MY SON MADE IT BACK FROM IRAQ!!!!!

CatPride

To all of you fellow SDCers that sent your well wishes and prayers to our family while our son served this country in Al Udeid, he is on American soil now!! He spent the night in Baltimore and boarded a plane this morning for Hawaii where he is stationed. Hopefully he will be home in East Texas on the 26th of April. We breathe a huge sigh of relief!!!:thumbsup:

Have a buddy that just came back from the pacific theatre...

Training military forces on how to deal with Islamic Militants...

After two tours in Iraq....

He said Iraq was safe compared to where he just came home from....

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know the reason they were there, but Saturday afternoon, myself, my wife, and my 4 year old son went to Wal-Mart and two Marines were standing outside the doors. My boy was instantly drawn to the uniform--and as we approached the door, he pulled away from me and ran up to one of the guys--and just stuck out his hand to shake hands with the Marine. The guy just got the biggest grin on his face--and everyone there knew that Pride was the word of the day. I was proud of my son and of the service the Marine was performing--and the Marine was proud to be appreciated by a little boy who knew nothing about him other than he had a cool uniform! Most of all, everyone there was proud to live in the greatest country in the world!

Give your boy our best--He is one of many reasons America can stand proud!

Originally posted by OBTS

I don't know the reason they were there, but Saturday afternoon, myself, my wife, and my 4 year old son went to Wal-Mart and two Marines were standing outside the doors. My boy was instantly drawn to the uniform--and as we approached the door, he pulled away from me and ran up to one of the guys--and just stuck out his hand to shake hands with the Marine. The guy just got the biggest grin on his face--and everyone there knew that Pride was the word of the day. I was proud of my son and of the service the Marine was performing--and the Marine was proud to be appreciated by a little boy who knew nothing about him other than he had a cool uniform! Most of all, everyone there was proud to live in the greatest country in the world!

Give your boy our best--He is one of many reasons America can stand proud!

Give your son our best Catpride for his service on our behalf:love:

Hats off to you also OBTS for raising your little boy right, sometimes it shows when we least expect it ...:thumbsup: