Who's gonna be the best 2A football team this year....

wheelsonfire

I say Tatum is the best team going into the season. this will be an interesting couple of years for 2A. a lot of potentially very good teams. i've said on here before that 2A will be the toughest classification in football this year. there will be a lot of good teams that will not even make it out of their region. Tatum, Jefferson, New Boston, Daingerfield, Newton, Crawford, Marlin, Garrison, Pewitt, etc. these are all reg. 3 teams. there could be half of dozen state champ caliber teams in their. Tatum and New Boston/Jefferson should meet round 2, Crawford and Newton should meet round 2, daingerfield should meet an Arp/Garrison/Troup in round 2. these are some pretty dang good teams not getting past round 2.

reg. 4 will have it rough come semi time. i don't know of any really good teams in their except for maybe lexington.

should be a fun year for 2a ball.

Two loses in the regular season, and another one in the 2nd round of the playoffs, Dang i would have thought that they would have made atleast 3rd or 4th round atleast, Don't they have some of their players back from the state championship team, are all them gone.

Ask ten people this question ~ you could very easily get 10 different answers

I heard that the Tatum Eagles Football t-shirts were going to have a bullseye on the back, the more I read on Smoaky the more fitting I think that would be.

Tatum has many coming back....The group of juniors returning have only lost one game since 7th grade!

Guest TtownEagle803

Tatum will be the toughest no doubt. And yes theres a pretty big bullseye on their back and everybody wants to be the one to take 'em down. There is a lot of good 2A schools in this region. Should be an exciting year in east texas 2A.

Originally posted by NBhardhitta757

umm theEaglesWit we beat tatum's jv team not to mention there freshman to in 05 so i'm guessing thats the only lost your talking about right???

umm, no

first of all freshman 05 does not equal juniors 06 (well, okay maybe once in a blue moon)

Since more than usual varsity players were sophomores this past year I was counting the varsity team standings...the loss I was referring to was in middle school against Gilmer I believe

Guest TtownEagle803

I aint downin Jefferson, ya'll got a tough RB coming back. Should be able to rack up some impressive #s this year.

The problem that both Jefferson and Tatum have is that both of their districts are very large so every game counts. Tatum was a great team last year in 3A and it appears that they are poised to be just as good if not better this season. Having said that, many teams with their talent are prone to getting ahead of themselves and are vunerable to some "what the..." games.

Guest TtownEagle803
Originally posted by CoachBird2

The problem that both Jefferson and Tatum have is that both of their districts are very large so every game counts. Tatum was a great team last year in 3A and it appears that they are poised to be just as good if not better this season. Having said that, many teams with their talent are prone to getting ahead of themselves and are vunerable to some "what the..." games.

Losing those "what the..." games are the ones that'll take the moral right out of you.

agree with TTown...IF tatum loses one...or even more in predistrict...how will they respond? they also have the big target on them...can they handle it? who knows??? only the shadow...

and yet again...can we get thru the first practice before we raise our testosterone levels?? :bye:

I think that you have to split the 2A teams up into small and large when you ask this question. From what I understand (and I may not have my information correct), after the 2A teams make the playoffs they then enter separate brackets by small and large. If this is true it will be a interesting year especially when you have a big difference in enrollment (191 for small 2A and around 400 for large 2A).

Originally posted by Schooner

I think that you have to split the 2A teams up into small and large when you ask this question. From what I understand (and I may not have my information correct), after the 2A teams make the playoffs they then enter separate brackets by small and large. If this is true it will be a interesting year especially when you have a big difference in enrollment (191 for small 2A and around 400 for large 2A).

The problem with that logic is it doesn't always work out like that during the playoffs. Some of the largest schools will always make it into the Div II small school bracket because of the enrollment make up of districts with several large enrollment schools. In 2001, Celina, one of the largest schools in AA, played Garrison, one of the smallest AA schools in the finals. :w00t:

Originally posted by IamTheWalrus

I doubt Tatum will lose a game this year. They will probably breeze through the 2A competition, without too much trouble. The only thing that could hurt them would be injuries.

Wow, That's a bold statement! Have you seen their pre-season schedule?? Have you looked at 19-AA closely? I'm a huge Tatum fan and hope your prediction comes true....but undefeated 2005 doesn't necessarily mean undefeated 2006.

boyd wasnt and they beat newton in the state champ game... quitman hung with newton throughout most of the game with newton. just because they drop to 2a doesnt mean there gonna be good. i believe in a lot of sports 2a has better competition. 2a is the new 3a, they tried to make 3a smaller with realignment and all it did was make 2a HUGE. Until something else is down 2a will continue to get bigger and have better competition...