2AD1 top 10 DC

On 6/23/2024 at 7:25 PM, Destry said:

This may sound a little farfetched but to me Waskom could be scary this year. Two things—-new coach is a good coach, and they may have the athletes to run his system. I have no clue about what they lost to graduation but knowing Waskom there are athletes around.

One thing for sure they won't need a passer or wide receivers. Which is sad to me. 

17 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

One thing for sure they won't need a passer or wide receivers. Which is sad to me. 

You have to throw the ball enough in the flexbone to be elite.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Valhalla said:

You have to throw the ball enough in the flexbone to be elite.

Will throw the ball 15 times a season. If that. To each his own, but Joaquin had a few teams STACKED in skills players! I'm talking STACKED! and rarely even ran outside the tackles. Much less pass! 

I really don't like being so critical, but I can't help but advocate for modern football. Run whatever you want, but THROW the ball at least 8 or 10 times per game. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

Will throw the ball 15 times a season. If that. To each his own, but Joaquin had a few teams STACKED in skills players! I'm talking STACKED! and rarely even ran outside the tackles. Much less pass! 

I really don't like being so critical, but I can't help but advocate for modern football. Run whatever you want, but THROW the ball at least 8 or 10 times per game. 

Joaquin has never been STACKED. They has some quality kids, but a lot of their success came from what they did. 

Also Joaquin did not run the flexbone which is what my comment was about to begin with. 

Edited by Valhalla
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Joaquin has never been STACKED. They has some quality kids, but a lot of their success came from what they did. 

Also Joaquin did not run the flexbone which is what my comment was about to begin with. 

They were stacked for 2a! Several different years they had the kids to run a killer spread offense. 

Whatever you call the offense it's basically the same one with 75% of the plays ran between the tackles. 

15 passes year. If that. 

8 hours ago, Valhalla said:

If Waskom’s line can get their assignments down, I think they’ll be dangerous running the slot t. That offense is designed for a program that doesn’t have athletes. Add athletes to it and it’s deadly. Just got to have superior line play though. 

7 hours ago, SmokedOut said:

If Waskom’s line can get their assignments down, I think they’ll be dangerous running the slot t. That offense is designed for a program that doesn’t have athletes. Add athletes to it and it’s deadly. Just got to have superior line play though. 

Waskom will still be Flexbone. They were using flexbone formations in 7 on 7 when I saw them. 

59 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Waskom will still be Flexbone. They were using flexbone formations in 7 on 7 when I saw them. 

Well Doomer’s ex-girlfriend’s third cousin’s second wife’s baby daddy’s former cell mate’s husband was having a shrimp dinner at Jim’s BBQ and Catfish the other day when he overheard the Waskom staff discussing their plan to install the Double Wing-T Split Back Veer Triple RPO Polecat. Tru stories 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I don’t think the flex bone that they are running is the same as the one we have been running I didn’t see the quarterback under center almost like a Gunter look

9 hours ago, Wild74 said:

I don’t think the flex bone that they are running is the same as the one we have been running I didn’t see the quarterback under center almost like a Gunter look

I personally like that pistol flex. I feel like the QB can see the defense better. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Well Doomer’s ex-girlfriend’s third cousin’s second wife’s baby daddy’s former cell mate’s husband was having a shrimp dinner at Jim’s BBQ and Catfish the other day when he overheard the Waskom staff discussing their plan to install the Double Wing-T Split Back Veer Triple RPO Polecat. Tru stories 

Well you can take that to the bank then. Thanks for the confirmation. 

13 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Lot of talk at Jim's BBQ these days, with inflation I am sure it was a very expensive place to talk, but they good

4 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Lot of talk at Jim's BBQ these days, with inflation I am sure it was a very expensive place to talk, but they good

Only way I can afford to eat there is when the pipe salesman is buying. Chemical guy buys at Amigos. 

i am from Garrison and think they are way to high in this ranking. Having to replace qb is main concern. running backs also have to be replaced but that is a position we should have plenty of. I would not be surprised to see a freshman start at rb

2 hours ago, grinder said:

i am from Garrison and think they are way to high in this ranking. Having to replace qb is main concern. running backs also have to be replaced but that is a position we should have plenty of. I would not be surprised to see a freshman start at rb

Should be an interesting first game between Waskom and Garrison Waskom brings back everybody from a three and  7 team new coach new direction we’ll see if all these Youngsters can grow up in a year

13 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Should be an interesting first game between Waskom and Garrison Waskom brings back everybody from a three and  7 team new coach new direction we’ll see if all these Youngsters can grow up in a year

If things go like I think then this will be a 2nd round playoff game preview.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, grinder said:

Yall had a couple massive 8th graders running track that were beating other schools normal sized athletes. If nothing else yall should huge across the board next few years