No Child Left Behind? or Enlisted

Guest Sideliner

Guest Sideliner

The No Child Left Behind act calls for schools to give all pertinent information on seniors to the military so they can try to persuade them to enlist in the military. The school is supposed to notify parents they can opt out. Has your school notified you?

Guest Sideliner

Recruiters are up-front about their plans to use school lists to aggressively pursue students through mailings, phone calls, and personal visits -- even if parents object. "The only thing that will get us to stop contacting the family is if they call their congressman," says Major Johannes Paraan, head U.S. Army recruiter for Vermont and northeastern New York. "Or maybe if the kid died, we'll take them off our list."

Originally posted by CatPride

Stawberry which branch did you serve in?

None since you ask. But it wasnt for a lack of trying. Lets just say they considered me damaged goods. I tried them all but to no avail.

Originally posted by strawberry66

ALL teens should be forced to serve at least 2 years in the military since most parents wont instill discipline.

I agree. That would instill the discipline and character into the kids that their parents refuse to teach or allow to be taught in schools.

Maybe we should re-instate the draft. That way more of our young Americans can go to some third world cess-pool and die in a country that will soon be a part of Iran or Turkey. Bring the troops home. They have done more than they need do. The final out come will be the same. We can stay six more years or six more days .

Iraq will not remain a democracy for long.

We have done Iran's job for them. We have destabilized the middle-east. Iran,Turkey and a few others will feast on Iraq after we leave.

Guest Sideliner
Originally posted by FormerMav02

Oh, no, the military can call you and send you mail....what will we do???

More like HARASS you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by strawberry66
Originally posted by CatPride

Stawberry which branch did you serve in?

None since you ask. But it wasnt for a lack of trying. Lets just say they considered me damaged goods. I tried them all but to no avail.

I'm sorry that you didn't get the priveledge to serve. My son grew up in 9 weeks. He was totally changed from the time he left East Texas til we saw him in Great Lakes for pass and review. It has been good for him, but there was discipline at home before he went to the service. And yes, I do believe in corporal punishment and my kids know that if a teacher has a problem with them, they are on the list to be disciplined.:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Colmesneilfan1
Originally posted by DeuceChunker03

The more I read what you guys post, the more scared I get for our country.

The more that I read what is posted, the prouder I become that there are still patriots left in our country.

Patriot is not the same word as warhawk. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Sideliner
Originally posted by FormerMav02

Oh, no, the military can call you and send you mail....what will we do???

More like HARASS you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They did this to me when I was in high school, and they did it to my brother as well. The answer, if you are not interested in the military, is simple: don't answer the phone.

I mean seriously, if one of your biggest fears is that recruiters can act like telemarketers, I'm pretty sure our democracy is safe.

If you choose to go into the service, it is a noble and honorable thing to do. But nobody forces you to do it. Last time I checked, we had an all-volunteer army. I thought guys like you were "against the war, but for the troops?"

Patriot is not the same word as warhawk. :thumbsup:

Patriots defend the nation against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, not just those enemies that it is politically correct to go against. Patriots know that the only way to true peace is by being the biggest, baddest, meanest dog on the block. ;)

As long as you remember as history tells us "sooner or later there will be someone bigger and badder on the block". People are always confusing patriots with the military. Just because you joined the military doesn't make you more patriotic than someone else. Kids join the military for a lot of reasons and 95% of the time it isn't "because I had a great desire to serve my country". Give me a break. I am 100% against one of my children being in the military and not because I am unpatriotic. If someone calls my home and I tell them not to call again I expect them to Honor my American right to not have them bother me!!!!

Originally posted by sports r us

As long as you remember as history tells us "sooner or later there will be someone bigger and badder on the block".

Not as long as we remain diligent in our efforts to REMAIN the biggest, baddest dog on the block. Which we will. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by KirtFalcon

Basic training would do Deuce and Sideshow a world of good! :w00t:

I went through pledgeship... can't be much easier than BT.

. . . Right! :whistle: I think your brain got fried somewhere during the process :whistle::w00t::whistle: