Another Armed incursion across our Southern border by the Mexican Army. This one is caught on tape.

RETIREDFAN1

Originally posted by Easton

While I think something should be done I think some of the ideas already suggested are a little harsh. When people talk about closing the borders I always feel the need to ask what indian tribe they are from and if they are full blood. I think we need some regulation but closing the borders is not the answer.

A line from a poem, “The New Colossus,” by the nineteenth-century American poet Emma Lazarus. “The New Colossus,” describing the Statue of Liberty, appears on a plaque at the base of the statue. It ends with the statue herself speaking:

Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:

I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

A beautiful poem, no doubt. I don't read anywhere saying....Give us your dope to destroy our children, give us your criminals to infiltrate our wonderful country or bring your weapons and have your way. We are defending this wonderful country and the pure essence of freedom, so that each of you can say what you want! Don't you get it?

Another profound quote " We don't want your poor, We don't want your weak and we don't want your destitute problems"..... the awesome movie 'Boondock Saints'

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is Bush's stand on this?

You would think that Texas, being his homestate, he would have ample care to at least investigate.

It doesn't matter who crosses the border... the whole point of being a superpower is to lay down the law on somebody who is breaking the rules. What's so difficult in that we can send troops across the world to take out Al-Queda, Taliban and Saddam's regime, but Bush straddles the picket fence about this intrusion of the Border?

Originally posted by DLine06

What is Bush's stand on this?

You would think that Texas, being his homestate, he would have ample care to at least investigate.

It doesn't matter who crosses the border... the whole point of being a superpower is to lay down the law on somebody who is breaking the rules. What's so difficult in that we can send troops across the world to take out Al-Queda, Taliban and Saddam's regime, but Bush straddles the picket fence about this intrusion of the Border?

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that nothing is being done about this. Most of our country's most important and life saving acts are never known about by the public. I bet there are some heated discussions and severe investigations going on right this second. If these people were indeed Mexican military, then I'm sure Vincente Fox has a full plate dealing with this administration. If it was impostors, I bet Fox is on the case in unison with American law enforcement. Either way, I bet this mystery gets dealt with.

I agree with Colmes, we should send our military down there and "handle" the situation forcefully. I don't care whether they are actually Mexican military personnel or drug dealers . . . it doesn't matter! It's ridiculous that our border patrol agents are out gunned by these thugs. They are illegally in our country by choice and should be delt with as if it was an invasion or act or war on our soil. I say ask them once to drop their weapons and hit the ground face down otherwise smoke 'em and then find our who they are! It sounds to me like we need to really beef up our border protection with some heavy duty firepower . . . maybe some 50 cals mounted on armored vehicles and some M60s and other fully automatic light weapons instead of pop guns and pea shooters! :w00t:

I think they ought to get one of those nifty looking choppers out there the military has and let somebody pull up with machine guns mounted on a Humvee, one of those choppers swing around, and Katie, bar the door!

And, Voted4, couldn't help it - what the heck does this have to do with racism? It's called protecting our borders, pure and simple. The last I heard, bus routes still run every hour. The youth of today sometimes just boggles the mind.

Originally posted by BearBryant

Build the wall!

I agree build that wall so that NO living thing can pinitrate it......make it 50 feet deep in the ground, and 40 or fifty feet tall......have razor wire up and down it and then put military posts of about 4 men every mile with all the weapons and what ever they need......and pay them $75,000 a year to stay out there and alert at all times.....

You guys are putting WAY too much clout in stereotypes and generalizations...and Dubya what in the world does wanting to stop the Mexican army from coming into our country have anything to do with being racist? Maybe I missed exactly what you were referring to, so if you could clarify that would be nice. I'm not bashing or anything I'm just wanting to understand your logic.

Lets get back to the real topic at hand, which is these drug smugglers. The facts are clear, based on a bunch of different reports that I've seen on these incidents (there was a small amount of CNN and FOX time lent to this story yesterday) that

A) Yes, they were Mexican military vehicles and soldiers.

B) There is very WEAK governmental leadership in Mexico when it comes to things like this.

C) The drug cartels and bosses can EASILY pay soldiers MUCH more that the military ever can.

D) Based on above we can only assume that these soldiers were paid by the cartels to protect the cargo without the authorization of the Mexican military.

And no, the US Marine Corps cannot fight these people because federal law prevents the United States Military from performing combat operations on U.S. soil unless there are extenuating or dire circumstances. This is what the National Guard is for and should be doing (unless they are also included in that as well).

Whatever the issue is, we have to address this publicly because media outlets aren't exactly getting this story out very well. Call up the newspapers and media outlets and get this story out there. The more media pressure is put on a situation the more effects we will see.

Aggie, what I was getting at on the comparisons over Pakistan and ours over Mexico were that, you can't lambast Pakistanis for getting upset over some of their innocent civilians getting killed in an airstrike conducted by our military, when at the same time, we get upset when some foreign group comes in and does something that irks us all. Yes I know some terrorists were killed, but some innocents were killed as well.

Simple question for Colligula and Dubya, If you were pres., How would you fellows handle this situation? Mexican gov or not! How would you handle someone coming into this great country, that offers you the freedom to say and do what you want, bringing drugs and brandishing weapons? again, mex army or not... how would you proceed knowing what has obviously happened?

Now before you answer, think about your grandchildren to be, and their children to come. What is sacred to you about this great country?

God could destroy this country in an instance and it would not matter.

As for that, I really don't know what I would do, because I do not think its going to be a problem and so I haven't dwelled on it that much. I trust our President would take care of the problem. I know I would rely on my State Department to handle things diplomatically, and if the problem continued, I would send the National Guard down there. I would not under any means though, throw nukes over there.

Originally posted by Cntnf-ball

Simple question for Colligula and Dubya, If you were pres., How would you fellows handle this situation? Mexican gov or not! How would you handle someone coming into this great country, that offers you the freedom to say and do what you want, bringing drugs and brandishing weapons? again, mex army or not... how would you proceed knowing what has obviously happened?

Now before you answer, think about your grandchildren to be, and their children to come. What is sacred to you about this great country?

I would legalize marijuana, and then we wouldn't have this problem. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Voted4Dubya

Seems as though it was not that big of a deal. I think it was just an isolated incident. Just another criminal activity. The real Mexican military didn't authorize this. This was people acting on their own. I don't see it being a problem in the future.

It was not an isolated incident. Some of the most recent reports I have seen claim it WAS the Mexican military, possibly rogue units, helping drug trafficers. There have been numerous reports of this type reported to the authoraties according to recent news stories. The politicians, including President Bush, don't want to take on the issue because they are afraid of the political fall out from American hispanics. :w00t:

Thats just politics, worrying about fallout. If you don't worry about it, then your out of office.

As for isolated incidents, maybe there were more. But I still don't think the Mexican military approved it. This is like the Abu Ghraib stuff. Some rogue's took matters into their own hands and engaged in conduct that was out of line with the United States Military. It was isolated incidents, and it wasn't that big of a problem, no matter what the New York Times says.

Originally posted by 50pinch

When you say "you people" I hope that you are referring to criminals and not all Americans.

"You people" is refferring to religious fundamentalists who want to blow up the holy places of other religions, regardless of how many innocents would be harmed.

Their narrow minded world view allows them to think that everyone of a seperate belief system is the enemy, and should be exterminated. These kinds of people are usually reffered to as terrorist, hate mongers, and war hawks.

The kind of person who would advocate droping a bomb on Mecca is no different from a terrorist who would advocate suicide bombing Green Acres Baptist Church.

Both of these people are the lowest form of life on the planet.