NFL/PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TRIVIA

cheaptrick77

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by bleedsbluengold24

I'm going to have to change football trivia websites. It's givin' bad info.

Bleeds, told you not to use the NFL facts and hot naked women site. :tongue: Nice view but little good facts aside from cup sizes. :tongue:

Guest bleedsbluengold24

They have this optical illusion on that page. If you look really hard and concentrate, you can actually see football factoids.

• 2 weeks later...

What happened to the last question? The one about of the four teams left in the playoffs who would not play each other in the 07 regular season? Can't remember who posted it, he answered my question correctly.

OK someone come up with a new question. :tongue:

whoops.... put that question on hold. :tongue:

Okay, you said AFC... not AFL right? Super Bowl five was the first Super Bowl with the title AFC and NFC for the divisions, AFL-NFL were the previous designations.

We are referencing the Super Bowl here. I guess that wasn't crystal clear.

I have the official Super Bowl patch from all of the Super Bowls and the first 2 patches say ""The First World Championship Game" on the first game and "World Championship Game AFL and NFL" with a Rozelle Super Bowl trophy between the names of the AFL and NFL on it for Super Bowl II. Starting with Super Bowl III the patch uses the term Super Bowl in the title of the game for the first time. Hopefully that should clear up the problem.

The question is and was.........Who was the first member of the AFC (player from an AFC team) to score a touchdown in the Super Bowl as a member of the winning team. ?

Otis Taylor of the Kansas City Chiefs broke two tackles and scored on a 46-yard TD completion in the 3rd quarter of Super Bowl IV. Kansas City went on to win the Super Bowl with a 23-7 victory for the AFL (which became the AFC after the merger of the NFL-AFL the following year).

How is that answer shoeless?

Matt Snell of the New York Jets in Super Bowl III went for a 4 yard TD run to help the Jets beat the Colts 16-7.

For some reason I was looking for TD receptions not just TDs. So I may have it right this time. :sweat:

That is correct. Brailer earned $10 and all expenses to play for the Latrobe YMCA against the Jeannette Athletic Club.

Next question?

p.s. I edited my post before this, after I re-read it I realized it looked like I was saying you made things more complicted than they really are, when I was actually referring to myself.

Guest bleedsbluengold24

Montana led an 11-play, 92-yard drive to score the winning touchdown. Assuming that the Bengals would expect him to throw the ball near the sidelines (to enable the receivers to step out of bounds to immediately stop the clock), Montana first threw a pair of completions (1, 2) in the middle of the field, one to Craig and one to tight end John Frank. His next pass (3) went 7 yards to Rice, which was then followed up by a pair of runs by Craig to reach their own 35-yard line. Montana then completed a 17-yard pass (4) to Rice to advance the team to the Bengals 48-yard line, and followed it up with a 13-yard completion (5) to Craig to move them to the 35-yard line.

But on the next play, Montana threw his first incomplete pass of the drive. After that, Cross committed an illegal man downfield penalty, which at the time was a 10-yard foul, moving the ball back to the 45-yard line and bringing up second down and 20 to go with just 1:15 left in the game. But Montana overcame the situation on the next play with a 27-yard completion (6) to Rice, who caught the ball at the 33, evaded 3 Bengal defenders, and ran to the 18-yard line before Horton managed to tackle him to prevent a touchdown. An 8-yard pass (7) to Craig then advanced San Francisco to the 10-yard line. Then with just 34 seconds left, Montana finished the drive with a 10-yard touchdown pass (8) to Taylor, giving the 49ers the lead for good. Finally, San Francisco's defense sealed the victory after Esiason's pass to Cris Collinsworth was broken up as time expired.

Next question.

In the same game, Montana had an MVP worthy performance for the third time in a Super Bowl, completing 23 of 36 passes for a Super Bowl record 357 yards, throwing for 2 touchdowns, and gaining 14 rushing yards.

Dispite his effort, who was named MVP for Super Boal XXIII?

When you catch 11 of those Montana throws it will catch a few voters eyes especially if your name is Jerry Rice.

The greatest receiver in NFL history was hard to defend especially after he got a step on you with the catch.

NEXT QUESTION

What defensive player holds the Super Bowl rcord for Most Sacks In A Game ?

Originally posted by shoelessjoelives

What date will the next Super Bowl be played? Need the Location also.

xliist3.png

SUPER BOWL XLII

February 3, 2008

University Of Phoenix Stadium

Glendale, Arizona

QUESTION, THE NEXT:

Name the only two players in Super Bowl history to return a kickoff for a touchdown for the winning team . . .