Who is the most under and over rated players in this 2006 Season

qdog09

I want to know who yall think the most under and over rated players in the 2006 baseball season are.

SI says that the most under rated is Micheal Young and the most over rated is Derek Jeter.

I personall think its Bobby Abreu (underrated) and A-Rod(overrated).

(Before the season started I thought that Alber Pujols, but now he is walking the walk)

I think a guy flying under the radar this year is Jim Thome. The guy just smacked his 17th HR last night six weeks into the season! For him to miss so much of last year and come out so hot this year is really amazing.

I like SI's two picks for sure. Other over rated players....Kris Benson, A.J. Burnett, Adrian Beltre. My all-time favorite for over rated players has got to be Jeter.

A-Rod is definitely overrated. What has he ever done in the post-season besides choke? Not to mention that he's a locker room cancer. I'm glad he's finally found a place where he fits in, with all the other over-paid players that NY has purchased from around the league.

Originally posted by Immortal13

Good ole PayRod.....I loved it when that fan held a dollar on a fishing pole out towards Arod when he was in the on-deck circle. That was classic, and a little suprising that he didn't run over there and stick that bill in his pocket.

so it is the player's fault for taking the money offered to him? So you would turn it down?

I would also want the satisfaction of knowing I earned a World Series based on talent and playing as a team rather than having some owner, just go out an try to buy me one. And that even hasn't worked as of late, and it sure won't with Afraud on the team.

no way arod is overrated, no way. he gets paid a huge amount of money, but why wouldn't he take it? the rangers traded him, he didn't bolt. doesn't jeter make like $19 mil per? no one ever says a word about that. arod is a much better all around player certainly worth $6mil per imo.

Originally posted by MantleLives4Ever

How someone could thing Alex Rodriguez is overrated ... that's beyond me. And all Adam Dunn is good for is hitting home runs ... other than that, he's striking out. Just look at his batting average.

Hey guys, you should know better than bash Mantle's beloved A-Rod. The question is not "who is the best player in baseball" but simply who is overrated. Dunn can be half the player A-Rod, but that doesn't change the opinion that Dunn is underrated or A-Rod overrated.

Believe it or not, all you Yankees haters, they are good for baseball.

Oh I believe they are good for baseball....but that doesn't mean I can't hate them! :w00t:

Houston is a very small market

Houston is not quite as big a baseball market when you talk about New York, Chicago and Boston. New York and Chicago both have teams in both leagues and Boston's storied team along with Celtics and Bruins add to the legendary sports town that Boston is.

What is sad.........The Evil Empire spends 200 million and they still can't dominate baseball. It wont be long and Georgie Boy will be spending 300 million to win.

You had to love when the Marlins beat the "Devil" in their own park for the championship.

Mj is underrated but that is changing slowly. I really don't see how A-rod is overrated. I know he is a cancer but he was fun to watch when he was a Ranger. Don't miss him though.

HOW CAN YOU SAY AROD IS OVERRATED???? THAT MAKES ZERO SENSE! IF YOU SAY THAT AROD IS OVERRATED BECAUSE OF WHAT HE DOES, OR DOESN'T DO IN THE PLAYOFFS...HOW THEN CAN YOU MAKE AN ARGUMENT THAT MICHAEL YOUNG IS UNDERRATED WHEN HE HAS NEVER BEEN IN THE PLAYOFFS? I will admit that I am a Michael Young fan, but it is absolutely idiotic to say that ARod is overrated...