Tatum train horn not allowed?

Tatum_DirtyBird

The horns are not banned by the district as several teams have brought them to Arp. Is it a class act for Troup's band to play off key as loud as they can in an attempt to disrupt an offense? (while the snap count is being called) This is far more distracting and annoying than a celebratory train horn after the play is over. Tatum you will see what I'm talking about.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by FBJ

It's not a violation of the Texas Penal Code. It's not a violation of the UIL rules, and if Troup can't produce a written policy about in their proceedures, they can't stop you. Take it and make them produce a written policy. I'm tired of these people that act like, "It's my ball and you play my way or I'm taking my ball home." :messbaby:

The horn is not part of the game, but if you want to take it, go ahead. But if we don't want it at our house you want honk it, written policy or not. If you don't like that rule, take your ball and horn and go home.

Originally posted by TroupTiger

Foosball. . . now I see, Troup band caused Arp to lose. . hahahaha!!! That's too funny. . .:lol:

What else should I have expected from you TroupTiger? Did I once say that the troup band caused Arp to lose? I didn't think so. It was just a mere observation of the poor sportsmanship that was displayed. As far as the game goes I am well documented on here as saying troup flat out whipped Arp, the end. Now, back on topic, as far as the noise makers go, my point is, if troup is allowed to have their band make a deliberate attempt to disrupt an offense then Tatum should be allowed to blow their horn in celebration.

This is a serious question, so please be gentle with me.

If you consider all of the train wrecks in that part of east Texas in the last year, could it be a safety problem if train horns were brought into towns that have a lot of train traffic?

I don't like the horns. I think they are an intrusive part of modern football, but I guess if you like them do it at your place.

Foosball. . . peace. . . if I remember correctly your own band was usually playing the same time ours was. . . kind of a battle of the bands going on there. The thing is that there are plenty of other ways to make noise without that many decibels bellowing out. Like Stephenville and their propane tanks. . .think those are real cool. We have milk jugs and coke cans filled with pennies, beans, etc that are used a lot of games by fans. I know Troup fans will also stomp the metal bleachers and that can create quite a bit of noise also as well as have the thunder sticks from time to time. Finished. . . will not be on here again today. . . a little friendly banter. . . didn't know it would strike a nerve! Good luck to both Tiger teams tonight! :)

Alto used to carry a portible sound system to play music for their players to get hyped up before the game and most schools stopped letting them carry it into their stadiums. They only played it before and after the game. I guess they are trying to ban anything that may be intimidating to anyones opponants any more.

Originally posted by Middle

The people who usually don't like the horns are the ones backing the teams getting drilled every Friday :)

If you don't like the horns, make a bigger and louder one and take it to their house next year. Haha!

My team has been quite successful over the years and I don't care for the horns. Rusk used to have an extremely loud one and we beat them most years. But when those horns are being blown it's very hard to hear the public address announcer who is trying to give credit to the athletes who are playing the game. It's also hard to hear the bands who work hard to prepare for the games and deserve to be heard. And it's hard to hear yourself think. They take away from the atmosphere of a good game. Of course some people (maybe you) like to ride down the street and play your car stereo so loud that it can be heard two counties away, but I don't care for that either.

Originally posted by BigRedFan

Did not Ennis get this train horn fad started? I for one like all the noise possible at the games.

I still have nightmares of an Ennis - Highland Park game from a few years back. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKK all bleepin' game long.

I say stuff the artificial noisemakers. They don't add anything positive to the atmosphere of the game. Yell, stomp, clap, band can play a continuous loop of Another One Bites the Dust, whatever, just keep the train horns at home.

I don't see anything wrong with having a horn at the games. We have one at Kilgore and I've never heard it being blown when the bands were playing. I'm pretty sure it's blown when we score a touchdown or kick off to the other team. I see nothing wrong with that - it just adds a little more noise to the game. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if schools want to ban the horns then we have to respect their wishes, too.