Barry stands alone at #2 Hits #715

Bigbobby

Guest CNOrtega

I don't want to quote cheaptrick's entire post, because it would take too long. It goes back to the argument that top to bottom the players are better now than they were in the days of Aaron, and especially better than the days of Ruth. Bonds had a power surge because the training is better, the technology is better, the parks are even getting smaller. Cream and clear, sure. He admitted taking these steroids, but he did not know that they were steroids. If you guys are going to take the author of Game of Shadows at his word, then I will take Barry Bonds at his. Again, you guys sicken me that you'll try to find anything to bring someone down because then it will knock the almighty Ruth down a peg. I know all the Ruth stories, I've seen all the Ruth stats. Sorry guys, if he were in the majors today, he'd be the equivalent to Richie Sexson home run or strike out, with a heavy dose of the latter.

The game will be better off without Bonds...hurry up Barry..break the record ..i for one can't wait for that day when Barry strolls to the podium and says he has had enough. I know one thing....if he becomes a baseball analyst on one of the shows after his career..i will never watch that program again.

i'm with you bigdawg, the quicker he gets out of the game the better for me and the rest of baseball as well. i wonder if i take a small bag of white powder from someone and put it in my car, get pulled over and find out it's some sort of drug if i can use the "I didn't know what was in the bag" defense like bonds does. what a ridiculous excuse.

Originally posted by CNOrtega

Cream and clear, sure. He admitted taking these steroids, but he did not know that they were steroids. If you guys are going to take the author of Game of Shadows at his word, then I will take Barry Bonds at his. Again, you guys sicken me that you'll try to find anything to bring someone down because then it will knock the almighty Ruth down a peg.

Suuuuuuuure he didn't know. How convenient that he doesn't pay attention. Game of Shadows is just a small piece of the puzzle as to why Bonds is guilty. The late power surge, the unbelievable size difference, his personal trainer who was convicted of distributing steroids! Good grief, how much proof do you need? Without a doubt, I would say we have more evidence that Bonds is guilty than we did for Rafael Palmeiro, who could have easily been set up.

On the issue that Cheapy touched on....I totally agree. Barry Bonds was a HOF player BEFORE he blew up late in his career. That's the sad part. Bonds has tainted his entire career unnecessarily due to the steroids. I have no problem with Bonds being called a great player or even putting him in the HOF. But for him to take all the HR records, I have a problem.

For the record, I could care less about Ruth. It's the integrity of the game that is at stake here and that's what matters to me. Hank Aaron could be threatened, and there is a whole list of top HR hitters who are one notch further down the list than they should be. If Bonds had any decency, he would retire, apologize, and go away.

Originally posted by CNOrtega

Cream and clear, sure. He admitted taking these steroids, but he did not know that they were steroids. If you guys are going to take the author of Game of Shadows at his word, then I will take Barry Bonds at his.

Either you are the most naive person to ever live, or you don't even believe what you are saying. "The clear", as it is commonly called, is a designer steroid that Barry did know about. Would you let someone squirt an unknown clear liquid under your tongue without demanding to know exactly what it was? Of course you wouldn't.

Again, you guys sicken me that you'll try to find anything to bring someone down because then it will knock the almighty Ruth down a peg.

You are indeed sick if you think we are trying to "find" something to bring Barry down. He did this to himself out of pure greed and jealousy. Now he is reaping what he has sown.

I know all the Ruth stories, I've seen all the Ruth stats. Sorry guys, if he were in the majors today, he'd be the equivalent to Richie Sexson home run or strike out, with a heavy dose of the latter.

You said it yourself Ortega....today's parks are smaller, the training is better, and the technology is better (balls, bats, ect.) I think you just made an excellent case that Ruth would've been an even greater player today.

Imagine what Babe could've done on a little juice......hmmmm.