What Running back will get to 1000 yards 1st.

hogwash

Although he technically plays QB, the Sturns kid from Rusk will probably reach the 1000 yard rushing mark before anyone else in 3A, or maybe even the state. If he doesn't count then my next pick would be Jeremy Calhoun (sp?) From Van.

Calhoun will split too much time with Crawford to get there fast. You'd have to throw in Luke Shivers from Whitehouse although may or may not be on the same level as Sturns, Calhoun and Creer. Possibly Jazmine Mitchell from REL--if he is as fast as billed.

I'mma say Justin Sturns...big time...not just because i'm from Rusk...but because he is an animal...what kind of QB runs the ball 331 times in a year and gets 2,564 yards...thats crazy! He gets hit every play...no matter what...and still runs the ball that much?

I'll make a bold statement and say I bet he has 1,000 yards after 4 games.

Guest TtownEagle803

I dunno bout Creer gettin to 1000 first, our first 3 games are D'field, Gilmer, and Center. Once we hit district Creer will prolly start racking up monsterous yards.

You can bet that Sturns will be one of the first along with Shankle. Both of their teams depend on them to carry most of the load.

Originally posted by poisonednutz10

Gilmer's RB's don't get a whole lot of carries. Several WR's run the ball as well.

I realize that the WRs are a big part of the game for Gilmer. I am from there and played for Jeff.

justin johnson of gilmer could but he is in a program that is balanced but not too focused on the run not even on the running back running every person who can, runs the ball plus there is too much talent and everything else to even attempt to focus on one aspect of the game or on one player