Who do you think the best Jr high football player is.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by xgsindianx06

theres this 8th grader #21 for the gs indians hes an awsome tailback and ouststanding outside linebacker!he is average size but he hits really hard and can move...

I know a bunch of grand saline boys, including their tailbacks, linebackers, and QB and none are standout players.

The best would be spring hill's DILLAN BROWN. If you dont know him he has led his team so far to a 14-0 record through 2 years with a few more games to go. this kid is unstoppable hes got one of the best arms in east texas and is mobile. he will b a force after that leath kid graduates

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by shpanther07

The best would be spring hill's DILLAN BROWN. If you dont know him he has led his team so far to a 14-0 record through 2 years with a few more games to go. this kid is unstoppable hes got one of the best arms in east texas and is mobile. he will b a force after that leath kid graduates

yea, ive gotta agree with dillan brown....i used to play football with him when he was in seventh grade and i was in eigth.....he is going to be something special, and if coach bero is smart he will move leath to reciever to utalize dillan brown more effectively

8th grader at Texas Middle School in Texarkana....

He is Kory Sutton's little brother....kory is now at u of a

was a jr. on t-high state champ. team....all state as a sr.

from what i have seen and heard the little brother is better

• 3 weeks later...

I've listed several players who I think are very good. I have 8 years coaching experienced in youth football, ages 5th through 7th grades and have watched a lot of area youth football for years. Note, the players I listed are not in any particular order, so don't think they are rated from top to bottom.

Dillon Brown, QB. Spring Hill, is an excellent QB. I've seen him play once this year and once last year. He is very accurate. Moves well and throws excellent on the run. Posses some of the best skills of all 8th grade QB’s I’ve seen in the last two years. Also, his back-up has a very good arm. Also, they have some good receivers.

Cody Sutton, I watched him play for four years, three years in the Texarkana Youth League (5-7th grade) and a couple of times this years in 8th grade action at Texas Middle School (TISD). I believe he had about 1,500 total yards this year and around 12-15 TD's. I'm not sure how many carries; I have not had a chance to ask his father. I saw Sutton carry almost the entire defense on his back against Mt. Pleasant on several carries. The rest of the time, Mount Pleasant never got close enough to touch him. I think he had about 4 TD’s and 180 yards. I saw Sutton run for at least 170 yards against North Lamar. He is very fast (track speed) and very strong. He is only about 5'6" (maybe) but about 165lbs, bench presses around 225 lbs. While on his Texarkana Youth Select Team "Hawks" he has played against some of the better talent in the area. All-star teams from Tyler, Hallsville, Mesquite, Rockwall, Marshall, Lufkin, Orange Texas/Lumberton Texas All-stars, Shreveport Brookwood, North Little Rock RazorBacks and all the teams in the Texarkana League. He has always been among the best on the field. The only one I've seen that could come close to challenging him is the next person on my list.

Tyler McInnis, TB from Pleasant Grove. I know Pleasant Grove is not a football power but they had a decent 8th grade team. However, they have been known to have had some good high school running backs over the years. I've seen McInnis play several games this year and have watched him and the Sutton kid play for three years in the Texarkana select leagues on the“Hawks”. The Hawks always had the best backfield of any team they played. McInnis hits the hole harder than anyone I've every seen at his age. I'm told McInnis had over 2,000 yards all purposes yards this year (8th grade) and over 20 TD's with about 170 touches. He is average size, not quite 5'5" and about 155 lbs. He is quick and fast for a white boy. However, he is not as fast as Sutton, but may cut quicker. He is strong like the Sutton kid, bench presses 220lbs and squats 325 lbs. Also, I saw him play last year (7th grade) against Dangerfield which P.G. won. The kid ran about 50 yards for a TD, threw a 70 yard TD pass and intercepted a pass and returned it for 65 yards for a TD. This year I saw him run for 260 yards and score 5 TD’s on 9 carries against Hooks. Against Pine Tree, I saw him run for 160 yards on 5 carries and score 3 TD’S and against Spring Hill he ran for 205 yards (2 TD's) 15 attempts. Against North Lamar he had 277 yards (2 TD's) rushing and receiving on 17 touches. I hear he had 210 all purpose yards against Liberty Eyalu and 243 all purpose yards against Atlanta.

