President Bush makes STUPID comment

TxBroadcaster

Im sorry straw it must have flown right over your head. My point is none of them require our military action. The only thing we have any legitimate reason for using force is to get Osama. The General remark was cute but old. It amazes me how some people can make those kind of remarks without having any idea what someones military service includes, or what rank they obtained.

Originally posted by Colmesneilfan1

We have a legitimate reason to use our military any time our national security is threatened.

I completely agree. And that's why I believe these never-served-a-lick politicians should leave it up to the military leaders to get the job done. You let the soldiers do the fighting and we're all going to be a lot better off.

Originally posted by Middle

I completely agree. And that's why I believe these never-served-a-lick politicians should leave it up to the military leaders to get the job done. You let the soldiers do the fighting and we're all going to be a lot better off.

Middle, the planets must be lined up cause you and I thinking the same way too much. Still have to be careful though. Kerry has Military background but he is an idiot.

Originally posted by HS1988

Im sorry straw it must have flown right over your head. My point is none of them require our military action. The only thing we have any legitimate reason for using force is to get Osama. The General remark was cute but old. It amazes me how some people can make those kind of remarks without having any idea what someones military service includes, or what rank they obtained.

We know after the fact that Saddam didnt have or moved the WMD's we and every Democratic politician thought he had. Now you and every democratic politician use that to oppose the war which the democratic politicians once supported. Am I missing something?

And IF you served, thanks. However that does not make you immune to making stupid statements on Smoaky.com.

I am not going to try and debate Iraq, but it does amaze me how many people hold President Bush personally responsible. Politics is Politics, yes, he is the Commander in Chief and all that, and we have to have someone to criticize, but I would bet a dollar against a donut that if he could do exactly what he wanted to do, this joke would be over, you could bag it and tag it, but he can't, he is a Politician. I could end this thing in 30 days time if I could be in charge without all the sideshows, politics, and all the stuff that must be considered. I truly feel President Bush is a man to ride the river with.

I just wish he would step it up, say this is what we are going to do to protect America, put America first, and provide for the American CITIZENS. You don't like it, tough, you want to protest do it somewhere else, you want to do something about it, bring it on. You kill one of ours we will kill all of yours. War is hell and you don't want war with The USA. This is America by God, greatest country in the world, and we are going to keep it that way, or die trying. Will that happen, nah, not until they make me President anyway.

Originally posted by Middle
Originally posted by Voted4Dubya

Iraq has not lasted longer than WW2.

The correct statement is that it took the U.S. less time to invade Europe and defeat Hitler than it has in Iraq. A weak parallel, but truthful in context.

Iraq conflict:

Started March 20, 2003. Currently September 25, 2006.

Time: 3 years, 6 months, and five days.

D-Day to VE-Day:

Started June 6, 1944. Ended May 8, 1945.

Time: 11 months, 2 days

A very weak parallel.. We were already fighting Hitler in Italy, Africa, etc..

I thought all along the best route was to engage in military action in Afghanistan and Iran, first. Finish the deal in those two countries and we could have moved on to Syria , Palestine and plucking out Hezbollah out of Lebanon. When this was done, I would have focused my military and diplomatic efforts on stablizing the government in Pakistan and encouraging Pakistan and India to dismantle their nuclear arsenal. Only after these matters were accomplished, would I even consider ousting Hussein in Iraq.

To me, Hussein was a lot like Chavez and Castro, a controlled threat.

With that said, as much as I disagree with the war in Iraq, we must stay the course. It's the whole Pottery Barn, "you break it, you buy it" effect. I just think a lot of these problems could have been avoided had we approached this mess in a different manner.