Is AROD a choker or is there just to much pressure in NY

What's you baseball fans opinion of Arod. IMO he just looks like he can't handle wearing the pin stripes.

I think he is tremendous baseball player but he isn't getting it done with the Yanks when they get to the playoffs.

A-Rod – .927; Jeter - .842 hi. That’s right: Rodriguez has not only been a better hitter in the playoffs—when it is generally agreed that the games matter most—he’s been far better. Baseball "fans" are still bitter about A-Rod’s horrific .581 OPS in a 2005 Division Series loss to the Angels. It might console them to know that Jeter has done worse in five separate postseason series, a whopping 21% of his playoff career.

And these numbers are coming from probably the biggest Jeter/Yankee fan in the world. Or at least in this area.

ARODS stats in his last 12 playoff games with the Yankees.

He's 4 for 41 with a .096 BA. So yes he has been shut down in the post season.

Twenty Two the title of my thread was I asked if anyone thought he was a choker not that I've labeled him one. As I've stated I think he's one of the best if not the best player in the ML today.His numbers don't lie.

I just think he needs to get out of NY.mo

I don't think he's a choker. He's just chokin in NY.

I think that ARod's a great player with "too much on his mind" between pitches. And yes, I don't think that the Yankees and him are the greatest matchup. I was originally glad that NY got him, but he's definitely falling short with them in the playoffs.

However, since the Yankees have fallen short from 2001-2006, it's obvious that others before him have "done less than their best", and while he's been there, others have failed to make the difference.

But ... he stands out with that 252 MILLION $$$$ contract. That alone puts him at the forefront.

In fact, I could see Arod being "one down" to Bonds .... never winning a World Series .. and unlike Bonds, never reaching a World Series ............ but .... being the #1 home run hitter of all time when he retires.

I think Arod is just uncomfortable playing 3rd. He has hit the ball well all season long. Even good players underperform sometimes. If the Yankee fans would quit booing him and let him play he might have some stress lifted. It looks to me like ARod is a player that carries problems to the plate and has trouble shaking things off. Here's something for you yankee fans -Get off his back and support one of the greatest players of all time. Maybe he'll feel like he is wanted in the Bronx and can get confortable wearing pinstripes.

While you are dicing up ARod, let's look real quick at one Reginald Martinez Jackson, AKA Mr. October.

Supposedly one of the great post season performers......right ?

Looking at his resume over those post season days for Reggie, The Straw That Stirs The Drink barely mixed the whole glass.

77 Games of Post Season play with78 hits in 281 AB's and of course the mighty barometer of all, 18 homers. That's one homer every 15.6 at bats and a .278 avg.

Tommy John did more for Reggie on one night than his name has done on the operating room for all those countless pitchers.

Originally posted by shoelessjoelives

While you are dicing up ARod, let's look real quick at one Reginald Martinez Jackson, AKA Mr. October.

Supposedly one of the great post season performers......right ?

Looking at his resume over those post season days for Reggie, The Straw That Stirs The Drink barely mixed the whole glass.

77 Games of Post Season play with78 hits in 281 AB's and of course the mighty barometer of all, 18 homers. That's one homer every 15.6 at bats and a .278 avg.

Tommy John did more for Reggie on one night than his name has done on the operating room for all those countless pitchers.

But didnt Reggie hit the ball when the team really needed him to?

I agree that Arod is a great player and the whole choke thing is ridiculous. I just hate the Yankees.

Next year A-Rod will be the 3 or 4th highest Yankee paid Yankee (being paid by the Yankee the rest is paid STILL by Texas). I am a big Yankee hater but A-rod is still worth every penny and is a bargain for the Yankees. Baseball is a funny game and a short amount of at bats can distort a lot of things. I bet any team that plays the Yankees in the post season plays to NOT let Alex beat them.

Originally posted by sports r us

Next year A-Rod will be the 3 or 4th highest Yankee paid Yankee (being paid by the Yankee the rest is paid STILL by Texas). I am a big Yankee hater but A-rod is still worth every penny and is a bargain for the Yankees. Baseball is a funny game and a short amount of at bats can distort a lot of things. I bet any team that plays the Yankees in the post season plays to NOT let Alex beat them.

What's bizarre is that the Yankees have the greatest lineup I've seen in my lifetime, they score 3 runs in the final two games of the series (while giving up 14) and somehow ARod is the focal point of the whole thing. You know what happens if ARod stubs his toe and he can't play in the LDS? The Yankees still lose.