Paul Pewitt 20 Hughes Springs 16

TexasGolfCoach

Tradition is the kids coming out and playing with heart when they were down. Tradition is never giving up. Tradition is expecting to win. Tradition is having the smaller, slower, weaker team and still hanging in the dog fight to come out on top when most people thought you had no chance. Tradition is something that these kids have learned from an early age. That is what tradition is. Tradition is not living in the past. Tradition is not relying on the past in order to win. Tradition is something that is pasted down from year to year, and in this case Tradition had nothing to do with winning, but it did have something to do with the way the kids played and gave it their all which in the end lead to the win!!!!!

The Brahmas expect to win everytime they step on the field and that has become a way of life in Brahma Land!! And TRADITION will make sure that continues.

Success Breads Success!!! Enough Said!!

oops...hit wrong button first time

great hs game between two evenly matched teams last night...Pewitt kids were able to make a couple of plays at end to win game...hats off to both groups of players...

leopard is right...adjustments and kids making plays won that game...tradition does not win games players wins games...

two penalties decided game...pewitts last drive the 15yd roughing passer agin HS helped to set up betts run down to 2 yd line...the pass interference agin Pewitt won game (from my field level view the Pewitt DB was cooked) dont know if it was intentional or not but the HS rec was going to be wide open...

regarding the last play...HS had been running iso/lead to their left all game with good success so ifn ball was on 3yd line or less I can understand reasoning if outside of that I would have thrown to big tall rec HS (Wesley?)had...would have gotten two maybe three chances...was on opposite end of field and could not tell what yd line was the los...

Guest TtownEagle803

Congrats Pewitt......I dont even think Daingerfield(which was the expected powerhouse of the district) is gonna even make the playoffs.

think that hooks, pewitt and hs will be able to score on NB defense...the rub will be ifn any of those schools can slow down NB's offense, they are pretty good on that side of the ball...

NB, Pewitt, Hooks after week one...this district is liable to go down to the lasst week on who is in and out of dance card...better bring your hat every friday night...

Originally posted by Pewitt_Brahmas

and why do players win games...because tradition has taught them how!!

disagree with ya...players have been taught through repeated repetitions in hundreds of practices in the same system since seventh grade how their body/brian should instantly react to certain situations during a game...tradition does not teach them, coaches teach players how to do those things...then thru external stimuli players learn other behaviors that enhance those learned abilities...that is where work ethic/expectations/character enters...

just wondering...ifn the Immel kid had been a step or two faster (genes) what this tradition talk would have meant...

Originally posted by Bock
Originally posted by Pewitt_Brahmas

and why do players win games...because tradition has taught them how!!

disagree with ya...players have been taught through repeated repetitions in hundreds of practices in the same system since seventh grade how their body/brian should instantly react to certain situations during a game...tradition does not teach them, coaches teach players how to do those things...then thru external stimuli players learn other behaviors that enhance those learned abilities...that is where work ethic/expectations/character enters...

just wondering...ifn the Immel kid had been a step or two faster (genes) what this tradition talk would have meant...

I disagree with you Bock on the tradition a little bit. I know you have been around Pewitt awhile and, may have even coached there. I have been here my whole life and can remember when the only tradition we had was losing close games. In the mid 80's we were a .500 team most years. Then we slowly built a TRADITION of winning, reaching our 1st state championship game in 93. Your beloved LSU Tigers have a proud tradition and pride themselves being tough in Death Valley. I know when I played the tradition of Pewitt was like a security blanket, it may not be real, but we thought it was, kind of like MOJO. It may just be in the heads of the ballplayers and printed on the scoreboard, but hey I will take any advantage we can get.

Originally posted by TexasGolfCoach

17AA prediction:

1. Pewitt

2. Hooks

3. New Boston

4. Hughes Springs

5. D'Field

6. L-K

7. Queen City

8. Redwater

The next month of football should be awesome in this district.

i disagree. I say:

1. New Boston

2, HOOKS

3. Linden Kildare

4. Paul Pewitt

5. Daingerfield

6. Hughes Springs

7. Queen City

8. Redwater

Originally posted by football56
Originally posted by TexasGolfCoach

17AA prediction:

1. Pewitt

2. Hooks

3. New Boston

4. Hughes Springs

5. D'Field

6. L-K

7. Queen City

8. Redwater

The next month of football should be awesome in this district.

i disagree. I say:

1. New Boston

2, HOOKS

3. Linden Kildare

4. Paul Pewitt

5. Daingerfield

6. Hughes Springs

7. Queen City

8. Redwater

Well, we wont have to wait long to put your predictions to the test, #1 vs #2 and #3 vs#4 all happen this week. LK should not even put up a good fight with Pewitt, but they are 3-1 and I have been wrong before.

Guest CNOrtega

LINDEN?!!

You put Linden at #3?

They'll be doing good to win one game in district play, against Redwater maybe.

I can tell you this, the coaching stafs @ PP & HS are very good & their hd coaches are first class guys. I worked in their districts for several years & I can't say enough good things about them. That being said, I bet that tradition played a part in the winner of this game.Tradition is something you don't arrive at overnight & it is a weapon that coaches do NOT underestimate.

Are both Wesley brothers playing for HS? If so, I bet the oldest looks like dadgum David Boston out there.

Yea, both the Wesley brothers are playing. The oldest at WR and the youngest at RB. All I have to say about H.S. and P.P. are they are both very good teams. It is a tough district that we are in but I think that at least one if not both of these teams should make the playoffs. Excellent job to both teams. Go Mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!