Gilmer vs Mineola

Gtownhornsfan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say one thing Dirtybird.....I'm a huge diehard Gilmer fan...but I have to tell ya...I didn't even listen to the Gilmer/White Oak game..i was listening to the Tatum/Troup game..and I just had that good feeling it was gonna be a classic...I have to congratulate Tatum on a hard fought game..that was fought to the end right there...now thats some good friday night high school football for ya right there..

Let's see a good one Gilmer!!!

Dirtybird I was also pulling for you all Friday night. I was at the Buckeye game, so didn't get to listen to yours. We still have lots of respect for your boys! One loss is not the end of the season for them, I hope they come back this week and light things up!

It will be interesting to see if any of Gilmer's wounded play. I suspect Curtis Brown and Jules Johnson will continue to rest and rehab. But Gilmer hasn't missed them in district. Congrats to C. Brown for being a member of the Army All Star game. Quite an honor.

Gilmer scores 50-60. Mineola will score some how, but I can't imagine them scoring more than 14.

Originally posted by flatheadcatfish

:dancingbanana: mMineola is on a winning streak, it is time to turn loose their secret weapon .

Well, if they are playing in Mineola, the only secret weapon Mineola has is their clock guy. I tell you, that press box is their home field advantage. That's not a joke either, not that Gilmer will have to worry, but if you play there you better have someone watch them.

Everyone needs to remember Steve Wells is 2-2 versus Jeff Traylor. Wells has told everyone that "HE WILL WIN THIS GAME". My prediction:

Gilmer = 80

Mineola = 0

Gilmer needs to make a statement to the whole district that they mean business. The Supt. from Mineola voted against G.J. coming to Gilmer, so they need to score alot of points at the "Toilet Bowl"!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Originally posted by highschoolfootballnut

The best thing Gilmer ever did was to allow one of their own to return and and take the helm of the Buckeye Program. Jeff Traylor has done that. Let everyone think Cuero is #1, when those two finally meet, East Texas smash mouth football and speed will kill the other regions' Bucks will win another ring!

They're not going to meet this year. Cuero is assured of going "small school" this season since Gonzales won Friday night.

I agree with you that the Bucks will win another ring. And maybe some other team from East Texas will eliminate Cuero. Otherwise Gilmer will be ranked No. 2 all year long, not that anyone should get all that upset about a bunch of sportswriters' opinions.

Gilmer will win by 50 and some how Mineola will score. But there defense is good enough to keep anyone in the state from having any real chance of hanging with the bucks this year. But even if they didn't, I don't think there is a team in the state that can out score the offense so it is a mute point.

Gilmer 60- Mineola 7

There's this guy who keeps telling me the record for a "modern" gilmer team is 68 points. I don't think Gilmer is out to try and reach that record. Jeff Traylor and Steve Wells are friends, and I think Jeff will not run up the score. But I know there will be a grudge simply because of what Mineola did with the GJ Kinne issue.

So what happens? I'm guessing Kinne throws 8 TD passes on them.