Charles Jean, FB-LB, Pleasant Grove 8th grade. Good size, around 5'8", 155 lbs. He is an extremely hard hitter almost reckless. This player who goes wide open as fast as he can and his collisions are most violet. He is fast and had good quickness and reacts to the ball well. Jean is a good running back very effective and is capable of playing tailback. His blocking at FB is the best I've seen. Jean was injured in the 3rd or 4th game of the year and when he went out you could see that the offense and defense suffered in the games that I saw. Before Jean went down, McInnis was averaging around 21 yards per carry, after Jean went down he was only averaging 10 yards per carry. On defense, once Jean went out the team let up almost twice as many points as they did while he was playing.

Keyaira ? or Keyman Harris , 8th QB from Texarkana Arkansas North Heights. I saw him play a couple of years ago on the Texarkana Hawks Team from the Texarkana League as a back-up. Keyman was an 11 year old on an 11-13 year old team. He had a good arm, very accurate for his age and could move the offense very well both throwing and running. He is very mobile, fast and quick. He can move the ball and did so this year for North Heights. He is someone to look out for.

Anthony Arnold, PG 8th Grade. Anthony played OT, DE, DT & a little LB. Anthony is big, 6’ 0” 185 lbs, tough and versatile. He plays with an attitude and will hit you.....hard.....all over the field. Anthony shows good blocking and tackling technique and is very aggressive. He almost never comes out of the game playing offense, defense and special teams. He is another big reason that the Hawks rushed for over 2,000 yards and why the QB did not get sacked. Also, he was why the Defense did not let up a rushing TD until the 6th game of the year and only let up an average of 13.5 points per game.

Joseph Rose, 8th RB-LB Atlanta. Fast, big quick and strong. Joseph is probably 5'7.5" about 175-180 lbs and fast. He has good cuttting ability and side stepping ability, he runs hard. He will run around or over you. On defense he is an aggressive hitter and flows well to the ball. You will hear a lot about him in the future.

There is an outstanding 8th grader on Daingerfield's Jr. High team, Alex Edmonds, he is Germaine Edmonds little brother, who is currently the QB at Northwestern St.... There is already talk of him playing on varsity next year, whether it will be at QB remains to be seen... He will be someone to watch out for the next 4 years...

I would like to mention a couple of more players,

Terrance Nelson, WR and LB, Texas Middle School. Terrence played for the Hawks in the Texarkana Youth League and this year as an 8th grader at TMS. Terrence is tall, approximately 5'11' or 6', about 170 lbs and very fast. On defense he hit very hard and with an attitude. He will continue to grow and will be a good player.

Hayden Turner, QB, Texas Middle School. Hayden played for the Hawks in the Texarkana Youth League and was the starting QB for the 8th grade team TMS team. Hayden is fast with a strong arm and good height. Hayden makes smarts reads on defenses and has good instincts.

i have been watching hayden play for about 3 years now and what i have seen is that he has a very strong arm and he is very quick at his position....he reads the defenses good but for some reason he seems to throw picks...to be honest on that hawks team he was a better safty than a quarterback i think he caught like 9 picks....cody sutton is a very very good back he had 1200 yards RUSHING and he had i think 27 touchdowns....25 rushing and 2 receving

Originally posted by Slikk1803

There is an outstanding 8th grader on Daingerfield's Jr. High team, Alex Edmonds, he is Germaine Edmonds little brother, who is currently the QB at Northwestern St.... There is already talk of him playing on varsity next year, whether it will be at QB remains to be seen... He will be someone to watch out for the next 4 years...

Slikk he didn't QB the 8th grade this year. It was Tyler Boyd who had over 1600 yards passing.