President Bush makes STUPID comment

TxBroadcaster

I try to not attack a political person, but instead attack their policies, but What Bush said today was plain stupid

He stated that in History books the war in Iraq will be nothing but a comma..not smart..I hve a feeling any family member of a soldier killed, or wounded will not be happy that their loved ones died for a "comma"

Originally posted by Voted4Dubya

If people would think more rationally, and not put emotion into context so much, then they will realize that he was not trying to undermine anyone. But think about it seriously, 300 years from now, its not like Iraq will be viewed as a "crusade" or civil war but rather as a short conflict.

Short conflict? Sorry but it has gone past that phrase. I am someone who supported going into Iraq, so dont think this is an attack on him because it is not. He simply should not have said that. You cannot expect people who have lost loved ones to look at anything to do with this war without emotion.

If people would think more rationally, and not put emotion into context so much, then they will realize that he was not trying to undermine anyone. But think about it seriously, 300 years from now, its not like Iraq will be viewed as a "crusade" or civil war but rather as a short conflict.

A short conflict that has already lasted longer than WWII and is dividing a country on many levels. Rational thought with no emotion? Are you kidding?

Originally posted by HS1988
Originally posted by SHO-TIME

ummm can someone please lol ask me this one little stupid one million dollar question here? LMAO WHEN DOESN'T BUSH MAKE A STUPID COMMENT?

When his lips are not moving.:whome:

omg lmao i just spit out my supper lmao lmao :rofl::rofl:

Tell you what STUPID is.....

Stupid is believing that if you appease the enemy, they will just go away and leave us alone.

Stupid is trusting in the United Nations.

Stupid is focusing all of your efforts in dividing the country during a crisis, when you should be uniting against evil.

Stupid is believing that if you keep on doing what you have been doing, the end result will be different.

Stupid is believing everything your college professor shoves down your throat, instead of researching the truth.

Originally posted by Rhino2K4

Stupid is believing that if you appease the enemy, they will just go away and leave us alone.

Because killing the parents of baby terrorists will deter them from becoming what their parents were.

Stupid is trusting in the United Nations.

Agree.

Stupid is focusing all of your efforts in dividing the country during a crisis, when you should be uniting against evil.

Where exactly has Mr. Bush united the nation? Things seem more polarized than ever.

Stupid is believing that if you keep on doing what you have been doing, the end result will be different.

You mean like "stay the course" in Iraq?

Stupid is believing everything your college professor tells you, instead of researching the truth.

Yeah because education is the devil!

Evil enemies? Lets see that would include Iran who is being told they cant have nuclear weapons by an administration who says we dont need to abide by the non proliferation treaty that we signed, China who actually owns more U.S treasury bills than we can honor which may someday make them our "daddy", North Korea which is more dangerous than Iraq was when we invaded, The Lords Resistance Army who is killing innocent people in Africa. These are just a few evils that "really" are dangerous and wont go away. The Axis of Evil is growing every day. These evils are all more dangerous to us as Americans than Iraq ever was, but the most dangerous one is the only one who attacked us on our soil. We should all never forget that and this administrations lack of effort to get them.

Originally posted by Rhino2K4

Actually, I was referring to a certain class of people in our country, not the war. But nice spin nonetheless. ;)

"Pois e" is the phrase "there you have it" in Portuguese. Imagine that coming from an evil, educated infidel like me. :turned:

Of course, I had to look it up for myself to confirm my professor's word. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by HS1988

Evil enemies? Lets see that would include Iran who is being told they cant have nuclear weapons by an administration who says we dont need to abide by the non proliferation treaty that we signed, China who actually owns more U.S treasury bills than we can honor which may someday make them our "daddy", North Korea which is more dangerous than Iraq was when we invaded, The Lords Resistance Army who is killing innocent people in Africa. These are just a few evils that "really" are dangerous and wont go away. The Axis of Evil is growing every day. These evils are all more dangerous to us as Americans than Iraq ever was, but the most dangerous one is the only one who attacked us on our soil. We should all never forget that and this administrations lack of effort to get them.

What recent administration has done something about them? So I guess you are not against war, just against war with Iraq. So tell me armchair General, which country would you attack first and how would you do it?

Iraq has not lasted longer than WW2.

The correct statement is that it took the U.S. less time to invade Europe and defeat Hitler than it has in Iraq. A weak parallel, but truthful in context.

Iraq conflict:

Started March 20, 2003. Currently September 25, 2006.

Time: 3 years, 6 months, and five days.

D-Day to VE-Day:

Started June 6, 1944. Ended May 8, 1945.

Time: 11 months, 2 days