WE WANT ROMO!!!!

Originally posted by TxEaglecaller

Yep I am assuming a guy who has NEVER taken a meaningful snap in the NFL is not going to step in and start winning right away.

Happened before. In fact, 2 of them are playing tonight.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slow down now... What's all this about the D?..... I thought the D did a pretty good job considering they were on the field most of the night and did a DARN good job considering all the turnovers Dallas gave away. The score could have been a lot worse. I was mad earlier. Now I'm just upset... lol... Our best chance is still with Bledsoe, not saying Romo couldn't do it but I'll go with experience 7 outta 10 times... lol

Guest texpal22

i think if they are going to continue to use Bledsoe they need to use a shot gun offense. i do not understand why they don't. they never have that i can remember since Staubach. i believe they are the only team that doesn't use it.

as for todays game they had 5 turnovers. i thought overall the defense did ok except for giving up big plays. Bledsoe was pressured all day. to many sacks. some were his fault and some weren't. same goes for the ints. i think that last one was Wittens fault. he went the wrong way. Bledsoe didn't try and force it he just threw it right to the Eagles player. there seems to be way to much miscommunication between him and the receivers. if i knew without a doubt Romo was the answer i'd say get him in there. i really believe Bledsoe will give them their best shot but i won't be disappointed if they decide to put Romo in.

Originally posted by strawberry66
Originally posted by TxEaglecaller

Yep I am assuming a guy who has NEVER taken a meaningful snap in the NFL is not going to step in and start winning right away.

Happened before. In fact, 2 of them are playing tonight.

Yep you can name some..but the numbers agianst are FAR greater

Some of you people need to realize that Romo is no more mobile than Bledsoe. He also played alot against players who got cut after preseason. Romo has potential but needs to get in the games when the boys are winning pretty handily. That is how you groom a QB. You don't just throw them out there. Romo would have been sacked just as many times as Bledsoe did today. The Eagles Defense just did what alot of teams will start doing against the Cowboys on a weekly basis. Maybe the cowboys need to go to shotgun to let Bledsoe have a better advantage. Romo isn't the answer just yet. Maybe next season if he gets SOME work this year.

Originally posted by RAMbone

Some of you people need to realize that Romo is no more mobile than Bledsoe. He also played alot against players who got cut after preseason. Romo has potential but needs to get in the games when the boys are winning pretty handily. That is how you groom a QB. You don't just throw them out there. Romo would have been sacked just as many times as Bledsoe did today. The Eagles Defense just did what alot of teams will start doing against the Cowboys on a weekly basis. Maybe the cowboys need to go to shotgun to let Bledsoe have a better advantage. Romo isn't the answer just yet. Maybe next season if he gets SOME work this year.

Romo ran a 4.9 in his combine. Not bad and probably faster now. I garuntee Drew can not run a 4.9.

Originally posted by fballfan72

Is it just me or does it seem like the Cowboys really haven't tried to "groom a quarterback" since Aikman retired? They seem to have no trouble finding talented young guys, but then there is no plan to bring them slowly into the system. Case in point, Romo had yet to throw a single NFL regular season pass heading into this year. I dont get it sometimes, I know great quarterbacks dont come along often, but sometimes you can develop a really good one if the system is in place. Just my oppinion though......

perfectly stated...couldn't have said it better myself. but i do support romo in the next start.

Not sure the right direction to go. Bledsoe throws a good ball but his decision making isn't that great, he holds the ball way too long and he can't evade anybody. It may be time to take a look at Romo. But Dallas has to beat the texans. Have too. Don't care who is in at qb.

I agree, I would like to see Romo get his chance, but one thing in defense of Bledsoe, I blame alot of it on the coaching staff, they hardly ever ran out of the shotgun, that is Parcell's stubborness to run the ball at all cost, the shotgun would have at least gave him a few more seconds, secondly, you can only block so many guys, Philly has and will always blitz the Cowboys, they did when Aikman was there and will continue. It wasn't until late in the 3rd quarter that they even ran a play the rolled the pocket away from the pressure. Aikman even commented on that wondering why it took Parcell's staff that long to do that. I think it is time for Romo, the days of the pocket passer are over, too much speed on defense.

Guest texpal22

maybe instead of us all blasting Bledsoe and wanting him out or blame T.O., maybe some of the blame can be put on Parcells. it's obvious Bledsoe is not very mobile. why not run the shot gun to allow him just a little more time? why not run some 3 step drops and get rid of the ball quick? Philly did not blitz the Packers because they did these things. i think the Cowboys have a good team but against the good teams they aren't making the proper adjustments.

Originally posted by Tatum_DirtyBird

Slow down now... What's all this about the D?..... I thought the D did a pretty good job considering they were on the field most of the night and did a DARN good job considering all the turnovers Dallas gave away. The score could have been a lot worse. I was mad earlier. Now I'm just upset... lol... Our best chance is still with Bledsoe, not saying Romo couldn't do it but I'll go with experience 7 outta 10 times... lol

Wrong Dallas held the ball for 36:59 Philly 23:01.

Guest texpal22

their defense gave up to many big plays. 3 catches were for almost 200 yds. other than that they did pretty good.

Williams didn't appear to have as bad a day as I had originally thought, allthough Watkins was just terrible.

On the flea flicker, I'll just chalk that to a good play from McNabb. Our guys weren't fooled, but they just couldn't find the ball in the air, and it was right in the guy's hands. Perfect throw.

I'm still not crazy about the 87 yarder. Bad call by Zimmer, who didn't need to blitz from the corner because we were doing so well in our front 7.