Who's the biggest celebrity you've ever met?

rubsumdirtonit

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have met a few of the Rangers players and gotten autographs.

That is just about the biggest celebrity I have ever met.

I am just too scared to meet any big movies stars I like.

or politicans I like or voted for.

I used to play super tecmo bowl on nintendo with Zach Thomas my fresh year at Tech. He lived down the hall from me in the dorm.

Roy Jones sr- would have met jr also but he was in Australia shooting Matrix 2 and 3. went to his farm though. had some cool old cars and about 50 different motorcycles and 4 wheelers

• 9 years later...

I Saw Motley Crue in Albequerque, NM several years ago and flew back the next day and saw Nikki Sixx in the airport. Went up and introduced myself and shook his hand and he talked to me for about 5 minutes , asked me if I enjoyed the show ect. and gave me an autograph. Real nice guy.

Right before that though some other guy tried to walk up to him while he was on the phone and Nikki told him to go away haha.

I've also met the bands or if not them some of the members of Dangerous Toys , Nonpoint , Powerman 5000 , Lynch Mob , Sevendust , Flaw , Mushroomhead , Drowning Pool , Earshot , Monster Magnet , and Crowbar and they were all nice down-to-earth guys who took time to shake hands, chat with fans, sign autographs, give a drumstick/guitar pick ect.

I love Monster Magnet and I was trying to get a guitar pick from their guitarist Phil Caivano. Didn't happen during the show , but a little while after the show was over he came up to me and my friend and gave each of us one said he noticed we wanted one and wanted us to have them , super nice dude.

Presidents - Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, and Bill Clinton. I was able to speak for a brief period with both Nixon and Clinton.

Cowboys - Lilly, Staubach, Dorsett, Too Tall, Harvey Martin, Randy White, Jethro Pugh, Mel Renfro, Walt Garrison, Drew Pearson, Ron Fellows, Danny White, Troy Aikman, Jay Novacek, Jay Saldi, Nate Newton, Preston Pearson, Tom Rafferty, Ernie Stautner, John Gesek, Dave Campo, Golden Richards, Kevin Gogan, Benny Barnes, and Kenny Gant. Kenny let me wear his two Super Bowl rings.

Bands (backstage) - Def Leppard, RATT, Night Ranger, Eddie Money, Aldo Nova, Candlebox, Joey Molland, Marianne Evans (Tom Evans wife), Corky Laing, Rod Argent, Colin Blunstone, Tony Bramwell, and Styx.

I don't know if he's a celebrity, but I graduated with Rodney Carrington.

Michael Johnson (runner)

Actors : Clayton Moore, Adam West, Burt Ward, Forrest Whitaker, Morgan Fairchild, and Chuck Norris.

The best celebrity that I ever met who was nice, cordial, and I went from hating him to liking him was Bart Starr.

The worst : Ken Hitchcock .

Willie Nelson (many times)

Merle Haggard (many times)

George W Bush (many times)

John Force - very accessible

Courtney Force - was on TV with her.

Vincent and John Nobile - regular folks

Don Garlits - great story teller

Nolan Ryan - my son worked for the Rangers

George Brett - kinda a butt

Don Prudomme - regular guy

Shirley Muldowney - sat by her on a flight

Kenny Bernstein - many times

Everson Walls

Mel Renfro - talked to Mel and Everson for 10 minutes before realizing who they were.

Ray Price - just a sweet person ... RIP

Kenny Wayne Shepherd - almost like family

Dan Pastorini -

Dan Ackroyd

Powers Boothe

Mike Judge

Randal Reeder - dude loves him some Alex Jones

Matthew McConaughey

Audrey and Judy Landers

Chuck Norris

Y A Tittle

Larry McMurtry

Don Henley

Rudy Tomjanovich

Earl Campbell

Randy White

James Garner

Linda Davis

Hillary Scott (Lady Antebellum) when she was a kid

• 1 month later...

Mark Hall and two other members played at our church camp last summer ... they did a great job. Mark has a great testimony.

I have some friends that go to church with Mark at Eagle's Landing in Atlanta. I've seen them in concert but never met them.

Coolest gospel singer I've ever met is Mark Lowry. Of course most gospel singers are readily available at their concerts.

Seen a lot, but haven't met many of the ones I've seen. These I've met and talked to.

Don Meredith

Johnny Bench

Patty Shehan

Beth Daniel

Fuzzy Zoeller

Pete O'Brien

Art Howe

Bobby Valentine

Taylor Hicks

William Shatner

Grant Teaff

Danny Ainge

Pete Weber

Nelson Burton Jr.

Earl Anthony

Mark Roth

Bob Benoit

Paul Westphal

Dave Cowens

Dan Majerle

Ken Griffey Jr.

Charlie Rich

George Jones

Dinah Shore

Deidre Hall

Drake Hogestyn

Peter Reckell

Kristian Alfonso

McDonald Carey

Francis Reed

John de Lancie

John Aniston

Charles Shaughnessy

Josh Taylor

Alison Sweeney

Joe Gallison

Bill Hayes

Joe Mascolo

Matthew Ashford

Stephen Nichols

Quinn Redeker

I've met quite a few celebrities, but not as many as most of y'all. The ones I've actually talked to for any length of time are Michael Irvin (who I met at the Dallas Zoo) and Charlie Pride at a Rangers game. I sat and talked with Mr. Pride for several minutes before a ballgame. A lot of people didn't even know who Charlie Pride was, which was good. I'm not into the "exalted" celebrity thing. If they can't talk like normal people I don't care to talk them at all. Just my opinion.

Seen a lot, but haven't met many of the ones I've seen. These I've met and talked to.

Don Meredith

Johnny Bench

Patty Shehan

Beth Daniel

Fuzzy Zoeller

Pete O'Brien

Art Howe

Bobby Valentine

Taylor Hicks

William Shatner

Grant Teaff

Danny Ainge