !  If someone did that to me I would treat it like a Waffle House.  

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Never had anything like that happen to me, but I did have a customer make an accusation of an employee stealing $10 from them (i.e. shorting them $10 in change). IIRC (and it's been a LONG time since this happened) I was manager on shift, and immediately pulled the register to have it counted. Guess what...it came out even. Customer insisted, so I called the store manager (this was in the evening) who thankfully lived just across town. She got there and she counted it. Still came out even. Customer eventually left.

The place I worked was a combination fast food place/gas station. One day someone drove off without paying for their gas, and I watched the manager (same lady as above) bolt out of the manager's office (can't recall what she was doing) storm out the front door, and yell at the customer, "I GOT YOUR LICENSE PLATE NUMBER, YOU SON OF A <CENSORED>!".

As an opening manager once I ran the entire store for 2.5 hours or so by myself until the mid-shift manager (same lady as above -- she was cool) came in. Her first words to me were, "Where is everybody?" and her second were, "Why didn't you call me?"

Customer comes in once and asks for a cup for some water. We had semi-transparent plastic cups we'd give to people for water. You could easily tell when people got things other than water because the button for carbonated beverages sounds different than the water button. Some people would get Sprite in them, trying to "fool" people into thinking it's water. But you can tell. Well, one shift a real genius comes in, asks for a water cup. I give it to him, and hear the familiar sound of one of the non-water buttons being pushed. Next thing I know, he's got pink lemonade in the cup. So I casually walk out to him and say something like, "That's some really interesting looking water. Pour it out and get out of my store."

The store I worked at was originally a franchised store. Well, the main way to flame-broil that delicious beefy goodness was broken for whatever reason. The owners decided it would be a good idea to deep fry the meat patties. No one noticed.

One lady called one time thinking we sold hot dogs. We didn't. Another lady called and kept insisting we were Arby's.

I "filled in" at another store once, and didn't get a day off in 3 weeks. I worked 21 straight days. That was toward the end of my tenure there as a manager. I actually wrote something like a 3 page resignation letter.

Edited by Monte1076

1 minute ago, EnjoyLife said:

I think minimum wage for wait staff is still $2.13 an hour.

Yes, but the way I understand it, is if the waitstaff doesn't make the equivalent of the minimum wage through tips, the restaurant has to cover the rest.

21 hours ago, SmokedOut said:

Really? I feel terrible. I’ve never left them a tip. I will from here on out. 

I always leave them a tip even if it's the drive thru.  My order is never wrong, and sometimes there's extra stuff in it or they don't charge me for my drink.  It's the same at Subway.  I buy three Macadamia nut cookies every week, and the manager doesn't charge me for my refill.  It works if you're a regular at a restaurant.