Favorite MLB Park

Guest CNOrtega

Guest CNOrtega

I'm putting this on all the relevant boards, and if it's already been done, I'm sorry.

Based on where you've been, what you've seen in books or tv, or even what you've played on video games, what is your favorite MLB Ballpark.

Mine is a toss up between Ameriquest Field in Arlington and AT&T Park in San Francisco.

I'm partial to Ameriquest because I love the Rangers, but it is a park where it's old fashioned but still has the new stuff that makes it not too old fashioned. (If that makes sense) Overall it's a good place to watch a good and enjoyable game of baseball.

I would love to see Yankee Stadium and Wrigley. I'm into the old school stuff.

Been to Minute Maid in the first year of 2000 when it was still Enron Field, with it's "flagpole hill" in center field.

The retractable roof is a novelty, too. But the biggest side light is the Train that runs along the top in left field during a Astro homer.

Also went to a Baltimore Oriole-New York Yankee exhibition game in the late '70's, played in the Louisiana Superdome. The lighting was bad and it made the whole experience feel a little strange.

I've personally been to, old Arlington-new Arlington (Ameriquest); old Busch; old Comiskey; Pro PLayers; old Fulton County stadium; Camden Yards; HoHo Kam (spring training park for the Cubs), along with several minor league parks along the lower east coast...

However, until you've sit in the "Friendly Confines" of Wrigley Field you have not experienced the best venue to watch a baseball game!

I've been to the Giants stadium and it is very nice. San Diego's new one isn't as great as it looks. That's probably because my seats were right by the steel building. I have to say Fenway park is my favorite, with all of the history that went down there.

That's really a tough question to answer. I've been to four....

Ameriquest Field

Astrodome

Minute Maid

AT&T Park in San Fran

I went to San Fran two weeks ago and I was really impressed. I love the setting looking out over the bay and tv just doesn't do it justice....that is an awesome place. It's pretty cool because they have no parking. It only cost me $5.50 to ride the subway round trip under the bay from Oakland to the front gate and back to Oakland. That's way less than Arlington and you don't have to walk near as far either.

I want to eventually go to every park in the league. However, my definite top three would be (1) Wrigley Field, (2) Fenway Park and (3) Yankee Stadium....even though I hate the Yanks.

Oh yeah...I've also been to the Astrodome and the old Ranger's ballpark.

I really want to go see a game at Fenway. Me, and lady I work with and her husband might go to Boston in a couple of months and try to go to a game. That would be awesome!