It's Over For Hillary . . . LOL

KirtFalcon

Molly Ivins: I Won't Back Hillary

Friday, Jan. 20, 2006 5:19 p.m. EST

Newsmax.com

"I'd like to make it clear to the people who run the Democratic Party that I will not support Hillary Clinton for president.”

With that pronouncement, liberal syndicated columnist Molly Ivins begins a blistering column that castigates Hillary and the Democratic Party for failing to take a strong stand on a variety of issues important to liberals like her.

Et tu, Brute?

"Enough triangulation, calculation and equivocation. Enough clever straddling, enough not offending anyone,” Ivins writes in her column on CNN.com.

"Sen. Clinton is apparently incapable of taking a clear stand on the war in Iraq, and that alone is enough to disqualify her. Her failure to speak out on Terri Schiavo, not to mention that gross pandering on flag-burning, are just contemptible little dodges ...

"There are times when regular politics will not do, and this is one of those times. There are times a country is so tired of bull that only the truth can provide relief.

"If no one in conventional-wisdom politics has the courage to speak up and say what needs to be said, then you go out and find some obscure junior senator from Minnesota with the guts to do it. In 1968, Gene McCarthy was the little boy who said out loud, ‘Look, the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.’”

Ivins says the majority of Americans believe the war in Iraq is a mistake and the U.S. should get out, and a majority are also in favor of raising the minimum wage, repealing President Bush’s tax cuts, imposing a windfall profits tax on big oil companies and reducing the deficit not by cutting domestic spending, but by reducing Pentagon spending or raising taxes.

"That is the center, you fools,” Ivins tells Hillary and the Democrats. "WHO ARE YOU AFRAID OF?”

For "pragmatic folk” like Hillary, Joe Biden and Joe Lieberman, Ivins urges: "Oh come on, people - get a grip on the concept of leadership ...

"Do not sit there cowering and pretending the only way to win is as Republican-lite. If the Washington-based party can't get up and fight, we'll find someone who can.”

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

The problem with liberal politicians like the Clintons, aLGore, Kerry and others is that they can't run as who they really are and win. Rather than run campaigns on their true beiefs, like Reagan and Bush, they have to try and morph themselves into someone that is acceptable to people other than their liberal base. They wouldn't stand a chance of being elected if they honestly stated their core beliefs and convictions like Reagan and Bush. They play to the crowds and make different statements to different groups depending on the audience. They are nothing but phonies trying to please everyone while unashamedly playing the race card and promoting class envy and class warfare pitting groups of people against each other. How may times did we hear aLGore and Kerry were redefining themselves? Now Hillary is trying have us believe she is a "centerist" by moderating her positions away from her liberal roots. She's as phony as a $3 bill and she doesn't have the charisma and likability Bill had to pull it off. I can't wait to see her try and explain her change of heart on so many issues when she has to debate her liberal oponents in the primaries! :w00t::whistle::w00t:

Hey , it's good to feel strong about something , but you can't believe all that.

Remember Bush's trip to Jone's U the first time he ran? He and his staff spent enough time trying to convince people he really didn't agree with that group, after he made a speach to them that was very complimentary, that they could have devoted to something else. This was just another example of all national candidates moving toward the middle in an election year.

It's true to say the Dems do it, just don't try to act like someone has the patent.

The Dems are to split apart...

Out of all the candidates the Democrats could put up, Hiliary could beat all of them blindfolded without hubby Bill's backing.

The plantation angle could be a plant for other minority races to go and vote.

I've always enjoyed Molly Ivins' columns, even though we disagree 98% of the time. She is not bashful about her beliefs and I respect her for it.

What you will see in the Democratic Party in the coming primaries is a power struggle between the liberals and the moderates. Their problem is that they have to step away from their liberal base (which is probably only 20-25% of Americans) and try to reach the moderates without offending the liberals to get elected.

Don't ever count Hillary out.

She is a masterful politician. I will give her that. Conservatives and Republicans would do well to not underestimate here. The Dems should have done that with Bush, but instead they consistently and repeatedly underestimated him and it has cost them at every election.

Hillary is torn between pleasing her liberal base and trying to appear to be "pro-war" and tough on terrorism. I saw an article this weekend that indicated although she talks tough on these issues attempting to appeal to the moderates, her voting record betrays her phony rhetoric because she votes with the libs akmost 100% of the time! :w00t:

You can't trust what she says, you have to watch what she does! :whistle:

Originally posted by KirtFalcon

Hillary is torn between pleasing her liberal base and trying to appear to be "pro-war" and tough on terrorism. I saw an article this weekend that indicated although she talks tough on these issues attempting to appeal to the moderates, her voting record betrays her phony rhetoric because she votes with the libs akmost 100% of the time! :w00t:

You can't trust what she says, you have to watch what she does! :whistle:

The equalizer in poliitics is being able to sway popularity and the electorial college in your favor. Hilary has a whole better chance of winning this because the american people realize that this is Bill's wife. She gets political backing from Bill, she'll have the Democratic ticket. Bill was elligible for office again, he'd be running the show.

You have never seen negative voter turn out like you would see if she got the Dimocrat nomination. I think the Dims will come to their senses and nominate someone less polarizing than Hillary if they really want to have a chance in the general election. There is a huge power struggle for control of the party going on behind the scenes! :w00t: