I just spoke with Gilmer head coach Jeff Traylor...

Smoaky

and he confirmed blue-chip wide receiver/cornerback Curtis Brown was on crutches after an injury in the first half. He couldn't get into specifics, and I didn't ask him too, but he did say Brown would undergo an MRI sometime soon.

Good luck to him...

Smoaky

Smoaky, I know you where at the WHOUSE game 2nite, just curious as to what your opinion is of them? I have not seen them play yet, just been listening on the radio. Do you think they are a play-off run type team or just the beneficiary of a weak district? I hope 2 see them soon, but just curious from your perspective if this is a special team or not?

Whitehouse beat Jacksonville in every single phase of the game.

It was an absolute woodshed game from the first snap.

I was asked to speak at the Whitehouse Pep Rally earlier today, and I could sense even then...a Holy War mentality within the school and community.

This was an absolute domination tonight for Whitehouse.

Smoaky

Curtis and Jake aren't the only 2 kids that can catch the ball. Lamar Harris is right behind Curtis in receiving stats and is #3 in East Texas. Gilmer will still have a playoff run. This will not stop us, just merely slow us down until his return. But if he is only out for 3 weeks then he will be back during district, which I don't believe anyone will challenge Gilmer.

i really hope the kid is ok because i never want to see anyone hurt in a game. but i'm sorry i don't think anybody is even going to notice except the gilmer faithful, it's not the players right now with gilmer, it's the system. these kids are so versed in this system and how to play in it that when one goes down theres 4 more who can step in and take his place and they all play it to perfection. thats just good coaching!

I saw Curtis this morning. He was limping, but w/o crutches. No serious damage, but out 3 weeks. Key is getting him back in time for playoffs.

Of course, some people recover from ankle injuries faster than others. I wouldn't be surprised if he is only out 2 weeks, but I know the coaches aren't going to risk injury. But for Ashley, well a broken collar bone just takes time to heal, and there is no way that can be rushed.

Yes, Gilmer will replace these players and the offense will continue to roll. The coaching and system are great. But no one really replaces Curtis Brown. This kid is an amazing athlete.

Even if Curtis is ready to go in 3 weeks, I'm not sure I would play him until the last district game. And I would only use him sparingly then. I would just let him get back to being used to game speed and get him ready for the 1st playoff game.

Any chance on Jake being back this year?