Mabank

RHSeaglefan

What is Mabank supposed to be like? That is who Rusk is playing first and I havn't seen or heard anything about them. Dave's says they have good numbers returning and some monsters on the line, sounds like it will be a good opening opponent for my Rusk Eagles.

Rusk will more than likely beat Mabank pretty bad. I have not seen them in a while, but they are like the other Cedar Creek Lake teams.....the better athletes go somewhere else. Kemp, Eustace, Malakoff they never can get momentum going. Too many people always on the move escaping monthly rent payments on their double-wide trailers!

Jimmy Cantrell is the coach at Mabank and he's doing a great job. Don't know where Dowdy is nowadays. Mabank is picked to win their district this year after dropping to 3A. Mabank will be a good 3A team, but they just don't have the numbers to be competetive in 4A.

Originally posted by bulldogbacker

Rusk will more than likely beat Mabank pretty bad. I have not seen them in a while, but they are like the other Cedar Creek Lake teams.....the better athletes go somewhere else. Kemp, Eustace, Malakoff they never can get momentum going. Too many people always on the move escaping monthly rent payments on their double-wide trailers!

What :w00t:!! I don't know where you are getting your information, but you might want to rethink your statement. Mabank missed the playoffs last year by 1 point in the last game of the season in 4A. That was in a district with Ennis Corsicana and Lancaster. All of which have more athletes than Rusk. Whoever said Mabank had monsters on the line was right. I don't think the boys from Rusk will like the sight of those giants. The smallest linemen is 250 and they will all put you on your butt. Also everyone they played in 7 on 7 had a hard time covering their top 2 recievers. That includes John Tyler and Tyler Lee as well as some pretty good teams from the Metroplex. I've seen Rusk on film. The QB is one of the best runners I've seen. If he gets past the second level he is probably gone, but he can't throw to save his life. I know his natural position is running back and they don't have to throw it much, but he is a terrible passer. Maybe he has worked on that this offseason I don't know, but he needs some help. I think that both teams will score a lot of points and it will be a shootout, but no way Rusk will dominate them. The boys from Mabank have seen much better teams than Rusk and they won't be afraid of them by any means. Rusk better show up ready to play or Mabank will put it on them I promise. You were pretty close on the double wide comment though I have to give you that...

Originally posted by kaorder1999

mabank is picked to win their district that also has kaufman and crandall. Mabank will be a very good 3A team. I saw them manhandle Wills Point, a good 3A team, last season in predistrict.

Wills Point is in district 10AAA with Commerce, Emory Rains, Nevada Community, Quinlan Ford and Royse City.

Mabank is in 13AAA with Kemp, Ferris, Crandall, Kaufman and Eustace.