Who's the biggest celebrity you've ever met?

rubsumdirtonit

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by EagleFAN8706
Originally posted by TheLongRanger

lol typical religious zealot, if someone doesnt think exactly like you do, then they must not go to church. When you were building that mall of a church, why didnt you put a little of the multi-million dollar complex toward missionary activities. or put it towards some rennovation in the poverty stricken areas of tyler? i could take this alot further, but as i said earlier, i like alot of people who go to this church, and im not gonna call it out as much as i could.

i was gonna just drop it, but since you decided that i dont have the right outlook on life, im not gonna let it go.

Okay, u wanna talk about missionary work? Fine then, we have a lot of missionary work going on... our high school choir director just returned from Thailand... the whole high school choir itself is going to DC for missionary work this summer and we have a lot of different people goin' to Japan, China, Laredo, Mexico, and other Central American countries...

ok..first of all...george foreman at disney world doing a pepsi commercial...now, to mess up this thread a little more...i don't go to that church, but i'd like to point out that they were building a house for God...in the old testament, God gave Solomon very specific instructions to build an extremely elaborate temple full of precious metals and other materials...why should we skimp on God's house in the present day?

I've met Joe Adcock a few times. My dad did business with him and they were friends. He hit four home runs in a game once, back when that was an amazing feat. Also held the record for a long time for most bases in a game (18)...not sure if it still stands.

He played for several teams I believe, the Boston and Milwaukee Braves, the Reds, and I can't remember the rest off hand...I know he managed Cleveland for one year and then spent some time managing in the minors before he retired to his horse farm in Coushatta, LA. I believed he died back in 99.

Ed "too tall" Jones. He stayed in a hotel I worked at. He is claustrophobic and needed a room on the corner of the building with the most windows. He is a huge.

Colin Montgomerie and David Duvall stayed at the same hotel for the Colonial.

I got to play one on one with Jimmy Jackson. Being a cocky kid out of high school I thought I could take him. I held my own with him as far as driving on him but when he posted me up I couldn't contain him. He's very strong. I also played with Derek Anderson and Clyde "the glide" Drexler.

Originally posted by redrocket

Getting back on topic, I did have lunch with shoelessjoe a time or two at a really awful italian restaurant in town. Does that count?

....and as I recall, it was at Regotta's back when KTBB was giving away a lunch for answering a trivia question on the morning Sportstalk Show.

Redrocket ( I knew him as his alias name...which I can't reveal) is certainly a strange character.........LOL.

("strange character" is a line used by Jim Garrison (Kevin Costner in JFK)

And come to think of it, the Rocket is bigger now than back in the Regotta-thon Day's....................:w00t:

Originally posted by shoelessjoelives

And come to think of it, the Rocket is bigger now than back in the Regotta-thon Day's....................:w00t:

Of course I am. Eating at that place every week for six months would make anyone bigger.

Were you there the day they let me play the harp? Good times.

Gary Busey (@ a MAVS game)~~~Cool guy, actually talked to me about 15min.

W (@ a Rangers game)

Larry Centers(@ Shallow Creek CC) ~~~He got mad at me because he thought I hit his ball untill I showed him we were both playing with Nike Ones!!!!!

Originally posted by rubsumdirtonit

Yeah......January '78....there was snow on the ground. A friend of mine's band[the Nervebreakers] were the backup band!

Tex Edwards or Mike Haskins ?? Great band ! :thumbsup:

'wish I could have been there, but my parents would not have alllowed an 11-year-old to go to a concert . . . :cry:

Did a pack of angry rednecks really beat up Sid after the show ??