Gilmer 35, Sabine 7, 2nd quarter

BearX7

Really not much to say about this one. 28-0 at end of 1st quarter, and Sabine didn't do anything. Gilmer's starting field position for 1st quarter was probably the Sabine 30.

The Sabine kids played hard, especially in the 2nd half. Yes, Gilmer had 2nd & 3rd string kids in, but Gilmer will do that to every team in the district, with the possible exception of Spring Hill. Sabine moved the ball, converted 3rd and 4th downs, and played hard. They were totally over-matched by Gilmer, but if they play with that determination in district, they might win a game or two.

For Gilmer, this was a chance to rest a lot of players, and play a lot of back ups.

Originally posted by Nutfrom92

Gilmer was letting the freshman quarterback, Stump Godfrey, spend some time playing. He showed some skills tonight! Fun to watch him.

I see a possible prospect to look at for the next 3 years.

good game tonight buckeyes! it was nice to see josh win homecoming king.he is such a nice young man. you will do good in wo next week .play hard,you are a strong team.and i know your couches are very proud of each and everyone of you . see you all in white oak next week. how about them buckeyes? 49-7 good job and good luck from here on out!:clap:

Guest TtownEagle803
Originally posted by CasualObserver70

Really not much to say about this one. 28-0 at end of 1st quarter, and Sabine didn't do anything. Gilmer's starting field position for 1st quarter was probably the Sabine 30.

The Sabine kids played hard, especially in the 2nd half. Yes, Gilmer had 2nd & 3rd string kids in, but Gilmer will do that to every team in the district, with the possible exception of Spring Hill. Sabine moved the ball, converted 3rd and 4th downs, and played hard. They were totally over-matched by Gilmer, but if they play with that determination in district, they might win a game or two.

For Gilmer, this was a chance to rest a lot of players, and play a lot of back ups.

Nah....2nd and 3rd string will see plenty of action against Spring Hill as well. Nobody in that district will oppose a threat.

Originally posted by hares
Originally posted by blackflag_74

this is a little off the subject, but gonzales beat goliad tonite, so that almost guarantees that cuero will go d-2 in the playoffs and therefore will not play gilmer.... gonzales just has to win 1 more district game to seal the deal.

Exactly what I have been saying. Still have a ways to go but 29-3A is a five teamer and even though Gonzales went into the game with Goliad 0-6 (he, he...Atlanta also started district play at 0-6) from the very beginning of the season I could not see Cuero as the Div I rep out of that district rather Gonzales with the largest enrollment and finishing at least in the top three.

There are many, many, many polls and opinions. Way too many I think. Mark my words, if Cuero wins out they will be the AP's number #1 team at the end of the regular season. And I believe the AP rankings come to an end at that point. So Cuero will go down in history as the #1 3A team for 2006 by the Associated Press. And that is the poll most noted in the sports news media.

Gilmer first has to get past LE in round one if that materializes. Potentially Decatur in Region 1 looks to be the favorite to play the Buckeyes in one of the semis. But I and many others have thought that in past years, perhaps Abilene Wylie? I don't know how strong Carthage , Palestine or Hutto are out of Region 3 but of course only one of these has a chance to make the semi-final between Regions 3 and 4. I don't see any Div I out of Region 4 making it past the semi. Wimberly in Region 4 and in a four team district will go Div II as Bandera is the large school and of course Cuero whom we have predicted will also be Div II out of Region 4.

If Gilmer gets past LE looks to me like the Buckeyes have pretty clear sailing to the state final. You never know until it is over.

Here we go again...who is best, Div I champ or Div II champ. Unfortunately at that point it is shear opinion.

Gilmer will roll over LE.

ok, since we're on this subject and talking about possibilities...

what about Celina? i havn't heard or seen anything on them basicly all season. would they go D1 or D2 if they make the play-offs? are they going to be a factor in the championship chase further down the road?

Gilmer is likely to win and score a lot of points, but they will not roll over L-E. L-E defense is capable of playing Buckeyes tough, but I admit Gilmer offense is special. L-E has played overall stronger schedule and they've seen the spread offense three times already. L-E has two key injuries in secondary right now. They must get well, or it could be ugly. Maybe I'm wrong, but L-E's front will put pressure on Kinne that he hasn't seen this year. Gilmer will have trouble stopping L-E offense, too. I think this showdown will be a lot like the Gilmer-Daingerfield game.