Hitchcock (9-2)
Edna (11-3)
Bushland (11-2)
Paradise (12-2)
Grandview (11-2)
Goliad (10-3) 
Sweetwater (7-5)
(2023 Season Records in Parenthesis)

What are y'alls thoughts on the preseason poll so far?

3 hours ago, blackngoldtiger said:

DAVE CAMPBELL'S TEXAS FOOTBALL 
CLASS 3A, DIVISION 1 TOP 10
Malakoff (16-0)
Columbus (12-1)
Franklin (14-2)
Hitchcock (9-2)
Edna (11-3)
Bushland (11-2)
Paradise (12-2)
Grandview (11-2)
Goliad (10-3) 
Sweetwater (7-5)

It will be interesting to see what Liberty-Eylau does this fall going down in class with a new coaching staff.

8 hours ago, Texlov said:

It will be interesting to see what Liberty-Eylau does this fall going down in class with a new coaching staff.

It'll be interesting for sure. If they can put together something quickly and get them to buy in, should be fun to watch.

18 hours ago, blackngoldtiger said:

DAVE CAMPBELL'S TEXAS FOOTBALL 
CLASS 3A, DIVISION 1 TOP 10
Malakoff (16-0)
Columbus (12-1)
Franklin (14-2)
Hitchcock (9-2)
Edna (11-3)
Bushland (11-2)
Paradise (12-2)
Grandview (11-2)
Goliad (10-3) 
Sweetwater (7-5)

Malakoff vs Franklin at AT&T... Mark it down

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Malakoff vs Franklin at AT&T... Mark it down

Very well could be again. I'm not gonna get ahead of myself and say that. Anything could happen. With Brock being out of the picture now in region 1, kinda let up on somethings there. I think the greatest challenge in region 2 will be GV, Whitesboro.

On 6/22/2024 at 11:57 PM, Texlov said:

I’d bet Winnsboro hops into that top 10 ranking before LE, especially if they beat Honey Grove..  All roads lead through Malakoff for the Raiders in football.  Maybe 3rd or 4th time will be the charm.  😐

3 hours ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Very well could be again. I'm not gonna get ahead of myself and say that. Anything could happen. With Brock being out of the picture now in region 1, kinda let up on somethings there. I think the greatest challenge in region 2 will be GV, Whitesboro.

I talked to a guy from Grandview who said they will be extremely young and shouldn't even be in the top 10. Whitesboro or no one else in region 2 will touch yall

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I’d bet Winnsboro hops into that top 10 ranking before LE, especially if they beat Honey Grove..  All roads lead through Malakoff for the Raiders in football.  Maybe 3rd or 4th time will be the charm.  😐

Winny has beat us before. Early '10s I believe. Gotta find a way to stop Jones and Hall. 

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

I talked to a guy from Grandview who said they will be extremely young and shouldn't even be in the top 10. Whitesboro or no one else in region 2 will touch yall

GV will be questionable on offense, I think they'll be more run than a balance offense this year. Their defense will be okay. I was surprised that they were ranked that high. Especially now that Allen is gone. I wasn't meaning that either would be a problem for us but those two teams to me, seem like the favorite to make the regional finals, imo. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

The rankings dont mean alot at the end of the day. Koff is absolutely deserving of that #1 spot and i dont envision them relinquishing it during the season. The Raiders have a tough opening 4 games with some new faces leading the way so it will be crucial that they just play their game and let all the other take care of itself.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chevyman said:

The rankings dont mean alot at the end of the day. Koff is absolutely deserving of that #1 spot and i dont envision them relinquishing it during the season. The Raiders have a tough opening 4 games with some new faces leading the way so it will be crucial that they just play their game and let all the other take care of itself.

You’re too nice Chevyman!  Always the gentleman.

On 6/24/2024 at 5:33 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

Winny non district sched - Redwater, HG, Hooks, Mineola & Useless

LE non district sched - Pitt, Henderson, Carthage & Bullard

You would think Winny would sweep that non district sched and LE may be 2-2 going into district.  Little tougher draw than playing Useless,  Deadwater, Hooks, Min & HG.

1 hour ago, BlackShirtD said:

You would think Winny would sweep that non district sched and LE may be 2-2 going into district.  Little tougher draw than playing Useless,  Deadwater, Hooks, Min & HG.

Surely LE will beat Pittiful, Henderson, and Bullard. I don’t know what they were thinking scheduling Carthage. 

9 hours ago, SmokedOut said:

Surely LE will beat Pittiful, Henderson, and Bullard. I don’t know what they were thinking scheduling Carthage. 

I would guess it was hard for them to fill a schedule that was close enough to Texarkana. They did also play them in the first round last year. 

10 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Winny pre district is Tatum, Redwater, HG, Hooks

10 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Uhhhh, you may want to double check the dates you saw for Winny on MaxPreps. Their schedule isn’t even complete and “Useless” and Mineola are both in Winny’s district. Here, this is from NETSN app …

IMG_1605.png

13 hours ago, SmokedOut said:

Respect for the Leopard coaches. Teams need challenges and play the best to be the best. They will learn from Carthage. 

2 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Respect for the Leopard coaches. Teams need challenges and play the best to be the best. They will learn from Carthage. 

I would agree. BUT, if a team gets dominated in every aspect of the game, I’m not sure you learn anything. I’m not saying that is going to happen between Carthage and LE, just saying in general.